I've just downloaded/installed PS 1.6.0.8 and am configuring my store, default-bootstrap theme (currently). Have 2 issues that I see at the moment.

(I have followed the install guide and deleted all of the demo data, optimized the database and 'deactivated' the shop in Preferences>Maintenance while I'm doing all of this setup work.)

1. All my test orders come up with "Free Shipping" even though I've gone to Shipping>Preferences and set Handling Charges and the Free Shipping $ and LBS all to 0 (zero). I've even tried raising the Free Shipping to $1000 and 1000 pounds but no change. What do I do to get rid of the Free Shipping?

2. I've installed both a USPS shipping module and a UPS shipping module and configured both with their API login/link info. However, if I take a test order all the way to the shipping stage it says "no carriers available" for the order. When I go to Shipping>Carriers I have 22 now listed and I have bulk selected them and then bulk "enabled" them. What do I need to do get the carriers working?

Thanks,

Bob

• Like 1

I have tried everything I can think of but still no success.

1. I have the Free Shipping feature disabled by placing a 0 in the field -- see attached "Shipping Preferences Screen"

2. I have populated the products Shipping page with viable data -- see attached "Product Shipping Screen"

3. Have installed/configured both the USPS and UPS APIs

Yet, as you can see in "Shopping Cart Window" attached it still says Free Shipping.

Can anyone please give me a clue as to how to fix this? I'm really eager to get the store online but can't do it with "Free Shipping" for every order.

Thanks,

Bob

post-816915-0-36399900-1405701056_thumb.jpg

post-816915-0-58528600-1405701059_thumb.jpg

post-816915-0-05668500-1405701061_thumb.jpg

Solved the problem. The store was corrupted, so I built a new store and the above problems went away.

For what it's worth: I recommend not following the installation instructions, in part. When the instructions say to upload the extracted files from the downloaded zip file you will have to upload 6400+ files and I think this is where my problems started. Filezilla gave a few errors but also gave the impression that, through retries, it resolved the problems. Obviously not. So, on the rebuild effort I used FileZilla to upload the zip file to my server then used the server's File Manager to extract the files and place them in the correct place. It took a few more steps but less time because uploading the zip file was significantly faster than uploading all those uncompressed files, plus no errors.

I had the same problem again last week and found that all of my countries were disabled in localization resulting in the no carrier error. late last year, the same problem was resolved when I had to select default carrier in the warehouse area if you activate advance stock. Seems like there are so many things that can create this error and you then have to go through a lot of searching and testing to get the answer for your problem at that time.