Doubt about Best VPS option for Prestashop

Hi

I am evaluation the change from a cloud hosting to a VPS and i would to know what will get me a better performance for Prestashop:

Having 1 vCPU's and 4Gb of ram

OR

Having 2 vCPU's and 2GB or ram

Also, does it make sense and go that extra mile to have for example 2 vCPU's and the 4Gb? Does it make so much difference?

Thanks

well i think that it will not be a problem to migrate your VPS account to better packet, almost each hosting provider allows that.

so if i were you i will use 2gb & 1cpu and if it will not be enough - migrate to better option

You have not provided any information about your expected catalog size, or number of visitors to your website, so this is impossible to answer.

Hi

I am sorry, i have no idea that was very relevant

Catalog has about 15k products and at this moment i have between 5000 to 7000 visits per day

What has your hosting provider said about the options? Are you table to have a trial on a test or duplicate store? 

I will change hosting, my current provider does not have VPS. I did not spoke and choose the new one yet. I tried to find any information about "real good" providers in my country, but i did not found nothing conclusive

Hi

I am sorry, i have no idea that was very relevant

Catalog has about 15k products and at this moment i have between 5000 to 7000 visits per day

that is significant volume, certainly not a start up business.  you are going to need more horsepower then a single virtual CPU.

You really should work with your hosting provider for this.  Besides providing your with a hosting environment, they should be properly tuning your web and database environment.  There are many factors to consider besides CPU and memory.

• Like 1

that is significant volume, certainly not a start up business.  you are going to need more horsepower then a single virtual CPU.

You really should work with your hosting provider for this.  Besides providing your with a hosting environment, they should be properly tuning your web and database environment.  There are many factors to consider besides CPU and memory.

Would you recomend any company?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Can i resume this to ask what should be my best option for the OS.

I was thinking in cent os 6.5, but i have more options

Debian 6 Squeeze

Ubuntu 12.04

Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise

Windows 2008 R2 Standard

I will have plesk also.

I know this can be a dumb question, but is always better to pass has dumb then to make mistakes

Hi

Can i resume this to ask what should be my best option for the OS.

I was thinking in cent os 6.5, but i have more options

Debian 6 Squeeze

Ubuntu 12.04

Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise

Windows 2008 R2 Standard

I will have plesk also.

I know this can be a dumb question, but is always better to pass has dumb then to make mistakes

I would recommend Apache and CentOS or any linux based os. 

I guess a main question would be where are you planning on hosting it and how are you going to host it. If you want to use cpanel, you are limited to centos, redhat, and cloud linux. If you do not need cpanel I would suggest ubuntu. To be honest all of the linux distro's are going to give you the same performance. 

I would not recommend using windows though. 

I am asking nspinheiro. Thinking about going to cloud, and read your article aswell DH42, but he might has a different  point of view I would like to hear.

Main issue is lack of support from current provider, but i have performance problems getting worst everyday. Accordantly to the provider, the server is splitted with many other clients and they cannot do nothing about it.

Sometimes it even "feels" that i am being "attacked", so slow that it gets.

I have many (and my clients) the message "resource limits exceded"

Thanks for the answer. May I ask what cloud provider you have/had. At the moment I try dh42's tip and go with cloudways and I am quite impressed with the support, speed and costs. But I am not able to test the site under real load. 

Thanks for the answer. May I ask what cloud provider you have/had. At the moment I try dh42's tip and go with cloudways and I am quite impressed with the support, speed and costs. But I am not able to test the site under real load. 

I am from Portugal and i have a local provider.