Products and customers from 1x to newest

Hello,

I have an old version of prestashop it was 1.3 but tryed to update and result - lot of errors and bugs. But I have a big products database and customers, orders. I need to save it. I have just installed a clean newest prestashop version.

May u give me advice how should I transfer all data? Is mysql structure the same with old version and newest version?

From mysql to xml and import xml with module?

From mysql to mysql? All database or just orders, customers, products, categories?

I would like to have a clean and correct working e - shop without old sh8t. I tryed to check even import example is not the same with my version and newest. 

Thank u !

No,im not looking to migrate. I need only to have my customers, products and categories in new 1.6 prestashop clean shop. How to import all categories with sub - categories? And how to import all products? car2cart help me to do this?

If you are looking to migrate your old store to a newly installed PS version, then I would look at services like cart2cart

No,im not looking to migrate. I need only to have my customers, products and categories in new 1.6 prestashop clean shop. How to import all categories with sub - categories? And how to import all products? car2cart help me to do this?

manual upgrades are very complex even for advanced users, this could not be explained here in the forum

here is link to upgrade guide, including info on 'manual' upgrade

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Updating+PrestaShop

You are looking to migrate actually, since you have installed a fresh copy of PS v1.6 and you want to migrate your existing customers and catalog.  you should find a migration service and ask them your questions about how best to do that.

otherwise you will need to roll up your sleeves and figure out exactly what data needs to be exported from old store, and imported into new store, and how to convert the old data into the new data structure.

As El Patron stated, that is way outside the scope of a forum topic.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Yes, Cart2Cart - an official PrestaShop partner will help you to transfer products database, categories (along with sub-categories), customers, orders and other corresponding information to a new PrestaShop 1.6 shop. All your database will be moved automatically. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Support Team.  

Best Regards,

MagneticOne Team