Hi,

After a barrage of brute force attacks I have decided to use the geolocation option under Preferences to block certain countries however when I go to Preferences > Geolocation and want to review the countries I wish to accept/decline each country appears multiple times.

Algeria - 3 times

Angola - 4 times

United Kingdom - twice etc

Something has obviously gone wrong somewhere - what is best solution to fix?  Reset the table in db?  Which table?  Drop the table and import a fresh table from a test shop? Delete the .dat file?

Using version 1.6.0.5

Many thanks in advance

I can't answer exactly the issue with multiple countries other than to check back office-->localization-->countries for duplicates.

What I want to warn you about, is that under current geo locaction, unresolved IP addresses will not be 'allowed' to shop.  The accurcy of free GeoLiteCity is around 85%, this can result disallowing valid visitors from seeing our shopping on your site, depending on how you configure the behavior in geo location.

My Geo Targeting Module allows you to override the default behavior of 'unresolved' IP addresses by using a selected default country as well as supporting 'black list', in that you can tell the module to block IP's.

Hi, thanks for that info I will look into it but first I'd like to resolve the issue that I seem to have with countries......

You are correct there is an issue in Localization > Countries - they are all duplicated plus there is some rather erroneous information e.g Zimbabwe (appears 3 times) ISO code ZW, Zone = Florida......

How would you/someone/anyone recommend clearing this up?  Resetting a table somewhere?  Or do I just have to work through Localization > Countries one at a time deleting the incorrect ones?

Many thanks in advance.

P.S. While asking if I block most countries does the mobile side still work or do I have to whitelist the providers IP's