Product attributes: Want color select to be master: Then Size select content to be dependant on selected color.

Hi.

ISSUE 1
I'm having some challenges using Group and Attribute related to product.

I want to have two types of groups linked to the product.

1. Group -> Color
2. Group -> Size

Then I want the color group select to be displayed first in the product detail page.
I also would like the size group select to show sizes only defined for a given product color combination.

As it works now, the Size select just show the defined size attributes for the product - color combination, regardless of selected color.
And then if the user select a color, and then a size that is not defined for that color then a text message is displayed above the "Add to cart" button saying that "the product does not exist for selected model ... ".

I find this quite counterintuitive for the user.

Here is what I want:

a)
I want the Color select first, allways.
As it is now the color select sometimes show up before the size select.
Here is what happens:
If I click on Tops in the Categories on the frontend then I see my product listed in the search result for the clicked
category. Now if I click that product in order to see details for the product, then the Color select is sometimes listed before the size select, other times the size select comes first. This is really really weird.

If I click on the same product in the "Displayed products" on the left, then size select is allways displayed before the color select.

HOW DO I FIX THIS?

B)
And when the user first land on this product detail page then I want only sizes defined for this product to show up
in the Size select, thereby preventing the user from selecting a combination that does not exist.

c) It would also be nice to be able to control the order of color and order of sizes as they are displayed in their select lists.

I tried to set "Display unavailable product attributes on product page" to No to see if that would make any change ... but nope... so that setting is probably related to wether the product attrib. combo is in stock or not.

Is the above issues possible to get to work?

ISSUE 2

Same setting as in ISSUE1:
Have a product with different colors and sizes as defined in the Combinations tab for the product.

All combinations have an image attached to it.

When a user land on the product detail page for the first time then all the color image thumbnails are visible below the main image.
This is nice.

But when user starts to do some selections in Color select then ony the thumbnail image related to the color selected is visible.

Is it possible to make it work so all the thumbnail images show up below main image regardless of which Color is selected by the user?
If it is, how do I make this work?

A small update
Color picker:
Is it possible to make it so I can show an actual image take of the product in that color?
Not the whole product but a square with a sample of the color/fabric etc....

That said, to me, PrestaShop must be something close to perfection...
....that is, if the above is possible to accomplish.

Regards

Hi...

Does anybody know why the Color select list sometimes comes before the Size select list then (ref. my first post in this thread).

It does not make any sense that Color select list sometimes are placed above the Size select list, and other times the Size select list is placed above the Color select list.

It is counterintuitive for the shopper.....

Is this a bug?

How can I fix it so Color select list ALLWAYS comes before the Size select list?

And when I select another size in the product detail page on frontend, where does the app. get the stock information related to a specific color-size combination from.... does it fetch all first time a product is displayed, or is it fetched using Ajax?

Regards

No link and no description because is still in beta version. So if you are interested to test it, contact me...

Hi again.

I might be interested.... but not without having read what it is supposed to do.

Please put another post in this thread when you have some more....

Regards

Hi bongo,

I prepared a little description of my module :

I realized a module to improve combinations selections on products. The main goal is to display no more the text "The product does not exist in this model. Please choose another.".
This module is able to :
1. sort attributes groups for show up them classified on front office,
2. display a simple text when unique attribute is possible instead of display it in a select with single choice,
3. when an attribute is selected, others attributes groups are filtrered (using AJAX) with 2 different methods :
a) act on all attributes groups regardless their positions (relative to groups sorted),
B) act in "sequence" way either "step by step" method (belowed attributes are displayed one by one), or all belowed groups attributes are updating.
This module is still in beta version. Please contact me if you want to test it and enhance it.

Okay...

I'm interested in testing it.

How do I get the beta version?
Here is a few feature requests:
For my client I want to do the following:

Two selects: Color and Size (and select for the quantity)

I want to be able to control it so the Color select is ALLWAYS displayed before the Size select.
By some weird reasons, sometime the color select (not the color picker) comes after the size select. In other words, default the order or the selects is not allways consistent (at least for a default install).

Should be possible to control the order of the Color in the Color select, and in the color picker.
Should be possible to control the order of sizes in Size select. And the size select should be dynamically
updated (only show sizes that are defined for the selected color), and when a size is selected then a
quantity select should be updated according to some rules below.

Color: When Color select changes then the content of the Size select should be updated.
And when a different size is selected then the UI should limit the user to select no more than:
If stock=0: None
If stock <= 10: 1 - actual stock (1 - 3) (1 - 8) (1 - 10)
If stock > 10 : (1 - 10)

This require the quantity field to be a select as well.

I would also like it to work if the color picker is enabled... you know, the small clickable colored squares that show up above the selects in product detail page (if enabled).

Would also be very nice if the Sizes could be presented like this:
Two display modes (not at the same time though):

Size display mode 1:
Select:
Content either plain size as specified in backend.
Optionally to add: 0 in stock, 1 in stock (up to 10), or 10+ in stock, after the size... so actual visible content in one
row could be:
M (0 in stock) (eventually possible optional text as specified in the backend. e.g: "Sold out", "Not in stock")
S (4 in stock) (or possible to specify text to show with the quantity... perhaps parameterized so one could specify a text string with the number "1" somewhere, where 1 would be substituted with actual number in stock.
L (10+ in stock) ... for larger amount than a specified limit in the backend. If you have 50 in stock then maybe not all vendors would like to show that amount... could be better to just show 10+ in stock, and maybe lead the visitor to a faster buy.

Size display mode 2:
Radio buttons
XS S M L XL XXL

Better for you to just take a look at this page to see how this display mode could look like:
https://www.stormberg.no/no/Produkter/Herre/Herre/Jakker/Tekniske-jakker/Skag-Jakke/

Regards

Hi bongobongo,

radiobuttons are easily added to color pickers ,or you can use just images as large as you want..
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/31313/P30/modules___development/module_product_attributes_as_radio_buttons_and_checkboxes

do you want an attribute only visable if a selection is choosen first like a chained selection?
Was the combination generator helpful in the ps BO ?
ken

My module does everything you need except :
* sort attribute of a attribute group (so no sort colors in color picker)
* display quantity like a select box (in this case you don't need to not display attribute out of stock and it's maybe repetitive with display quantity next to size)
* display a specific group attribute like radio buttons

About quantity i think the better way is:
* in case of combination is out of stock, display a text "out of stock" instead of display 0 in quantity field
* in case of combination quantity is inferior of general settings (Preferences > Products), display a limited choice of quantity in a select box
* in case of a lot of combination is in stock, let's a text field for quantity

Cordialement,
Joel

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Hello bongo,

I made a module for sort attributes and choose a display and behavior to act on next attributes.

Contact me if you're interested...

Regards,
Joel

hi Joel i´m interesting to test your module, how can i do it?
Thanks
Borja