I can not see install process form

Hello friends :)

After filling the database configuration during installation, the "test your database connection now!" button did not give me any result!

I ignored it, and clicked yes, but there I also could not see the form of installation process :/

any idea?

thank you :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I got exactly the same issue, Installation was done on a Readynas Ultra 6

Installation runs fine, till DB part

• if there is no db installed Presta says it is not available and ask if it should be created automatically -- which timeouts
  • if already created test runs forever without an result but you can go to the next step which then shows the "empty page" 

I got no clue other application have no issue with my mysql setup and install just fine. php memory is set to 128MB. I allready increased the timeouts, would be happy if i can get any hints.

Edit: tried to do the same installation on an ubuntu runing laptop and it worked fine, preconditions are all green on both systems

DB Server / Database is perfectly available from other hosts with credentials used for Prestashop installation

Edited by cheppetto (see edit history)

Thank you friends for sharing ideas :)

I detected the reason, some JavaScript and CSS files are not loaded (those files inside the "jquery chosen folder"), the server response for them was error 406 (Not Acceptable) and this is why I could not test database connection or even run the installation form.

Thank you again

Feras Jobeir :)

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem. The installing step "Test my database connection now" is not functioning and clicking "next" button going to blank next page but doing nothing as friends told above.

I am trying to install Prestashop 1.6.0.9 and I am using Bluehost - VPS

- Uploading zip file to host via Filezilla and extracting into public_html via cpanel file manager > No success

- Extract them in my pc and upload the extracted files to host and installing > No success

- Change "mode_dev = true" > No error messages

"I'm entering all my database infos (which are 100% correct) and clicking "Test my database connection now" button. Not working. When i click the button it's doing nothing."

Note: In Cpanel error log, the following errors might be related with the problem. I dont know.

[Fri Oct 17 16:50:10 2014] [error] [client 85.101.47.215] Options FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that RewriteRule directive is forbidden: /home/.../public_html/js/jquery/plugins/jquery.chosen.js, referer: http://www.....com/i...p?step=database
        [Fri Oct 17 16:50:10 2014] [error] [client 85.101.47.215] File does not exist: /home/.../public_html/403.shtml, referer:http://www......com/...p?step=database
        [Fri Oct 17 16:50:10 2014] [error] [client 85.101.47.215] Options FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that RewriteRule directive is forbidden: /home/.../public_html/js/jquery/jquery-1.11.0.min.js, referer: http://www......com/...p?step=database