host godaddy: - problem = Recursive write permissions for Apache user on ~/cache/

i am trying to install on godaddy hosting.

encountered-  Recursive write permissions for Apache user on ~/cache/

i tried to change permission for folders and files under public_html/cache to 777 also no use.

appreciate anyone help and advise what i need to do.

do i have to change permission to 777 from public_html level or root level?

thanks.

Edited by ALEXUSIAM (see edit history)

@ALEXUSIAM,

I am with GoDaddy and came across your post.

Have you been able to get Prestashop installed? If not you should update the permissions from the public_html level. If this still does not work feel free to send me a private message with additional information about your site and I'll be happy to look into this further for you.

Please stick to a single topic per thread.

Recursive permissions: 755 should be enough (but 777 is okay if not), if you apply recursively with an ftp client it's going to take ages, better would be to have them do it for you via ssh. Do you have access to ssh yourself? You can also do it from the root but make sure you chown to the right user afterwards

• 1 month later...

@ALEXUSIAM,

I am with GoDaddy and came across your post.

Have you been able to get Prestashop installed? If not you should update the permissions from the public_html level. If this still does not work feel free to send me a private message with additional information about your site and I'll be happy to look into this further for you.

Hello I have the same problem. my domain is 2bissu.com

@ricardojtb

Thanks for your message, as @Vekia stated have you updated the permissions?

If so and you are still having this issue feel free to follow up with me via private message. Please provide additional details about the error and your site and I will be happy to look into this further for you.

• Like 1

@ricardojtb

Thanks for your message, as @Vekia stated have you updated the permissions?

If so and you are still having this issue feel free to follow up with me via private message. Please provide additional details about the error and your site and I will be happy to look into this further for you.

thanks ken@godaddy for monitoring forum, it's comforting.

we see this issue pop up and it's difficult for most shop owners to deal with permissions//ownership even with advice from here.

after resolution please post solution here for others, thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, same problem here.

I called to godaddy and they told me that they enabled the mod_security and that's why the server doesn't accept more than 7 AJAX calls.

They wanted to sell me a dedicated server, but I didn't accepted, they have change their services, and they told me that I can obtain a refund of the money.

The call duration was about 1 hour.

Ah! the response of the technical service, was..." please change the theme of your backoffice" wtf... the backoffice theme is the only that exists....

Regards

• 1 month later...

The problem could be the app pool user needs privileges on the that folder. You have to go under file manager in Plesk console. Go to the root and then on the right panel click the option to change permission on your store root folder. That's where you'll see the account that needs admin rights.