No traffic SOLVED

liadora

1. obtain ccTLD url's of the countries you do business in (for example .es for Spain)

2. using native MultiShop, create new store, sharing everything with main store using the new domain name (for example .es)

you are now competing with all .com's for product placement...but if you use this ccTLD, searchers using for example google.es will have better change of seeing your products.

suerte!

Two months is still a very new site. Creating a sitemap and submitting it to Google will help. Google needs to crawl your site. Check out this site: http://www.clickminded.com/seo-checklist/

SEO is a never ending task and it's always changing. I'd recommend doing it all yourself rather than depending on a module. If you need help with one, search google and prestashop, most likely it's been discussed here.

The best link-building strategy is to write informative and valuable articles for your website and post them on other website as guest posting or in different articles directories. You says that their is no traffic on your website but also notice this that you have to let people know about your website through different channels then traffic will increase on your website.

That used to be the case. But there was some talk earlier in the year that Google has changed its view/policy on the matter.

It seems that today, the best SEO is to simply create spectacular and useful content on your site. Leveraging that content is of course another matter. Building backlinks looks like it's still an effective method but I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket. My opinion and that's of course all it is, my opinion, is that it's only a matter of time, before Google slams down on backlinks. The main usage for backlinks today is to "game" Google and if/when Google comes up with an algorithm for better sorting between organic backlinks and backlinks created for SEO purposes only, a lot of sites will be screwed royally.

Other and, in my opinion, more future proof ways to leverage your content is to keep an relevant and persistent pressence on social media, have your products reviewed online (blogs, magazines and so on), and of course using paid advertising. It goes for all instances that you have to be extremely critical and quality oriented when you segment the traffic you're driving to your site.

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions. I really appreciate your generosity.

I am indexed in Google, but not ranked, so I am working on getting backlinks. I also want to start with paid advertising, but I don't know if I should wait until I improve my backlinks.

Regarding social media, I am focusing on Tumblr and Pinterest. I have a facebook business page, but I am not willing to pay every single time that I post something.

I own both domains .es and .com, but they point to .com. I am considering switching to .es (my only concern was that I didn't want to limit to the Spanish market.)

1. obtain ccTLD url's of the countries you do business in (for example .es for Spain)

2. using native MultiShop, create new store, sharing everything with main store using the new domain name (for example .es)

you are now competing with all .com's for product placement...but if you use this ccTLD, searchers using for example google.es will have better change of seeing your products.

suerte!

maybe you do not actually understand the power of 'by country' geo localization.

day to day SEO is boring!!!

being able to multiplex 'same content' without duplicate penalty is the most significant thing a content owner can do.  And PrestaShop supports it.

so maybe you should do a little 'googling' of what others have accomplished rather than focusing on the same old thing...

back linking...jajajaja...that is why we require spam filters...and if you think search engines can not tell the different between a quality link and a mgf'ed link...you would be mistaken.

My socks are made from an assortment of SEO experts skin.

Ok, so according to you I shouldn't worry about trying a back link strategy and I should use a multisite? can you please give me an example of it? my main market is Spain, but in the future I would like to target the rest of Europe.

Then, what do you think about the need of building quality back links? 

Ok, so according to you I shouldn't worry about trying a back link strategy and I should use a multisite? can you please give me an example of it? my main market is Spain, but in the future I would like to target the rest of Europe.

Then, what do you think about the need of building quality back links? 

I don't think that's what El Patron meant. The point is that Google are constantly getting better at sorting between quality (organically created) backlinks and crap created for SEO only. As I wrote, lately Google has been looking at the "Guest Blogging" phenomena and it looks like its' days are numbered. But that doesn't mean an end to all types of backlink strategies. For instance, working towards getting journalists to write about your stuff and linking to your site is also a backlink strategy. Difference is that when a journalist writes about your stuff there's usually good reason to believe that she does so in order to create something of worth to her readers. With guest blogging this is almost never the case. Most times the only motivation behind a guest blog post is a simple trade. You give me something ("free" content for my site, money, a link or whatever) and I give you a link. For obvious reasons this has a tendency to content of little to no use to the reader. And Google knows this  :)

Also, you should try to avoid paying for likes or "shares" on facebook and it doesn't matter if you use facebooks official advertising or the grey market providers. Either way you wind up with really low quality traffic and you run the risk of wasting your money on worthless likes from "like-farms" (even with facebooks own advertising options!). facebooks advertising platform is great for segmenting your market and deploying your ads with laser point accuracy. If you want quality likes on your facebook page the best strategy is simply to start by inviting your friends to like the page and then build on it from there, by creating awesome and relevant content for your page. It's slow and tedious work but in the end it really pays off, because the reach in a group of engaged users is many times greater than in a group of unengaged users. On facebook, quality beats quantity every time, for small businesses at least.

In other words, build it and they will come  :)  Obviously you shouldn't neglect some of the classic linkbuilding strategies all together. But you really have to put in the work and simply build something worthy of being shared, linked to and mentioned by you existing and potential customers.