[Job Offer] [Closed] Add To Existing Order Ps1.5.6.2

nikmagnus

This job has been sucessfully completed.

-----

We sell our products by pre-order from April with shipping in July. Many customers want to add to their existing order.

We require a developer to achieve this for our shop PS1.5.6.2

We use the standard 5-step shopping cart.

The outcome must allow the customer to choose add to my existing order if one exists and offer a drop down order ID to choose. The module must calculate the total of the combined orders with the shipping charge (does go free above a certain threshold) and subtract the amount already paid, charging the difference. Only orders that haven't been marked "shipped" or "preparation in progress" should be offered in the drop down list to add to. These orders need to be marked somehow e.g. by carrier name so that they can be combined after the order is placed.

I expect the easiest way is to create a new order with the reduced shipping cost and then combine the new order with the old order, re-assigning the order ID of the new order items to the previous (selected) order ID. Along with order messages, transactions and discounts etc related to the new order.

The modifications should use overrides rather than core modification, a module and I expect a cronjob which will handle combining any orders that have been marked as needing to be combined.

We are ready to implement this feature to our shop.

www.woodbridgefruittrees.com.au

Anyone applying the job please provide some evidence of previous development and skills in this area. Payment for work will include thorough testing and troubleshooting.

Cheers, nik

Edited by nikmagnus (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there dungeon crawler,

I have this module working successfully on our prestashop site. It was quite an effort to develop it in conjunction with a dev in India.

But yes it's working quite well. Unfortunately it's not a stand alone module, rather quite a bit of custom code.....

Cheers, Nik