SUDDEN Slow Back Office

I am version 1.5.3.1.  Suddenly our site is incredibly slow in the back office.  We  have checked and double checked virus's/settings on the cPanel on the new Vps server we upgraded to a couple of months ago.  But everything drags severely all of the sudden.  PLEASE HELP!

Thank you!

Edited by ABI International (see edit history)

I'm sorry for my ignorance, I don't do my programming. I'm relaying all of this to my friend who does. When you say "the file"...where is that obtained...in the code or something I get from the back office? I am so grateful for your knowledge. Thank you again!

using FTP program you will need to find the following file, contained in folder config

config/defines.inc.php

change this line in defines.inc.php from false to true

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', true);

then when you visit the back office (front office as well) you will get detailed report of what ps is doing, including timings...

note: it may be simpler to post in 'job offers' to get one of the ps experts to trouble shoot this issue for you.

Hello

I am not sure which PS version you are using but if you go to:

public_html/Your Shop/config/defines.inc.php

and look for this around line 45 and change false to true

{
@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');
define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);
/* Compatibility warning */
define('_PS_DISPLAY_COMPATIBILITY_WARNING_', false);
}

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false);    (Change false to true and the save)
define('_PS_MODE_DEMO_', false);

$currentDir = dirname(__FILE__);

if (!defined('PHP_VERSION_ID'))
{
    $version = explode('.', PHP_VERSION);

Then go to your back office and refresh the page and you should see at the bottom a lot of information about how your site is working.

See screenshot:

Hand on heart I do not have a clue what it means but I know El Patron does

Hope this helps a little

Paul

Yes, with Go Daddy.  I called them first when this occurred and they told me that it was not their issue, that it was Prestashop.   :wacko:  Right at this moment however, the back office seems to be back to where it was and appears to be at a good speed.  I deleted a few modules...could that have been an issue? 

I would personally think it is something that will come and go as internal network congestion and internal server load will vary constantly. I would suggest getting off of them and moving to a host that uses a database that is located on the same machine. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...