1-click upgrade fails on 1.5.3.1

Hi all,

I have a live charity shop running 1.5.3.1 and I created a new shop running the latest 1.6 version and like it. I tried to install the 1-click upgrade but it said that it was the wrong version, then I saw the option under 'Advanced Parameters' but when I ran it it failed after it downloaded the upgrade stating that it timed out (not really sure what on).

I did look at the pinned upgrade page but didn't make a great deal of sense to me.

Can anybody offer me advise? I have copied my live shop to a sub domain and made a 2nd database so that I can fully test it before I do it on the live server.

Thanks everybody for you help, really hope you can!

Alan

Hi all,

I have a live charity shop running 1.5.3.1 and I created a new shop running the latest 1.6 version and like it. I tried to install the 1-click upgrade but it said that it was the wrong version, then I saw the option under 'Advanced Parameters' but when I ran it it failed after it downloaded the upgrade stating that it timed out (not really sure what on).

I did look at the pinned upgrade page but didn't make a great deal of sense to me.

Can anybody offer me advise? I have copied my live shop to a sub domain and made a 2nd database so that I can fully test it before I do it on the live server.

Thanks everybody for you help, really hope you can!

Alan

Hi Alan,

It's a great thing that you backed up your site.

How about manual upgrade, as the one click failed?

• 2 weeks later...

*** Update ***

I thought I would try it again. So I took a backup of database and files, created a 'test.' sub domain and restored my files then pointed it to the new database. I ran the 1-Click Upgrade and the bellow was reported:

"

Analyzing the situation ...Shop deactivated. Now downloading (this can takes some times )...

Download complete. Now extracting

[Ajax / Server Error for action unzip] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Bad Gateway " jqXHR: "

502 Bad Gateway

The gateway received an invalid HTTP response or unexpected disconnect from the original server"

"

I have tried this at two different locations using two different computers so can't see it is an issue with my laptop or internet connection.

Anybody any ideas? Please help as need to get to the latest version.

Thanks

Alan

*** Update ***

I thought I would try it again. So I took a backup of database and files, created a 'test.' sub domain and restored my files then pointed it to the new database. I ran the 1-Click Upgrade and the bellow was reported:

"

Analyzing the situation ...Shop deactivated. Now downloading (this can takes some times )...

Download complete. Now extracting

[Ajax / Server Error for action unzip] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Bad Gateway " jqXHR: "

502 Bad Gateway

The gateway received an invalid HTTP response or unexpected disconnect from the original server"

"

I have tried this at two different locations using two different computers so can't see it is an issue with my laptop or internet connection.

Anybody any ideas? Please help as need to get to the latest version.

Thanks

Alan

I'm not sure but this might be a permission problem, go ahead and double check the permissions on the one click folder and the download folder within that folder. I had trouble with 1click aswel but my hoster installed mod_ruid2 on the vps and i must say that problems related to permissions are now rare.