Build new Shop

Hi, i want to upgrade my store but since it have some issues with new template, i will build a new one from zero and add the product.

Is there any way to maintain my prestashop 1.5 shop online on my actual adress and start to build other prestashop 1.6 and when finish put on the adress of actual prestashop 1.5? Thanks

My site is example.com, then i create a subdomain on test.example.com and install 1.6 there and create some products, after that i delete the content of example.com and upload the content from teste.example.com to example.com but when i go to example.com, it redirects to teste.example.com

Because i cant upgrade my shop from 1.5 to 1.6 because useless 1 click upgrade from prestashop (Too many errors on new theme) i have 2 options:

Scenario 1 - I delete the content and database on server of my "example.com" site and install there a new site and start to add the products one by one as soon as i can.

Scenario 2 - I build a new shop on a subdomain like "test.example.com" and after i add the 500 products i have i delete the content and database on server of my "example.com" and move the folders of "test.example.com" to "example.com" and then change the url on back office

Is this the same thing? Because if is the same thing i prefer to use the scenario 2 because allow me prepare the site and only when its ready i could move them to my online domain "example.com". Thanks

Edited by b22c (see edit history)