restore help needed after failed upgrade

Please help!

I upgraded using the auto upgrade module. I first backed everything up manually using filezilla.

In the new shop, 80% of the product pictures and descriptions are missing. There's a spot for them, just a question mark instead of the picture and the price shows below. In the back office, everything for the product is there except the name and description.

I rolled back (using the auto upgrade module), and now it's the same on the old site.

I'm unsure how to restore the files that I backed up using filezilla. I'm somewhat of a newbie so "tech talk" is difficult for me to understand.

Would someone be kind enough to give me step by step restore instructions? I would really really appreciate it.

You also backed up the database manually, didn't you?

If so, erase all files from the server, re-upload your backup ones, then erase the database and re-import the backup one :) That way things will be reverted to how they were previously ;)

• 2 years later...
Guest locen

Hi, 

i upgrade prestashop from 1.6.1.3. to 1.6.1.4 because in 1.6.1.3 i have a lot javascript errors.

now is still upgrade since 1 hour and i see this: 

5008 files left to upgrade.

and this in errors:
zip->extractTo(): unable to use /home/deltapen/public_html/admin8348fot3s/autoupgrade/latest as extract destination.
File Adapter.zip (size: 3485505431) has been skipped during backup.
File prestashop_1.6.1.3.zip (size: 21439971) has been skipped during backup.
File tools/geoip/GeoLiteCity.dat (size: 19163563) has been skipped during backup.
Error while copying file /cache/smarty/compile/index.php
Error when trying to upgrade file /cache/smarty/compile/index.php.

how much time it will takes?