After upgrade to 1.6 all original image is missing or empty!

Hi All!

I have just upgraded from 1.5.4.1 to 1.6.

I have cleared cache several times but my shop is not showing. All you can see is logo and back office.

When I try to re-generate images under preference tab I get next error:

6066 errors 

1. Original image is missing or empty (/public_html/img/p/4/3/5/435.jpg) for product ID 84
  2. ...

Can someone please help me? It would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem.

Originally was version 1.4, updated to 1.5. now I want to move to 1.6, do Export imaging products and have error: Original image is missing or empty (C: xampphtdocsikeabrest-plus/img/p/1/6/6/166.jpg)

in the old version in the folder IMG no subfolders 1/2/3, images in the folder(img/p) as 11626-24126-thickbox_default.jpg.

Help plz!

5068803.jpg

Folder 1 is empty.

Edited by [email protected] (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I also have this problem after upgrading to 1.6 from 1.4.11. All of my Home Page product images have become question marks. Have tried regenerating under preferences > images but get "images missing" error messages for all images. I tried adding pics manually to the products. The thumbnails show up under the main picture area of the product but the main pic is again a question mark. Any advice appreciated. Thanks. 

http://leadersedge.co.za/test/

As a general guideline, it would be better to check if you are using the legacy filesystem, move images to the new one before upgrading, and then upgrading. Can you check if you have it selected in preferences,images?

• Like 1

As a general guideline, it would be better to check if you are using the legacy filesystem, move images to the new one before upgrading, and then upgrading. Can you check if you have it selected in preferences,images?

hi @Nemo1

I do auto upgrade.. 
you says:
"it would be better to check if you are using the legacy filesystem, 
move images to the new one before upgrading, and then upgrading. "

I do not understand. Can you explain?

thanks!

So legacy filesystem is enabled? Try moving images using the 'move images' option ,then disable it and try regenerating. If you don't have the move images options, just disable legacy filesystem and try regenerating

• Like 1

So legacy filesystem is enabled? Try moving images using the 'move images' option ,then disable it and try regenerating. If you don't have the move images options, just disable legacy filesystem and try regenerating

Hello @Nemo1

Thank you, your reply. 

I done:

•  'move images' => click and okay
  •  'legacy filesystem' => no, okay
  •   replace image files (img/p folder)
  •   and (step step).. 'Regenerate thumbnails'.. (sample: selected 'product' and 'home' vs)

But.. 

my v: 1.4.8

I have products: +4000

Is it true?

In addition, a multi-product picture: does not appear. :(

Thanks!

Multi-product picture: do you mean product combinations?

Erase: yes, otherwise it will only add new ones if it thinks previous exist

@Nemo1

I done. Selected => product and home. (and, "Erase previous images: yes")

system waiting.. waiting.. and so:

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(): gd-jpeg, libjpeg: recoverable error: Premature end of JPEG file in /var/www/vhosts/mydom.com/httpdocs/myfolder/images.inc.php on line 305 Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(): '/var/www/vhosts/mydom.com/httpdocs/myfolder/img/p/3/8/5/5/3855.jpg' is not a valid JPEG file in /var/www/vhosts/mydom.com/httpdocs/myfolder/images.inc.php on line 305 Warning: imagecopyresampled() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/vhosts/mydom.com/httpdocs/myfolder/images.inc.php on line 253

pictures of the products, still do not. :(

what I do? :/

Multi-product picture: do you mean product combinations?

Erase: yes, otherwise it will only add new ones if it thinks previous exist

I done again: "regenerate thumb". (selected: product and home. "Erase previous images: yes" )

and again, error.. :(

Cannot write no-picture image to (products) images folder. Please check the folder's writing permissions.

• Like 1

Could you check what permission that folder has? Looks like it has no write permission and therefore fails.

before 0755, I've changed.: 0777

myfolder = 0777

img         = 0777

p             = 0777

3             = 0777

5 & other = 0755

Is it true?

Did you select image type: PNG before? try with that

User JPEG 
  Use only if the base image is in PNG PNG format 
  Use PNG for all images 

I've tried them all.

system: waiting.. waiting.. (4-5 min..)
and error!

Notice: imagecreatefromjpeg(): gd-jpeg, libjpeg: recoverable error: Premature end of JPEG file in /var/www/vhosts/mydom.com/httpdocs/myfolder/images.inc.php on line

return imagecreatefromjpeg($filename);
close.pngerror2.pngCannot write no-picture image to (products) images folder. Please check the folder's writing permissions.

Hi,

I am guessing you need to upgrade your php version as the error you are getting is related to a certain php version and the gd library. Alternatively you can suppress the error like this:

ini_set(‘gd.jpeg_ignore_warning’, 1);

Al

Hi,

I am guessing you need to upgrade your php version as the error you are getting is related to a certain php version and the gd library. Alternatively you can suppress the error like this:

Al

yes, I add:

config and plesk panel (php settings)..

and

gd.jpeg_ignore_warning = 1 (plesk)

(current server) Php info:

V: 5.3.3

GD:

GD Support enabled GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible) FreeType Support enabled FreeType Linkage with freetype FreeType Version 2.2.1 GIF Read Support enabled GIF Create Support enabled JPEG Support enabled libJPEG Version 6b PNG Support enabled libPNG Version 1.2.10 WBMP Support enabled XPM Support enabled XBM Support enabled

I'm carrying another server. 
And I'll do the process all over again.

(new server) Php info:

GD:

GD Support enabled GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible) FreeType Support enabled FreeType Linkage with freetype FreeType Version 2.2.1 GIF Read Support enabled GIF Create Support enabled JPEG Support enabled libJPEG Version 6b PNG Support enabled libPNG Version 1.2.10 WBMP Support enabled XPM Support enabled XBM Support enabled

(current server) Php info:

GD:

GD Support enabled

GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

FreeType Support enabled

FreeType Linkage with freetype

FreeType Version 2.2.1

GIF Read Support enabled

GIF Create Support enabled

JPEG Support enabled

libJPEG Version 6b

PNG Support enabled

libPNG Version 1.2.10

WBMP Support enabled

XPM Support enabled

XBM Support enabled

I'm carrying another server. 
And I'll do the process all over again.

(new server) Php info:

GD:

GD Support enabled

GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

FreeType Support enabled

FreeType Linkage with freetype

FreeType Version 2.2.1

GIF Read Support enabled

GIF Create Support enabled

JPEG Support enabled

libJPEG Version 6b

PNG Support enabled

libPNG Version 1.2.10

WBMP Support enabled

XPM Support enabled

XBM Support enabled

gd.jpeg_ignore_warning = 1

Edited by selin (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I stumbled across a partial solution.  

I noticed while in chrome inspect element that the path on my home page promoted products was to an image ending in "...home_default.jpg", the image listing name in the back office only showed "home" and the correct corresponding image was listed in the file folder as "home".  So the path was not matching up.  I took a shot and edited the name to "home_default" in the back office and all the images (products) using the "home_default" path are now showing up.  Still working on some other images that are not showing, but this is progress.  It seems that somehow in the translation/upgrade from 1.4.X this change is buggy and not configuring correctly.  I would note the bug to prestashop staff for the upgrade fix, but not sure how to do that or how to read that stuff anyway.

As for the lost images.  I am doing this on a test wamp server before upgrading my live shop as recommended and got sick of loosing the images like everyone else and so I made a copy of the img folder after the upgrade to have on hand.  I had legacy on (dont know if it makes a difference or not) but when I tried to regenerate, it deleted all the images, even though I had it set to not delete.  I then deleted the img file that lost the images and replaced it by reinserting a copy of the img folder from my copy.  This replaced all the files.  Then I turned off legacy, was then able to regenerate successfully, and then I also used the move images option.  This at first did not complete the solve, but that's when I noticed the path difference and made the change to "home_default" in the back office and got those images working.

For me now, product images appear to be working, but no other images (category related images, logo's, etc)

Will try to remember to update this if I get the others going, but wanted to get this help posted because it seems to be one of the number one upgrade problems to 1.6.X.  

I have only gone to try 1.6.X after repeated attempts to get 1.5.X to work from 1.4.4.1 with no success and little help follow through.

I do like the template for 1.6.X ... a definite, get with the times and modern layout effort from prestashop.  Like it or not, most of my industry sites are way ahead of 1.4.X and 1.5.X default template style and more comparable to 1.6.  Its what customers and many retail industries are heading towards. 

Update...

I went searching around my test shop on wamp looking for any missing images, including those with question marks, did an inspect element just to make sure on the patch and did the same for other image types in the back office adding "_default" for small, medium, large and category, each time with the same successful outcomes.  

Could not figure out the logo, the path loading was not going far enough to identify an image.  It stopped at ".../img".  I could see the logo and related images in the img file folder though, so I had to just go into preferences/themes to get to the area to upload the logo and browsed to the img folder in my public html file system selected the logo image that was already there and the path was updated to the correct one and I got my logo back.

PS...I recommend that as you are updating a test and have success, you make a personal log of each successful step you take to make things work.  Then you will have your log to step through when updating your live site.

I will post more as I find works for me.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem.

Originally was version 1.4, updated to 1.5. now I want to move to 1.6, do Export imaging products and have error: Original image is missing or empty (C: xampphtdocsikeabrest-plus/img/p/1/6/6/166.jpg)

in the old version in the folder IMG no subfolders 1/2/3, images in the folder(img/p) as 11626-24126-thickbox_default.jpg.

I have the same problem, too!

I observe that missing bars in the path (see bold in quote)

xampphtdocs must be /xamp/phtdocs/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After 6 hours, I finally got it to work.   I upgraded from 1.4 to 1.6.  

Go to Preferences-Images

Move all the files to the new system.  

Go to image names.  (Small, Medium, Large etc.)  Rename them, add a _default to the end.    (ex. small_default, Medium-default...)

Regenerate the images.   

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Edited by pb4sc (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I can see images on backoffice and also in frontoffice. 

just can,t regenerate image size.

When I watch that error folder with ftp connection. There isn't sucks folder even.  "Original image is missing or empty (/home/u711632949/public_html/img/p/4/9/5/495.jpg) for product ID 166"

I use Stockmanager modul to transfer products to my shop.

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody

I've found a solution to restore "move_image" in prestashop 1.6 on the forum.

find the AdminImageController.php in /your_website/controllers/admin folder, then change:

this->display_move = false;

to

this->display_move = true;

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

No, it is the change in image system. Upgrade that on the Image settings page of 1.5 first, then upgrade to 1.6 or shit version 1.7.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Site url http://quesoslarra.testme.es/
We upgraded prestashop 1.5.0.17 to 1.6.1.24. After updrade complete product images are not available.

I tried regenerate images but showing this error

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/3/7/37.jpg) for Product ID 19

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/4/0/40.jpg) for Product ID 8

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/4/2/42.jpg) for Product ID 13

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/4/4/44.jpg) for Product ID 16

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/4/5/45.jpg) for Product ID 17

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/4/7/47.jpg) for Product ID 15

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/4/8/48.jpg) for Product ID 21

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/4/9/49.jpg) for Product ID 23

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/5/0/50.jpg) for Product ID 22

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/5/5/55.jpg) for Product ID 25

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/5/6/56.jpg) for Product ID 25

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/5/7/57.jpg) for Product ID 26

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/5/9/59.jpg) for Product ID 20

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/6/0/60.jpg) for Product ID 10

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/6/2/62.jpg) for Product ID 11

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/6/3/63.jpg) for Product ID 12

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/6/4/64.jpg) for Product ID 14

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/6/5/65.jpg) for Product ID 18

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/6/7/67.jpg) for Product ID 27

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/6/8/68.jpg) for Product ID 17

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/6/9/69.jpg) for Product ID 28

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/7/0/70.jpg) for Product ID 18

Original image cannot be found or is empty (/home/quesoslarr/domains/quesoslarra.testme.es/public_html/img/p/7/1/71.jpg) for Product ID 29

I check /img/p there is no sub folders i can see.
i done $this->display_move = true; and clicked move images after this when click on regenerate image gives the above error.

and also tried the update settings.inc.php
changed date to define('_PS_CREATION_DATE_', '2011-09-11');
and define('_PS_BASE_URI_', '/root_folder/');