How do I install product comments module?

Hello,

I always get this message:

The following module(s) were not installed properly:

• - productcomments :

It didn't work since v1.5 of prestashop and recently I wanted to install it again but even with v2.9 productcomments it still does not work...

Thank you for any hints. 

Hello,

I always get this message:

• - productcomments :

It didn't work since v1.5 of prestashop and recently I wanted to install it again but even with v2.9 productcomments it still does not work...

Thank you for any hints. 

Have you tried replacing the module with the updated version via FTP?

btw: Yotpo is a great free module, highly recommended, the link is in El Patron's previous post. 

I can confirm the same thing... Im using 1.5.4.1 and free, native PS comments module.

After I updated it to version 2.9 it is not working anymore. 

I tried to reset it but now I'm seeing the same error.

I would probably migrate to YoTpo but untill then can you tell me where I can download the older version of the module, so version prior to 2.9?

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Same problem for me too right after module update. I uninstall it and deleted it from the backoffice. Then i uploaded via ftp the productcomments folder from the original 1.5.4.1 version of prestashop but i still cannot install it.

Same problem for me too right after module update. I uninstall it and deleted it from the backoffice. Then i uploaded via ftp the productcomments folder from the original 1.5.4.1 version of prestashop but i still cannot install it.

you should find product comments from 1.5.4.1 install and either ftp up or better to load from back office...

and if it says 'upgarde' available...doesn't mean it's for your 1.5 shop version...sucks I know...

• Like 1

Thank you both for your replies,

I downloaded  prestashop 1.5.4.1 for prestashop.com, then i used filezilla and i uploaded the unzipped folder productcomments in to ...root\modules\.

i also tried and the secondary method - I zipped the folder and i uploaded it via backoffice-->modules-->add a new module

In both cases using backoffice i tried to install it but i get an error

• - productcomments :

By the way in backoffice module's list it is reffered as module version 5.3, (is it 5.3?)

• 1 month later...