Bitnami Install - Can't Access due to local IP Address Change

I had a local install of Prestashop via the latest Bitnami stack and it was working great.  However, after not being on the computer for a few days, after trying to access it nothing comes up. The browser simply says:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.2.2

I used ipconfig to confirm that my new local IP assigned by my router is 192.168.2.7.  I am assuming it changed as a result of dynamic address assignment in the local router.  

Can someone please help me understand how to change the setting in the Bitnami stack so that I don't have reinstall.  The last time this happened, I had to start with a fresh install.

Thanks!

Benjamin,

In looking at the old access point more closely, the link to access the admin panel was set to 192.168.2.2/prestashop/administration.  When I directly type the same address in substituting my current IP I was able to get access to the admin panel and was then prompted to update my URL which I did.  However, when I went back and checked the original Bitnami link it is still static at 192.168.2.2.  It would be great to know how to set this so that it is dynamic.  This seems like it should be the standard setup.

Update:  Even though I can access the backstore, the frontstore is now defunct.  My new product images are missing and when I click on them I come to the following message:

This page is not available

We're sorry, but the Web address you've entered is no longer available.

To find a product, please type its name in the field below.

Still dead in the water at this point in time.

Update:  

I also started a dialogue on the BitNami forum and have a conversation going with Carlos Corrales at Bitrock to try and resolve the issue.  So far, these things haven't worked:

1) Cleared browser cache and cookies

2) Restarted services on PHP an SQL servers

Problem still exists.  I will post the outcome here as well so that folks can benefit from the solution if they are also experiencing the same issue.

Update:  

I also started a dialogue on the BitNami forum and have a conversation going with Carlos Corrales at Bitrock to try and resolve the issue.  So far, these things haven't worked:

1) Cleared browser cache and cookies

2) Restarted services on PHP an SQL servers

Problem still exists.  I will post the outcome here as well so that folks can benefit from the solution if they are also experiencing the same issue

I have no updates but thank you for keeping us posted on the results. BitNami is getting pretty big and it would be nice to get some troubleshooting tips.

we appreciate the community support.

Cheers,

Hi,

I'm Beltran from the Bitnami project. You have different ways to change the IP of your installation:

- Bitnami installer asks for an IP or a domain name of your machine. If you want to develop locally in your machine you can use 127.0.0.1 or localhost but you will not able to access from other machines in your network.

- Once you have installed PrestaShop in your machine, you can run the graphical "manager" tool to change the IP address. Go to your installation directory and double-click in the "manager-windows.exe" "manager-osx" or "manager-linux.run". If you have installed the stack as root user you should run this tool with root privileges. This manager tool has an Advanced tab where you can change the IP address of your installation.

Screenshot at http://pbrd.co/19SKgSa

- You can also run the "bnconfig" ("updateip" previouly) to change the IP too:

$ cd your_installdir

$ apps/prestashop/bnconfig --base_directory your_installdir --machine_hostname 192.168.1.X

I hope it helps.

Beltran,

Thanks for the advice.  I have tried both of the options you provided and neither one worked.  Here is a detailed explanation:

1) I accessed  "manager-windows.exe" file, however, the advanced tab that you mention and that is shown in the picture is not present.  I confirmed that I am logged in as the Administrator on the computer.  I have never seen this tab appear.  I'm not sure how to make it happen.  Just to double confirm everything, I also right clicked the file and ran the program as administrator just to make sure.  Unfortunately, there was still no "Advanced Tab".

2) I went to the bnconfig executable file (located in C:\BitNami\prestashop-1.5.6.1-1\apps\prestashop) but it will not launch.  It is giving an error that says:  "There has been an error.  Error reading INI file/opt/bitnami/properties.ini."

I really appreciate your help  Perhaps it is something simple that I am overlooking at this point.  Any thoughts on why the Advanced tab is not showing up even though my user account is and always has been as an Admin on this machine?

Thanks,
Gabe

Hi Gabe,

I will check what could be the issue with the Advanced tab. If you are on Windows, try to run the following command from the command prompt as Administrator user:

> cd C:\BitNami\prestashop-1.5.6.1-1\apps\prestashop

> bnconfig.exe --base_directory C:\BitNami\prestashop-1.5.6.1-1\apps\prestashop --machine_hostname 127.0.0.1

I hope it helps.

Beltran,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am on Windows 7.  I get the same error even when accessing the bnconfig.exe application through the command shell via the instructions you provided. 

As an FYI, something I didn't mention before, every time I launch either the Bitrock stack or bnconfig I get a user account control dialogue that comes up asking me if I want to allow this program to make changes to the computer.  This is part of my default security settings on the machine.  After I click yes the programs run okay with the exception of bnconfig.exe which has the error already noted. 

Thanks,

Gabe

It is strange, I can change it via command line in my Windows 7. If you did not customize PrestaShop yet, I would suggest to reinstall it and use 127.0.0.1.

You can also change the IP address manually using phpMyAdmin application. Go to the "bitnami_prestashop" database and then to the "ps_shop_url" table and edit the "domain" and "domain_ssl" entries.

Also it is necessary to update the IP address in the "installdir/apps/prestashop/conf/htaccess.conf" file.

I hope it helps.