[SOLVED] Problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller

Hi All,

I have a new fresh install of 1.5.6.1 and am getting the following error when checking out with my first test purchase:

"We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com."

This error comes in on the PayPal side of things I guess: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=wU6KokAeYBqeRFzO4NZsyL54jRYUPOGJnVO6tZ7tBCgGRqsq1apnEgAhHDm&dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9b61f737ba21b081986471f9b93cfa01e00b63629be0164db1

My PayPal account is in fine working order. I have reset my PayPal API credentials and I still get the same error. The PyPal module version in my shop is 1.2.7

My site is at http://www.rightrock.com/cruisestore

Screenshots are attached

Anyone else running into this?

post-29690-0-25131500-1388166089_thumb.jpg

post-29690-0-29673100-1388166102_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I figured it out. In the PP module config, down in the API settings box where it asks for PayPal Business Account: it needs to be the verified email address in your account, not your business name. Maybe this could be updated to say email so others don't get confused, or maybe it was just me!

• Like 3

I figured it out. In the PP module config, down in the API settings box where it asks for PayPal Business Account: it needs to be the verified email address in your account, not your business name. Maybe this could be updated to say email so others don't get confused, or maybe it was just me!

I just tested this (I am running old version in production) but I used email address in PayPal Business Account field and it worked.  When I took out the email address it did not work.

thanks for telling us how you got on with this!

Confirmed.. I just setup the Paypal USA, Canada module .. had the exact same problem.. entered the paypal email address instead of the business name and BAM! it worked..

Now the problem I have is that after Paypal has successfully processed a credit card payment, that my prestashop site doesn't acknowledge it..  So when the customer returns back to my site using either the link from the PayPal credit card screen, the customer still sees their shopping cart full of the items they selected in which the prestashop software did not convert it as an order record.

Even the back-office does not have an order record..   Paypal says its a prestashop problem.. not a paypal problem.

any input would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

tom 

• 6 months later...

YES! Thanks, this solved it for me

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...