DEVELOPERS PLEASE RESPOND ... What is the purpose of carriers linked to a module?

I don't understand it at all but if you set it to true all the carriers disappear so I don't see what the purpose of it is. Neither do I see a carrier module in the module section.

Screenshot of shipping -> carriers -> edit a carrier and see at the bottom of the page.

svn1372 version on a new install.

12395_iSFYsADoVJUe3h2IfrOV_t

• 2 weeks later...

I would be interested in knowing what this is for too. In Prestashop v1.2, they added a Module field under Tools > Tabs. I think I read somewhere that it lets modules add new tabs to the Back Office of Prestashop, but I haven't actually seen any modules using it or tried doing it myself. The next chance I get, I'll try creating a module with its own AdminXXX.php file and see if I can get it to display in the Back Office by specifying the module's folder name.

Perhaps the new Module option under Carriers allows a module to override the default carrier calculations to specify its own ones? It is hard to know for sure though without documentation from Prestashop.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It looks like you can find the answer in AdminOrders.php (line 531 in 1.3.1.1). If the option is set the function displayInfoByCart is called. You can see an example of this in the dejala module.

To rocky: Yes, you can create modules that adds tabs to the back office. I have an example of this in the module I posted as an improvement of sendnewsletter. I have had some problems when it comes to translating the texts in an AdminXXX.php module. The solution I have come up with is to only put $this->l() statements in the module files and let the AdminXXX.php call methods in the module when they are language dependent.

/Kjeld