[SOLVED] Set Default language with enabling geolocation and using localization by countries

Hi all, im a total noob, but learning fast. I have PS 1.5.6.0 version and encountered a small bug that i cant correct. After some research and a help on this forum from EL Patron, i realized that this geolocation is a great tool, only i miss one feature from it.

Im running a prestashop with two languages Serbian / English and i would like to set my shop so the Serbian language is the default, but as i have learned that the PS 1.5.6.0 recognizes the browser language and since it is in English it automaticly opens the English instead of Serbian even if i have set the Serbian language as the default in Localization and the default country to be Serbian aswell.

Then after few discussions with El Patron i have learned that enabling geolocation you can use the  Localization > Countries feature where you can select Serbia and here make some setups, like my shops default currency is EURO but in serbia we use DINAR as currency (only that we use EURO for a guide line price that never changes and on daily basis we change it according to the currency rate), so here in Localization > Countries i have changed that the default currency should be DINAR for Serbian visitors and it works perfectly!

So my question is is there a way to modify the Localization > Countries>(choose your own coutry in my case its Serbia) where you can set the default language for your shop by country this way overriding the option of PS to pull out the default language from the installed browser language.

i hope i made clear what i am looking for. :)

post-714645-0-82597300-1383159334_thumb.jpg

post-714645-0-90420400-1383159501_thumb.jpg

post-714645-0-06942700-1383159506_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

Just a follow up to this.

you do not want to use Geo Localization, geolitecity.dat file is only around 85% accurate, the other 15% will be forbidden (native PrestaShop behavior) to shop.  So don't use.

While browser detection in 1.5.6 and higher was a good move, it does not support scenario of 'I prefer Danish, but will accept the following language) in HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE.  In other words native PrestaShop will look at first language in HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE but if not defined in shop, use default without looking for other visitor browser languages.

Localization has always been of interest to me and important for my customers.

Here is the most advanced language detector, on the planet.

[Module] Geo Localization - Advanced Browser Language Detect