Vote to Improve PrestaShop

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

The best place in the world to ask questions about PrestaShop and get advice from our passionate community!

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

Photo

Paypal payment but no orders

no orders paypal

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic
Sphyrna

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

Hello,

My paypal module (USA) will not create orders in my Prestashop store.

The back office shows customer carts, but no orders; the front office takes the customer all the way through the cart and successful paypal payment and confirmation and upon return to the store shows items in cart as if no order has been placed and no orders placed under their account.

It has never worked even under earlier versions. The transactions do show in paypal sandbox.

(currently 1.5.6.0 prestoshop and 1.2.6 paypal module)

Things I have tried:

Uninstalled and installed paypal 1.2.5

Upgraded to 1.5.6.0 from 1.5.4.1 and upgraded via zip archive to paypal 1.2.6 from 1.2.5 (update would not work)

checked php extensions installed on server with presta admin guide reccomendations - php info looked good (really long, I can attach if wanted)

searched forge for similar issues, all issues seemed to be before the payment through to paypal or blank pages

set debug _PS_MODE_DEV_ and _PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_  to true in defines.inc.php as per prestashop system admin guide and didn't see any obvious errors (although I'm not sure I knew how to use these)

successfully created an order in the back office with check pay module, proving the cart is capable of working

Tested with:

store enabled

allow_url_fopen set to on (although I understand this is no longer required if cUrl is available)

set paypal to api not required (still didn't work), switched back to required

set paypal to ipn on (still didn't work), set back to off

theme set to default

Odd things that may or may not be related:

php.ini file does not mention cUrl (can attach if wanted)

transaction id generated and viewed in paypal sandbox for merchant account does not match the transaction id given to the customer (but amounts and dates match)

In the back office page, smarty optimization shows an exclamation, performance page does not elaborate, smarty debug window seems okay as far as I can tell.

Back office advanced parameters>performance page shows two warnings, despite memcached showing as installed in phpinfo: "To use Memcached, you must install the Memcache PECL extension on your server. http://www.php.net/m...nstallation.php To use APC, you must install the APC PECL extension on your server. http://php.net/manual/en/apc.installation.php"

Phar is being used instead of the mentioned PECL, could this be a problem?

Also, Paypal module does not seem to allow express checkout to be selected, after saving it reverts to paypal standard and express becomes unchecked.

I am so out of my depth with this. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks!

El Patron

PrestaShop Legend

• US Moderators
  • 10511 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

I didn't see your url, can you please post?

djaenicke

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

I have the same problem.

El Patron

PrestaShop Legend

• US Moderators
  • 10511 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

make sure in your paypal account that you are not using the pro plan, it will not work with this module.

if you do have pro account in paypal, revert back to standard

djaenicke

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

if i am paying paypal £20 a month do I now have to buy the pro account on prestashop for like £134 in order to be able to process the payments on my website?

El Patron

PrestaShop Legend

• US Moderators
  • 10511 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

if i am paying paypal £20 a month do I now have to buy the pro account on prestashop for like £134 in order to be able to process the payments on my website?

not I sure I understand your problem.  when you run standard paypal account and not pro...your payments are working....

my understanding is that to use paypal account pro, you need the paid paypal pro module.

none of my free module have the word pro in them. :)

Sphyrna

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Hello El Patron and djaenicke,

I realize now that the paypal sandbox account is set to paypal express, unfortunately when this option is selected at checkout there is a warning of an unsecure form being sent. However, it does break out the tax and shipping correctly (standard did not), but gift wrap is shown as a coupon(standard ignores gift wrap and does not charge for it).

Express then returns the user to the cart page where it appears the customer hasn't checked out yet, even though they have accessed their paypal account and the customer account shows no orders placed. Ah ha, AH HA! The customer has to go one more step and click pay with paypal express. THEN, the order is created in prestashop and all is as it should be.

Thank you so much for helping me with this.

Questions: How do I secure the form sent to paypal that elicits the warning? Is there a way to integrate the paypal encryption service "website payment certificates"?

Is there anyway to simplify the checkout process? I can add a note about needing to confirm payment on the last order page, but this seems like an awful lot of clicking.

Note: allow_url_fopen does not seem to be required for the paypal payment module, this all worked with it set to off, I think it is only needed to update and compare your shop files to original to check for errors. I am glad I can turn it off as it is listed as a security risk.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a method of deactivating standard payment on the paypal module, if I click "enable paypal express checkout only" it appropriately grays out the standard payment selection, but as soon as the save button is clicked it shows as active.

Thank you so much. I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Elizabeth

Edited by Sphyrna, 19 October 2013 - 06:21 AM.

Sphyrna

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

djaenicke,

Are you referring to the "cut" that paypal takes for use if their system?

From what I can tell with my website, I think that the problem is website "standard." Can you try setting the sandbox merchant account to "express" and enabling express checkout on your paypal module? You may now have two paypal buttons at checkout, but the one on top is express (in my shop). Try to run a test payment through and see if it works, you will have to push pay with paypal again on the last page that takes you back to your website.

Hope it works, the rest I think (hope) can be fixed with code, setting, etc.

Good luck.

Elizabeth

Sphyrna

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

Okay, I found the express check out form code here:

<form id="paypal-express-checkout-form" action="http://"mystore"/en/...p_exp_initial=1" method="post" onsubmit="$('#paypal_express_checkout_id_product_attribute').val($('#idCombination').val());
$('#paypal_express_checkout_quantity').val($('#quantity_wanted').val());"> <input id="paypal-express-checkout-btn-product" type="image" name="submit" src="https://www.paypal.c...essCheckout.gif" alt="" style="float: right; "></form>

Can I change: 

to
action="https

and have the form sent over a secure connection?

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Edited by Sphyrna, 19 October 2013 - 06:22 AM.

djaenicke

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

djaenicke,

Are you referring to the "cut" that paypal takes for use if their system?

From what I can tell with my website, I think that the problem is website "standard." Can you try setting the sandbox merchant account to "express" and enabling express checkout on your paypal module? You may now have two paypal buttons at checkout, but the one on top is express (in my shop). Try to run a test payment through and see if it works, you will have to push pay with paypal again on the last page that takes you back to your website.

Hope it works, the rest I think (hope) can be fixed with code, setting, etc.

Good luck.

Elizabeth

Ahhh nope I'm referring to this: 

http://www.prestasho...-no-order-page/

it's really confusing and I do not want to have to pay £134 to be able to process the payments on my website unless i absolutely have to.

Sphyrna

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

If it was working, and now isn't, I'd call your server to see if they had made any changes and also call paypal. You are a paying customer, the least they could do is help you trouble shoot and they may also have made changes that are causing the problem.

Good luck, these things sure can be frustrating.

Sphyrna

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Okay, I found the express check out form code here:

<form id="paypal-express-checkout-form" action="http://"my store"/en...p_exp_initial=1" method="post" onsubmit="$('#paypal_express_checkout_id_product_attribute').val($('#idCombination').val());
$('#paypal_express_checkout_quantity').val($('#quantity_wanted').val());"> <input id="paypal-express-checkout-btn-product" type="image" name="submit" src="https://www.paypal.c...essCheckout.gif" alt="" style="float: right; "></form>

Can I change: 

to
action="https

and have the form sent over a secure connection?

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Does anyone have any idea where to find this code?

I have done a search of the paypal module and it doesn't seem to originate from those files. Is it pulling it from smarty compilation? Any ideas on how to find it?

Thanks.

P.S.

I have figured out how to get Paypal standard working by following the directions contained in the module files. Yay!

Edited by Sphyrna, 19 October 2013 - 06:25 AM.

Kier

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Hi, I have the same issue this morning. I get a paypal payment with no order. V 1.5.5.0 with Paypal USA-Canada 1.2.6. Haven't changed anything, this just started happening this morning! Checked the permissions, this seems to be OK, also reinstalled module. Still not working. Any ideas?

Kier

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Nevermind folks, looks like it must have been a PayPal issue or something. After spending most of the day yesterday trying to figure it out, it miraculously started working again by itself...go figure.

xthunder

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:55 AM

I just had the same problem today - PayPal Payment WITHOUT the order being created.

I have not tested and see if the problem has went away on its own but I will test this later tonight and report back.

Joy Laney

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

I am having this same problem but didn't see a solution here.  I received an email notification from paypal of the order and funds are in my paypal account, however my presta shop module 1.5.6 does not show an order.  Help!  There are options available when my customer purchases a product, like color, that is not showing up in my paypal email that I am assuming will show up in my prestashop order info.  BTW, this is my first order from my webpage, so it is not a matter of it was working and then quit.  I am not very savy on all this yet, so you may have to 'dumb down' your reply for me.

THANKS!

Eric Nguyen

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

I'm having the same problem with my PayPal Sandbox payment.

I'm using PayPal Canada USA 1.2.7 module.

PayPal Standard is enabled.

My shop enables 2 currency USD and SGD with SGD being the default currency.

Payment settings allow PayPal in both USA and Singapore.

Both my personal and business PayPal Sandbox accounts have country as US.

I have already configure my PayPal Sandbox account (business) to automatically accept payments of any currency.

All payments went through smoothly but Prestashop hasn't recorded any order at all.

Order is created for payment through BankWire however.

My Prestashop version is 1.5.5.0

More info:

When PayPal transaction is done, I was not redirected back to the shop. Once I clicked on the link to return to the shop manually I saw "You have not placed any order".

I saw no error at all throughout the whole process.

The URLs at the different stages are:

https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=54eGf5XbGlGXddjNRyKhnA_ggRL6trxbPQGjP_-DSokbeqYF9QmsGCImY-G&dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9b61f737ba21b081986471f9b93cfa01e00b63629be0164db1

https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=54eGf5XbGlGXddjNRyKhnA_ggRL6trxbPQGjP_-DSokbeqYF9QmsGCImY-G&dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9b61f737ba21b081986471f9b93cfa01e00b63629be0164db1#pageState=review&pageDispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9b61f737ba21b081986471f9b93cfa01e00b63629be0164db1&pageSession=RXje-syPPKo36cPmyy0cDP-SYYQw8vIoJH4egapSF98e5dbSIxOLER-XT0m

https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=d4mNEw3VqHYLpjMnxwaHeKG1R8O6dZeDqdUCJwucLmnHyYafEIEDIVG1ZoK&dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9b61f737ba21b081986471f9b93cfa01e00b63629be0164db1

Updates

I think this problem probably has to with the fact that I'm doing testing on 

localhost

which is unreachable by PayPal

Solution

I figure out I'm supposed to use the PayPal Europe module instead of the Canada USA one since my shop is in Singapore - http://addons.presta...748-paypal.html

Good luck to the rest of you, cheers

Edited by Eric Nguyen, 23 November 2013 - 06:27 PM.

Patchou

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:25 AM

I also have the same issue. I've setup a new store and downloaded the latest version of Prestashop from the site. Everythign works well appart from the Paypal module. I'm trying to use it with a Standard account. During checkout, the user is sent to Paypal, payment is processed but the new order is not registered by Prestashop. The cart is not emptied either, however, the Paypal transaction completed successfully.

I use the US/Canada module, the transaction is done in CAD, the shop is in CAD as well as the Paypal account. The site is installed on an IIS server.

Can somebody from Prestashop help us? this make a wonderful product unusable (what use is an e-commerce CMS that can't process payments?). Thank you.

coolpapes

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

I'm having the same problem.  I'm getting ready to transfer my site from volusion but need to get this worked out.  

Sphyrna

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

This is for USA Paypal Standard payments (I decided on this as it allows for a credit card to be used without a Paypal account (although paypal doesn't make it very intuitive, but it is free)) I could not get express to operate without insecure form warnings.

In contradiction of what I have read it does appear that IPN is required for paypal standard.

Have you all gotten the paypal IPN setup?

>profile

>my selling tools

scroll down, click >instant payment notification - enable and set to http://www.mystore.c...ation.php?pps=1 replacing *mystore* with your domain name, as outlined in the directions copied from the header in the standards payment .tpl file below

"** Description: "PayPal Standard" payment form template
** This template is displayed on the payment page and called by the Payment hook
** Step 1: The customer is validating this form by clicking on the PayPal payment button
** Step 2: All parameters are sent to PayPal including the billing address to pre-fill a maximum of values/fields for the customer
** Step 3: The transaction success or failure is sent to you by PayPal at the following URL: http://www.mystore.c...ation.php?pps=1
** This step is also called IPN ("Instant Payment Notification")
** Step 4: The customer is redirected to his/her "Order history" page ("My account" section)
*}"

Hope this helps

Edited by Sphyrna, 26 November 2013 - 07:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users