Installation stops @ step 3

Hi,

I'm a non techie. Just try prestashop as I saw a great demo.
I've uploaded the files to my hosting-provider (starthosting.nl)
Started the installation And yeeppy!!.. I got all green ticks. And even step3 "verify Database configuration gave a Green 'V' (Database is connected.)

The test email was delivered correctly

but then...

I hit the "Next" button a zillion times
but nothing happens.

I've googled this problem and the suggested 'do another prefix' didn't work for me

Anyone an idea?

sort of happened to me, too...

Installer: prestashop 1.2.3

Problem:

+ Stuck on Step 4, cannot proceed to Step 5; entering sitename/renamedadmin displays the login page but with below login error
+ Installation > Step 4: Error: prestashop employee does not exist, or bad password

Checks done:
+ PhpMyAdmin, ps_employee is empty despite having entered (and re-entered during re-installs) an admin e-mail/account

Fix:

+By avoiding uploading any logo image, Step 5 followed through
+Logo change can easily be done manually in /img directory (logo.jpg)

http://cmsblogging.blogspot.com/2009/09/first-issue-with-prestashop-e-commerce.html

This is not what happen to me.

There is no response on the 'next' button in step 3 of the installation.

But I saw in another forum it's a mayor bug and nobody can install prestashop because prestashop don't work together with software mayor hosting providers uses.

I am go to other software anyway. I don't have time to dive deep in to a technical snakepit. Good luck all with this software.

Yep, somethin's wrong then... Also, transferring of installation files to your server that might have been incomplete or corrupted could also be a possible reason... I was just wondering, have you tested on local installation (local machine)? :) That way you could rule out presta issues if any...

I'm pretty sure that php version is not an issue ... I've been using wamp 2.0i since the release date (11 july 2009) on both ps 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 with no problem whatsoever. Also editing 'php.ini' as suggested by Patric in this post: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewreply/126115/ (I would suggest to migrate to that thread) didn't work for me. I've uninstalled wamp and reinstalled it more than once but the problem is still there so I can't go pass the third step during installation of 1.2.3 version.

The problem is that a PHP notice message is raised during the install and if your PHP is configured to display notices, this messages makes the install crash.

Notices are generally not displayed on servers, but it may be the case on development systems.

To avoid this, you'll have to change your PHP configuration (php.ini) and turn (for example) :
error_reporting  =  E_ALL

to

error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

I dont have wamp. Just uploaded it to my webhosting.
I searched for php.ini (it's not there)

OK ... I think I got it to work. Actually what Patric suggested was correct but incomplete: in the php.ini (in local server it is the one contained in the php folder not in the apache folder as editing this last one would generate an error) search for error_reporting and edit ALL FOUR STRINGS as follows:

find -

; error_reporting
;   Default Value: E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
;  Development Value: E_ALL | E_STRICT
;  Production Value: E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED

and change to -

error_reporting
  Default Value: E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
  Development Value: E_ALL | E_STRICT
  Production Value: E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED 

erasing all the ';' that comment them out.

Save the modified php.ini and restart your server.
If you got stuck at step 3 it is advisable to delete the db in phpmyadmin and start over with a new one.

In case the problem may occur on webhosting as for roxette, see in the Ctrl panel of your website if you find something like Php CGI Services or similar. There you'll probably be able to config your php otherwise try to contact your host tec-support and explain the problem.

php.ini it isn't accessible for me. (I can't even find it).

and things like
"
; error_reporting
; Default Value: E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
; Development Value: E_ALL | E_STRICT
; Production Value: E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED
"
I don't understand. Sorry. I think it's to techy for me.
I try in a few weeks. Hope the bug is solved then

Thanks for your sweet responses

my php version is 5.2.10 so i couldn't got :

; error_reporting

here is my php.ini
;error_reporting
;error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
;error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE | E_STRICT

when i install it also note :
Notice: Use of undefined constant _PS_VERSION_ - assumed '_PS_VERSION_' in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\shop\install\index.php on line 26

i only found 2 of 4 value which you told, help me config php.ini in PHP version 5.2.10, thank

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm stuck on step 3 as many other :(

Trying to install the latest version of PS on my local machine (OS X with PHP 5.3). I have tried editing the php.ini file without luck.

As many people seems to have this problem, and it is impossible to try PS without installing it ;) I can't understand why PrestaShop don't have a solution?

Regards, Magnus

Delete on server base for prestashop and create it again

Hummm... not sure what you mean by that?

I have deleted the database and all the files three times now without any luck. Tried two different browsers (Safari and Firefox) – but the installer always stops at step three.

Regards, Magnus

I'm having the same problem of stalling at step three, but my php.ini file looks nothing like that. Mine is:

register_globals = off
post_max_size = 20M
memory_limit = 80M
upload_max_filesize = 20M
max_execution_time = 120
expose_php = off
session.save_path = /tmp
mysqli.default_socket = /tmp/mysql5.sock

Why is it so different and how do I fix this?

• 6 months later...

Hi,

İ did it

my php version is 5.2.10 so i couldn't got :
; error_reporting

here is my php.ini
;error_reporting
;error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
;error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE | E_STRICT

when i install it also note :
Notice: Use of undefined constant _PS_VERSION_ - assumed '_PS_VERSION_' in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\shop\install\index.php on line 26

i only found 2 of 4 value which you told, help me config php.ini in PHP version 5.2.10, thank

and i did it as well :

The problem is that a PHP notice message is raised during the install and if your PHP is configured to display notices, this messages makes the install crash.

Notices are generally not displayed on servers, but it may be the case on development systems.

To avoid this, you'll have to change your PHP configuration (php.ini) and turn (for example) :
error_reporting  =  E_ALL

to

error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

I dont have wamp. Just uploaded it to my webhosting.
I searched for php.ini (it's not there)

But nothing happen.I cant pass step 3.

İ cant update prestashop in local.

I tries easyphp and wamp latest versions.

HELPPP