What is the best way to run a blog in Prestashop

Hey all,

As we all know, a blog is now essential to running a successful e-commerce store. What I need help deciding is which of the two options below is better for SEO purposes. 

1) Build a wordpress blog in a subfolder in the root directory so the url is like this http://mysite.com/BLOG 

or...

2) purchase a a blog module like "Module PrestaShop blog" so there is no need to install a blog in a subfolder and the blog itself is native to the store?

Your advise will be much appreciated!

if I were you I will create separate blog on subdomain, for example: blog.yourstore.com based on or on blogger.com (with own domain!)

then you will have nice SEO tool, especially when you will use second method -  in my opinion much better than blog module

• Like 2

if I were you I will create separate blog on subdomain, for example: blog.yourstore.com based on or on blogger.com (with own domain!)

then you will have nice SEO tool, especially when you will use second method -  in my opinion much better than blog module

Hi Vekia,

You seem to be very much against blog module for SEO purposes. May I ask why you feel this way?

well, im not against blog module, im using also "blog" integrated with my shop.

But i think, that if you create additional website (on different domain / subdomain for example blog.yourdomain.com), it will be much better for seo purposes. Why?

more backlinks - higher position in serps

• Like 1

I am also investigating which option we should use on our website.

We are using a responsive design template. Does anyone have any examples of a blog integrated with a responsive design on prestashop?

Do wordpress blogs look like they are part of the same website? Is this easy to achieve?

All advice and recommendations gratefully received!

Thanks, D

• 5 months later...

I know this post is old, but any update. Prestashop desperately needs a great integrated blogging system. I have a number of sites in Prestashop that require a good blog.

If I want an ecommerce with blogging platform, I have currently switched my preferred choice to Joomla and Hikashop (ecommerce) as all is available within Joomla, and the obvious versatility of the Joomla CMS.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

well, in fact this will not be "full" integration, but with free features avaialble both in prestashop and wordpress (modules in ps, and plugins in wp) we can nicely integrate these two platforms,

for example prestashop will display entries from blog, and blog will display products from your prestashop

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

well, in fact this will not be "full" integration, but with free features avaialble both in prestashop and wordpress (modules in ps, and plugins in wp) we can nicely integrate these two platforms,

for example prestashop will display entries from blog, and blog will display products from your prestashop

Hi Vekia,

I am planing to implement my store blog using wp cause it´s been to much trouble installing and troubleshooting errors and etc on these PS blog modules. Too much headache, if know what I mean, less productive and time consuming.

So, I am going to do a fresh install of WordPress on my server using a subdomain (blog.mydomain.com.br - I´m in Brazil.) and have a link on the main menu and also have links on all my products detail page to direct visitor to the blog) I think this ways seo will be better done and get more results on search engines. Do you agree?

Is there a wp plugin that will connect to my PS store and displays products on the blog platform or do I have to make a link within each product detail page? 

Also, I am using PS 1.5.5.0 which is stable. Should I upgrade to 1.6.0.6?  

I see a lot of people having loads of problems upgrading, specially those will a lot of product in the db.

Your experience and advice are much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Rolando.

• 5 months later...

"

What do you mean with "with own domain!" ?

• 5 months later...

Hi Vekia,

(or anyone else who cares to chime in),

Do you still feel that having a separate blog installation like Wordpress is superior to installing a blog module?

I found this on the forum which looks interesting:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/432988-free-module-wordpress-blog-integration-to-prestashop-13141516/?hl=+wordpress%20+module

thanks,

glen

• 1 year later...