multi store configuration problem

I am having a problem with multi store configuration drop down. I have Store 1 the main store and then store2 which is wholesale. I made store 2 in the default group when you load it it works fine. The problem I am having is when I use the Multi Store Configuration drop down to edit store 2 in reverts back to  store1 to edit. I cannot get to store 2 to edit any information like prices and such when i choose it from the drop down it reverts back to store 1, I also tried to select all shops same thing it reverts back to store 1.  I tried to go to general to shut multi store off then turn it back on but I cannot do that as well because it says You can't change the value of this configuration field in the context of this shop. and thats because i cannot go to all shops I deleted shop2 and everything was fine again. But when i added back shop 2 same thing happened. Has anyone had this problem or is there any way I can fix it?

Thanks

sorry tried to post an update but all it was showing is website and thanks guess its been a long day for me.

I installed a testing db  and a fresh ps install everything works fine multi store configuration drop down works and i can change between stores. So im confused as to what it could be. the SSL maybe? or is it because i installed then removed the shop 2, any help would be great I would hate to start from scratch again.

Edited by fsfireworks (see edit history)

Ok guys well i figured it out I do not understand it but its solved.

when I log into Bo it cannot be SSL or www before the B.O it can only be ineedfireworks.com anything before that and the multi store configuration loads back to the main store. But If logged into the Bo without anything before it and I can go into the store and all shops.

Can someone tell me why this is, as it doesn't make sense. I also noticed that with video manage v1.7 I can only get the catergories to come up to add the videos to if I am logged in BO through SSL.

So this is solved the problem is but I would love to know why.

Thanks A  Bunch hope this can help someone else.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...