How to modify the quick order page

williambesson

Hello,

I am trying to modify the quick order page.

For instance underneath 1. Addresses I want to be able to add some custom text.

I have been through numerous files but I can't seem to find the one where I can apply such a change.. creating a div etc..

Does anyone know which file is responsible for the quick order page?

Thanks a lot.

Guillaume Besson

• Like 1

Hi Guillaume,

I presume with quick order page, you mean the One Page checkout. This page is created in the file:

/themes/<your theme folder>/order-opc.tpl

Here the building blocks of the one page checkout are assembled. If you need to add anything BETWEEN those blocks, just add them here. If you need to add something INSIDE one of those building blocks. Here you can see what tpl file to edit,

like order-carrier.tpl, order-payment.tpl etc.

Hope this helps,

pascal

• Like 6

Hi Pascal,

Many thanks for your answer. You definitely pointed me in the right direction. I definitely see how it's constructed now.

But I am quite unlucky as what I want to change is nowhere to be found. I have taken all the files and searched for the div responsible for the paypal button I want to change but no luck.

Am I again missing something?

That's what I want to work on:  http://www.hdvideoshop.com/themes/mytheme/img/paypal-button.jpg

Thanks again.

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

As you may have seen by now, the button is not text, but a graphic image. So you can change this with another button image if you like.

Depending on the language in your shop it is the image in the /modules/paypal/img/ folder.

and then US_pp_express.gif when using US English, UK_pp_express.gif when using UK English, FR_pp_express.gif when using French etc.

Hope this helps,

pascal.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello, I am following this topic with question to PascalVG - you wrote above that -if you need to add anything BETWEEN those blocks, just add them here. If you need to add something INSIDE one of those building blocks. Here you can see what tpl file to edit,

like order-carrier.tpl, order-payment.tpl etc.

So I have found that I need to add there two things. 1.text area for additional information and 2. company name.

And my question is: Is it really enough to add this code to the place where I want to have this area? Cause I tried it but I didn´t see any area. So this needs to be probably added in some other file right? code is: <div class="form-group"> <label for="other" class="col-md-4 control-label">Doplňující informace</label><div class="col-md-8"><textarea class="validate form-control" data-validate="isMessage" id="other" name="other" cols="26" rows="3" ></textarea></div></div>

And if I want to add company name and also the function that if you put something in company name then there will appear automatically another field for DIC I need to put this? - also there, where I need to show it? But still nothing has appeared. 

<div class="form-group"> <label for="company" class="col-md-4 control-label">Společnost</label><div class="col-md-8"><input class="form-control validate" data-validate="isGenericName" type="text" id="company" name="company" value="" /></div></div><div id="vat_area"><div id="vat_number"><div class="form-group"> <label for="vat-number" class="col-md-4 control-label">DIČ</label><div class="col-md-8"><input type="text" class="form-control validate" data-validate="isGenericName" id="vat-number" name="vat_number" value="" /></div></div></div>

Are my codes correct? and where exactly do I have to put this code to show it where I need. See pls screen. It is regarding only one page checkout. Thank you much guys. Or if you have any link to some topic where this was solved, pls send it to me.

post-800109-0-04026300-1413791498_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Domo,

Do I understand well, you would like to add two input fields to your registration form:

1) company

2) a text field for some 'other' info?

The ;other' text field text field, is that customer dependent, or order dependent?

To add the company field, that's easy: just turn n Business 2 Business mode in Preferences->customer

post-455771-0-58229100-1413792652_thumb.png

post-455771-0-76308900-1413792731_thumb.png

Then when registering, you see a block with company info.

Let me know about the 'other' text field. In short, what you need to do is also write all the code to store and retrieve the field in the database, so it's not only adding a text field on the page, but also make it part of the customer object/class and make sure it will be stored/retrieved when loading/saving the customer info. Quite some work.

Let me know what you need exactly.

pascal.

• Like 1

Hi PascalVG, thank you much for B2B mode - that is awesome :-) this is exactly what I have wanted. 

Regarding text field I need exactly what you see here on screen. It is only for one page checkout. I have it done so that customer see fields for delivery address and invoice address and he decides if it stays the same or not. So if customer wanna have both the same - fill in only the delivery address. But if he wants to send me some additional info like - send me sms when package is delivering or you know - just something so there is no field to add this note there. And I would like to have it there too.

It should be 

thank you much PascalVG

P.S  I will try to find somewhere code just for making sure that it is correct.

post-800109-0-05796500-1413803578_thumb.jpg

Edited by domorodecmezilidmi (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Domo,

I don't think you should do this at the 'address level', as this message may change for every order.

But I think this field already exists, as seen on this screenshot.

post-455771-0-40238900-1414727531_thumb.png

Here you can add a message that will be linked to this order, and here the customer could write things like "please SMS me" or things like that.

Was this what you needed?

pascal

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, could you please help me with advice, how I can change the text description above the field for message from customer in one-page checkout in section Delivery methods as it is on your previous picture?

Thank you in advance. 

Regards,

Jan

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/uploads/monthly_10_2014/post-455771-0-40238900-1414727531.png

Edited by jhalik (see edit history)

Hi Jan,

- Go to Localization->translation

- Choose Front office translation/Your theme/Your language, click modify

- Click close all fieldsets - button

- Click expand all fieldsets

- Search 'on page' (Win: Ctrl-F/Mac: Cmd-F) for: Leave a message

- When found, type the new text you want in the field on the right.

post-455771-0-81652400-1430412533_thumb.png

- On the line below this one, you see the 'explanation text' (If you would like to add a comment...), so this you can also translate/change if needed.

- When finished, press save.

- Reload the front page and see if it works (Maybe you need to go to advanced Parameters->Performance and TEMPORARILY turn off smarty cache and turn 'force compilation' ON. Don't forget to put it back when it works, otherwise your site will be slooooow)

Hope this helps,

pascal

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys!

I upgraded my store from 1.5 to 1.6. Everything seems cool, except the cart is not working anymore. When I try to order something it shows

500 Server Error

The error log shows:

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice:  Undefined index: validate in *******/beinsa.info/testshop/classes/ObjectModel.php on line 1342, referer: http://www.beinsa.info/testshop/

Any idea?

• 2 years later...