1 Click upgrade does not work

I have set all the settings on 1 click upgrade but when I click Upgrade Prestashop now I just get returned to the same page and nothing is happening.

Have I got any settings wrong, I left them all at default.

Also if I try to change any settings under expert mode nothing happens when I click save.

I tried resetting the module to see if that would help and got 2 errors

1. Cannot install this module.
  2. Unable to load the "AdminSelfUpgrade" tab

I then had to install the module again which said module installed successfully.

Have also tried deleting the module and installing the latest version with the same result.

Thanks

George

post-672186-0-14441500-1377869556_thumb.png

post-672186-0-79454400-1377869563_thumb.png

post-672186-0-98810100-1377869572_thumb.png

post-672186-0-06678600-1377869582_thumb.png

Edited by zuul (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed a new shop 1.5.4.. did the same yesterday for testing and no problems at all...

Now today 1-click 1.1.3 does NOT update. I have reset - re-installed - downloaded (not 1.1.7 as the download page says - was 1.1.3 !)

Still nothing - any help - or a link to the real 1.1.7 -1-click ?

Ditto, I just installed through MOJO PS version  1.5.4.1 and I am having the same issue. Tried deleting the old 1 Click upgrade ver 1.1.3, etc and uploading version 1.1.7, UGH!

Also having the same issue with Merchant Expertise.

These are the only two upgrades on the module list.

Edited by onlinerepa (see edit history)

Hello, I have the same problem with one click upgrade, from the Italian forum I read that I'm not the only one. I can't update my 3 Installation 1.5.4.1because one click upgrade version 1.1.3 is rejected, and you are prompted to upgrade to 1.1.7. But the update does not work, and by downloading it from the server again you get the 1.1.3.

Are there any solutions? There are already many with this problem. Think it's a serious bug!

Many thanks

Hi - you can rename the autoupdate directory and copy the 1.1.7. autoupdate directory from another setup - just did this from my other shop and could update to newest version 1.5.5. (Prestashop)

I dont know how to attach a file here but i can send the zipped directory by email if needed.

Edited by ledcom (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello, I have the same problem with one click upgrade, from the Italian forum I read that I'm not the only one. I can't update my 3 Installation 1.5.4.1because one click upgrade version 1.1.3 is rejected, and you are prompted to upgrade to 1.1.7. But the update does not work, and by downloading it from the server again you get the 1.1.3.
Are there any solutions? There are already many with this problem. Think it's a serious bug!
Many thanks

Check out the next post below from ledcom. it took me less than 1 minute and I am not having this problem any more and my other needed updates were completed.  All I needed to do with those was uninstall and install on the panel, 2 clicks unless it is one that was customized like my USPS and PayPal.

Check out the next post below from ledcom. it took me less than 1 minute and I am not having this problem any more and my other needed updates were completed.  All I needed to do with those was uninstall and install on the panel, 2 clicks unless it is one that was customized like my USPS and PayPal.

Thanks, well done! Now it works!!!

OK here is the 1.1.7 zipped directory - unzip it local and upload to modules directory.

I just figured it out - see below for the uploaded directory..

Hi. is this module the same that we offer? Or is this a custom module with changes that are not reflected in our 1.1.7 autoupgrade module? Thank you for this information. 

Yes the same no changes at all ! ... But since nobody seems to be able to update directly ...and... the download link only downloads 1.1.3 instead of 1.1.7 --- I had to copy the directory from my previous update when everything still worked ...

Seems to work out for other too -

May be you can check what the problem is !

Hi everybody, today I could finally update the autoupgrade module from 1.1.3 to 1.1.7 via the "Update It!" button.

But when running the module I get this:

You come from the future! You are using a newer version than the latest available!

Ihre aktuelle PrestaShop-Version           1.5.4.1

Letzte offizielle Version im Kanal major

Seriously!

Any ideas how to get the module work to upgrade to 1.5.5?

Help much appreciated!

Edited by sakiri (see edit history)

I have updated 2 shops with the autoupdate folder I have provided above .

1. 2 weeks ago the 1-click update worked with the update button and updated via web to 1.1.7

2. Last week I tried to update via update button the second shop - but I could.

so since I am not in programming - I copied the folder autoupdate of the 1st shop to the second - and voila - 1.1.7 showed already - with this i could update the second shop without any problems at all.

So I have zipped and attached the working autoupdate folder (1.1.7) and attached here. Some people have used it without any probelms

What I do also not understand is - why the 1.1.7 dsappeared from update it and also the Weblink - and there is also no answer from Prestashop - why they have taken it off - and now seems to have put it back but with some bugs it looks like...

Anyway - the way i did worked for me and some other people so it should work for all if there are no other shop problems.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

And you are back to square one, fast forward to 12/30/2013 and the 1 click update version 1.2.5 does not work either, I have all the green check marks, all the permissions and a have a backup and when I click the "Upgrade PrestaShop Now" it does do anything, BTW I'm trying to upgrade from version 1.5.2.0 to 1.5.6.1

I wasn't in any hurry to update the cart if it wasn't that the PayPal module for US and Canada still has issues with PayPal Advance and I was reading Benjamin  solution to the issue and downloaded his PayPal 1.2.9 zip as a solution to the problem only to find out that it crashes my site and my admin, after being scared to death I tried a fix, so I revert back to the PayPal 1.2.7 zip and everything went back to normal, so.... in short, I've wasted an entire 2 days just trying to fix and patch.

I seriously think that it would be easier for us if Prestashop said "Hey, only the standard is FREE the others are for purchase and guaranteed to work or your money back" and not having us wonder if I buy this will it even work? Been there done that with OpenCart only to find out they didn't support UPS or USPS (at least back when I was using their cart) But I wouldn't mind paying for something that works.

So I would appreciate honesty and just let me know what's the deal?

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having problem upgrade prestashop 1.5.6.2 to the latest version. When i click the configure button for the 1 click upgrade module, it show error Uh-oh, something went wrong! Error Code: 500. I had try uninstall and install the 1 click upgrade module, it still show the same error. Anyone can help me upgrade my prestashop?

post-852368-0-63285700-1423295842_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

OK here is the deal folks.  Apparently some of the Database fields have changed between versions.  Although fields can be added without issues, database fields CANNOT be removed or changed.  This is what I believe is creating issues in one-click upgrade.  After updating my shop from 1.6.09 to 1.6.14 I started to get SQL errors in my CMS Pages.  After review of the error and the past and present databases - calls were being made to fields that were no longer present.  You actually have to go into the database find and create the missing fields (not as easy as it sounds, as you have to go back and forth between SQL and PHP errors to find which one(s) they are).  then you have to find the correct TPL file and edit those manually.  This is NOT for the faint of heart or for folks who do not know Smarty or PHP.  Also you you have to be VERY methodical in MySQL.  Upgrades HAVE to backward compatible to work - and looks they are not. 

That is my take on the situation...any can pipe in here....please

Edited by dnugent (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

OK after a bit more testing the one click upgrade does indeed work just fine.  You will have to make some adjustments to some areas of your site.  For instance with my template I had to fix the top menu - all the items where still there just not moved over to display in the back office, easy fix however...  did not have to alter any CSS that I know of yet. But other than that nothing Major.  All DB's entries were fine as were all the tables.  Tested on localhost first before moving over to production.  If you do not know how to set up a localhost post here I can point you in the right direction.  Suggest you export your DB and then import that and your templates to your localhost first before you go live in prod environment. Just to check that all works. 

Dave