(solved) Urgent! -> partial refunds or cancellations - do not work

Dear community,

we got huge problems with PS1541.

We do not understand how to handle the refund process.

PS1541
extended warehouse system – deactivated
refund function in BO activated

The refund function is not mandatory for German customers (we run a German shop in Germany but the German support forum is nearly non existent, so I try my luck here). They can send back a packet or partially send back some articles in a certain time frame without using the refund system of PS.

The issue is:

When a customer partially refunds an order or partially cancels an order we can not send those articles back to the catalogue / warehouse nor can we then produce a correct invoice then.

This is really unacceptable and we need the solution or a description how to do this.
My understanding is that PS does not offer this possibility because the extended warehouse functions are not already activated. Especially since all this worked in PS149 that came without this extended warehouse functions.

Edited by B.Köring (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This is how it looks actually in PS 1541 on my testserver:

1gn5t.png

You see that there are action buttons for deleting/canceling partial parts of an order / articles and to increase or decrease the sum.

BUT on our productive shop I do not see nor have these actions buttons in the BO/order details ?!

1gn67.png

I need to adjust an order and the customer is already pissed off so to say but I do not know how to do that!!

Please help us out. There must be one switch in the Prestashop settings that causes this.

thanks alot!

Why does no one tell me how to manage partial refunds/cancelations?

Is is it no more supported by ps 1541 or is the whole staff and all power users on holidays :(

A got a customer who is already dissatisfied and I really need to know how to manage this in ps :(

I tried to make use of the extended warehouse system now in a test shop. Though I still do not know if there is a relation.

However I activated it in the BO/products settings.

Then I did a test buy and hooray in the BO/orders overview I could see now these actions buttons to change the sum of articles.

BUT when I changed the status from payment received to send then there vanished!

This is bs.

Cause now the test customer receives the packages and wants to refund an article. Great !

I can not change any more anything in the orders list. I tried the status 'cancelation/storno' but to no avail.

Those action buttons do not apear again and I am lost with PS and support :(

I think you have to enable returns in Orders > Merchandise Returns (probably done). Then the customer will apply for return in his account and you confirm that in Merchandise Returns. After these actions you can change the order. Not tested, just remembered.

Tuk

I had the that up all the time however now icons are back at the top and partial cancelation/refund does work. At least as far as I can say.

The answer was given in a nice explanation in http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/256217-product-returns/?view=findpost&p=1360075

The five RMA statusses are reserved for customer returns = Returns created by the customers, in the customer-section of your website.

If you want to be able to make RMA cases, you must turn on that feature in the backoffice. (Orders > Merchandise Returns)

After you've turned on RMA/Merchandise Returns, each order-details page will have new buttons in the top right.

If the order is set to completed (delivered), this button should appear in the top right corner:v1CtZbs.png

Edited by B.Köring (see edit history)

• 9 months later...

I too am using PS1541,and am new to it, and finding that it is missing oh so many features ... :( 

Customer sends an item back, all RMA process sorted and etc, and we then issue a refund.  They need their money back, not a voucher or credit slip.  BUT - there is no way that I can see to alter the invoice total, whatever I do, it resolutely stays the same.  Pay enough tax, VAT etc etc without having to pay for items that have gone out and been returned - so need to find a method of making the invoice total adjust for returns.  PLEASE - is there anybody who can sort this, and I can't be alone in needing this (or is there just some function that I have not yet found : :)  )