PayPal problem

Hi

I upgraded PayPal in the back office because some orders weren't updating correctly.

However, after the update, problem is now worse, the shop hangs when PayPal tries to post back.

I've now rolled back to the version I had before and it's still doing the same thing....

I've also now upgraded to the very latest version and still the same issue.

Something strange though, a customer in a foreign country placed an order while I was testing and that came through ok, but orders I placed as being in UK, not coming through.

Any ideas?

thanks

Andrew

Edited by Andrew H (see edit history)

I fixed this issue...

There's a good post here on fixing the issue which didn't precisely explain the issue but made me think what the issue might be...

http://www.presto-ch...paypal-problems

In my case, something you would never have guessed... (although the fact a foreign order worked also led me in the right direction)

After upgrading PayPal... even though it was working semi-OK before the upgrade (I remember that saying about not fixing things that aren't broken!)... the orders were not posting back after the upgrade.

I did this to get it working again:

Recompiled templates (but I don't think this was the actual fix)

GO TO Modules > Payment

Changed PayPal setting at the top of the page from "Shop Default Currency" to "Customer Currency"

PRESS SAVE

Then this is the important bit. I changed it back again:

"Customer Currency" to "Shop Default Currency"

PRESS SAVE

This effectively re-saved the setting regarding the shop currency and applied it to the new module (which obviously didn't happen automatically as you might expect). I don't know if this should be addressed as part of the PayPal module installation but it fixed my issue and PayPal is now working OK again :)

I would guess the one you have as part of the installation will be the one to use anyway (I was using a slightly older version of 1.5), though PayPal is pre-installed in the back office modules. I would suggest trying that first rather than trying to install new modules as that (-as in my case) -can introduce new problems that you might regret.

If it's not working, you should check file permissions and things like that before upgrading so soon.

If, for whatever reason the one you have doesn't work, you can download them from the prestastore linked from the top of this website. http://addons.prestashop.com/en

After configuring Paypal with sandbox test business api details, this message is permanently at the bottom of the page -

CONGRATULATION !

You can now start accepting payments with PayPal.

ERROR !

You need to provide your PayPal API credentials in step 3 in order to accept payments.

So on the one hand it is telling me I am ready to start trading, and on the other, even though I have added correct api details and saved, it is still telling me that I need to add details?????

What's going on here - anyone know?

Thanks

Edited by skylark167 (see edit history)

Try disabling the module, uninstall, reinstall and then reset the module. I had a similar problem before -in my case the latest version fixed that -so maybe you do have a slightly older version of PayPal module.

Personally (for peace of mind) I usually try it on the site in live mode (although not best practice) with a low value product (though if you have it in maintenance mode it won't post back).

yes (worked for me on 1.5.3), but make sure the old version is disabled and uninstalled before trying to replace. I also had to do the other things that I originally made this post about (as described above), but that may not apply to you. I am slightly concerned, however, that someone in that other post referred to UK as needing a different module. As far as I can see, only European and North America versions exist...

Thanks Andrew - I logged on to Fashosts, and discovered there is a problem with shared servers contacting Paypal, so maybe that's my answer. May I ask you another question being your site is UK, how have you configured your carriers and shipping? Mines not working properly, and I wondered if yours is working. I've added each Royal Mail option as a carrier, is that what you've done?

ie

Royal Mail 1st Class Large Letter 0-100g

Royal Mail 1st Class Large Letter 101-250g

Royal Mail 1st Class Small Parcel 1kg

Royal Mail 1st Class Small Parcel 2kg

...and so on.

Thanks

Edited by skylark167 (see edit history)