Vote to Improve PrestaShop

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

The best place in the world to ask questions about PrestaShop and get advice from our passionate community!

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

Photo

[closed not solved] PayPal USA, Canada not showing in checkout

paypal checkout not working error paypal USA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic
kornett

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

My paypal payment option is not showing up on the available payment methods when trying to do the checkout.

Prestashop: 1.5.4
Paypal module: 1.2.1

I've tried the Live and Sandbox mode, with valid credentials and API settings.

is this a bug???

Using USA and Canada as available countries, USD and EUR currencies by default.

No errors displayed, its like it was disabled but it is ENABLED.

Screenshots attached.

Attached Files

kornett

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

well... its working now... I desperately clicked all the "save" buttons options for each feature and it worked.

sandy03700

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

well... its working now... I desperately clicked all the "save" buttons options for each feature and it worked.

Hi, good for you!!! I have exactly the same issue for about 2 weeks. At the end of the check out : NO MODULE HAS BEEN
INSTALLED.
I use paypal advanced so i dont need the API, i use my paypal manager login and all works until the check out.
I try your method right away

sandy03700

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:54 AM

Nop,
Your method doesnt work for me

kornett

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

I think you still need the API even if you are using paypal advanced.
You can also try using paypal sandbox, if you havent already go to https://developer.pa...ations/accounts
Login with your current paypal account, and create new "test accounts" with any balance (you can setup $500,$1000, etc)

Then, get your API credentials there and try them in your paypal module.

sandy03700

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:39 AM

I think you still need the API even if you are using paypal advanced.
You can also try using paypal sandbox, if you havent already go to https://developer.pa...ations/accounts
Login with your current paypal account, and create new "test accounts" with any balance (you can setup $500,$1000, etc)

Then, get your API credentials there and try them in your paypal module.

Thanks, im goin to try!!!

mobiquio

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

My paypal payment option is not showing up on the available payment methods when trying to do the checkout.

Prestashop: 1.5.4
Paypal module: 1.2.1

I've tried the Live and Sandbox mode, with valid credentials and API settings.

is this a bug???

Using USA and Canada as available countries, USD and EUR currencies by default.

No errors displayed, its like it was disabled but it is ENABLED.

Screenshots attached.

I have the same exact problem, I have installed many of the previous versions in the past and I have never had any problems setting up modules.

I just downloaded and installed 1.5.4 an hour ago and just like always the first modules i install are UPS, FEDEX and PayPal. All was going good till I installed the PayPal Module. I added both Sandbox as well as live API credentials and also saved the module and payment configurations.

I then went to try my first checkout and nothing NO PayPal option only the default bank wire and check payments were available. I double checked if the module was disabled in fact I quadruple check to see if I was missing something. But Still Nothing......

So I search google and also searched prestashop forum which lead me to this post. There must be something wrong.

This is the first time I tried to install PS on godaddy servers maybe that could be a problem I know godaddy is garbage but its what my client has. I even check that all the file permissions are correct and uninstalled, reinstalled, reset, disabled and enabled a few time but still nothing.

I really don't have time for this to be broken, Please someone tell me what the last stable version is so I can install it and get this work done.

jazzin

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

Thanks, im goin to try!!!

I have the same exact problem, I have installed many of the previous versions in the past and I have never had any problems setting up modules.

I just downloaded and installed 1.5.4 an hour ago and just like always the first modules i install are UPS, FEDEX and PayPal. All was going good till I installed the PayPal Module. I added both Sandbox as well as live API credentials and also saved the module and payment configurations.

I then went to try my first checkout and nothing NO PayPal option only the default bank wire and check payments were available. I double checked if the module was disabled in fact I quadruple check to see if I was missing something. But Still Nothing......

So I search google and also searched prestashop forum which lead me to this post. There must be something wrong.

This is the first time I tried to install PS on godaddy servers maybe that could be a problem I know godaddy is garbage but its what my client has. I even check that all the file permissions are correct and uninstalled, reinstalled, reset, disabled and enabled a few time but still nothing.

I really don't have time for this to be broken, Please someone tell me what the last stable version is so I can install it and get this work done.

Were you able to figure out a solution for this? I am having the same problem. I just switched to Prestashop, and so far it has been a total pain getting PayPal, UPS, and USPS to work.

Edited by jazzin, 19 August 2013 - 10:40 PM.

kornett

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

I have my shop at Godaddy too (shared linux), and I solved this issue but I did so many things that I can't tell what was the real fix, but here is what I found:

I read there were some issues with the module while using different languages, this because paypal could detect a language according to the country of your visitor, and that language might not match your store language.
The other thing would be the currencies, for example if you have the language "French" you need to enable the Euro Currency.

This is my current configuration, you can set all the same and see if it works for you:

Modules-> Payment

Currency Restriction:
Dollar, Euros (checked)
click Save Restricions (this is important even if you make no changes)

Group Restricions:
Visitor,Guest,Customer (checked)

Country Restrictions:
All Checked.

Then under your Paypal module select "configure" submit
I have "Paypal Payments Standard" (the free plan I have on paypal)

Important: Even if it is selected, click on "Enable selected products" button, so it will overwrite.

Put your API credentials (live or sandbox)

Save again.

As you can see, all I did was click SAVE on each option, to overwrite each setting. That worked for me!

Hope this helps.

lrichil

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

I have the same problem. I think is a bug. Check this out: http://forge.prestas...02<br /><br />If anyone have any info please do share.

lrichil

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

Kornett can you tell me which module version are u using and also de prestashop version. Also the kind of items/user for the cart checkout. I've been reading this issue is related to taxes charge so it could be shown in the checkout if you set items in some way or something like that.

Thanks, let's hope this is solved soon.

jazzin

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

I am still unable to get PayPal advanced to show up as well. PayPal standard seems to be working fine. I am using Prestashop version 1.5.4 and module version 1.2.1.

lrichil

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

What do you mean by Paypal Standard. I've only seen two modules: Europe and USA-Canada-Mexico. Do you have the link to download it?

jazzin

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:13 PM

What do you mean by Paypal Standard. I've only seen two modules: Europe and USA-Canada-Mexico. Do you have the link to download it?

I am using the USA-Canada module. I was able to set up PayPal standard with this module, but not PayPal advanced.

lrichil

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

Ah ok I get it then. I'm also trying to set the Standard mode for now. I seem the issue is the different versions I have version 1.2.5 which is the new one.

klaus777

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

Do you guys see the credit card option after setting up Paypal US-Canada standard? I canly checkout as Paypal user with paypal account

jazzin

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

Do you guys see the credit card option after setting up Paypal US-Canada standard? I canly checkout as Paypal user with paypal account

I have the credit card option with standard.

AZ SnakePit

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

Can I add a "me too" to this issue, with slightly different version information:

PayPal USA, Canada Installed  Version :  1.2.5

Prestashop version: 1.5.3.1

The issue is still the same: the PayPal module is enabled, I've given it my API information, and Currency Restrictions, Group Restrictions and Country Restrictions all show the PayPal module as checked. However, when checking out, I get the error, "No payment modules have been installed." I'm stumped, and am seriously considering giving up on Prestashop, because this is so annoying!

Any help would, obviously, be welcome. :)

Cory Heikel

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

running prestashop 1.5.5.0

paypal usa, canada 1.2.5

paypal advanced

Experiencing the same problem. No payment method available. module is enabled, using only us dollars, have saved all the currency information. Really need a fix for this.

This was working as of 8/30

Edited by cheikel, 07 September 2013 - 02:39 AM.

stevierayhall

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

I am brand new trying to add Presta Shop and PayPal Advanced to my website.  I get an error on my setup page for Advanced Settings

Your PayPal Manager Configuration crendentials are not valid, please double-check their values or contact PayPal.

Everything looks right, any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users