Error:cache/class_index.php is not writable, please give write permissions (chmod 666) on this file.

Hi Silvana,

Did you turn on caching recently? It seems that it is not possible for PrestaShop to write to your cache file. Therefore you need to change the file permissions:

- Login to your host

- start cPanel (or similar)

- start file manager application

- browse to the Prestashop root folder and then to the cache folder

There you should see a file class_index.php, and at the far right end a column with 'permissions'. Probably the current permissions are different from what is requested (644). Probably something like 544 or 555 or so.

- Select the file.

- At the top of the file manager you see a button change permissi(ons). Click on it.

- Change the permissions to 6 4 4 and press the Change permissions- button

See if it helped by doing the same as you did before when you got the error.

Hope it helps,

pascal.

• Like 1

I fixed that problem and then I got another one. Can you check my site? This is my test run www.shopusa.cl/tienda It is not live yet, because I have issues with the header logo...if you see the original template, it looks perfect.

http://addons.prestashop.com/demo/FO2001.html

I am not an expert and I am trying to learn. The people I paid to develop the site have taken over 3 months, so I decided to cancel the agreement with them and go out on my own.

Thanks again for everything.

A few things I see:

in /themes/<your themes folder>/css/global.css (line 596), change:

#header {

z-index: 10;

height: 176px;

width: 1002px;

position: relative;

}

in /themes/<your themes folder>/css/modules/blockpermanentlinks/blockpermanentlinks.css, change

ul#header_links {

background: url("../../../img/link_bg.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;

display: inline;

float: left;

height: 38px;

list-style-type: none;

padding-left: 0px;

padding-right: 0;

position: absolute;

left: -211px;

text-align: right;

top: 122px;

width: 969px;

z-index: 2;

}

<div id="slider" class="nivoSlider" style="width:980px;height:300px;display:inline-block;left: 12px;">

Thanks. Tried everything you told me and I got things back in line. My problem though is that my logo is still blurry and I can't seem to get a better resolution.

If you look at the template, they have 2 logos in the banner. *logo.jg and topbanner0.

I tried dividing my logo in two: one with just the Shop USA logo and the other one with the words Shop USA, but I don't know how to insert them in the top banner.

Sorry to be so useless!

• 1 year later...

See if you have the Cache folder in the root of the store, it can happen that you have moved or deleted by mistake. If you are sure you have 644 permissions and files 755 With that solved it.  if you don't have it, copy from original prestashop files, same version, and it should work.

Edited by Paulo Ossa (see edit history)

See if you have the Cache folder in the root of the store, it can happen that you have moved or deleted by mistake. If you are sure you have 644 permissions and files 755 With that solved it.  if you don't have it, copy from original prestashop files, same version, and it should work.

you reversed permissions, folders 755 files 644 .htaccess 664 (for most typical permission settings).