New products don't show up in Frontstore unless refreshing browser

Sorry if someone already posted this issue, but I haven't find nothing, maybe I used the wrong keywords...

Here's what happens: If I change something in BO (add a new product, or change quantity or a price) the update doesn't show up in frontstore unless... the customer refreshes the page of his browser!

I've tried to figure out how cache works, but I am not an expert (actually I am shocked how i managed to get here with ps!).

Any step by step suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Well, refresh is necessary to see changes in the front office. I think that i don't understand you well.

For example, you've got product page. you're on it (in front office) then you changed something in BO (related to this product, for example: price).

now you have to refresh front office to see changes.

right?

if so, i have to say this is how all of this works.

i think that your issue is a bit different, have you tried to clear the cache?

Thanks for answering. Here's the problem:Let's say a customer visits my shop, and after that I make some changes (eg. new products, etc), When the customer visits the shop again (I tried three days after) he sees the old version, unless HE presses F5 on his browser. I tried handling cache, blowfish, manually deleting smarty folders... I am running out of ideas.

I suppose is something related to hosting. Possible?

it looks like the problem is with cache in the browser, not in the store

for example, check this:

1) view website in the chrome browser

2) change something in your store, for example: price

3) open store in different browser

changes appear? if so, the problem is with cache in browser - not in store.

SOLVED: I tried with different PCs, different OS and different browsers. Problem is the same. I am not an expert, but I worked on this issue by pure logic :)

I thought that browser in some way "compares" the page in his own cache with the one on the server, maybe with some sort of ID or via creation date, i really don't know. So maybe PS updates his pages "spontaneously" every, let's say, a week.

Well, here's the solution that worked for me.

1) via FTP find .htaccess file

2) edit it with Notepad and find the part with "<IfModule mod_expires.c>"

3) delete his content and add "ExpiresActive Off"

The resulting content should be

<IfModule mod_expires.c>

ExpiresActive Off

</IfModule>

This worked for me.

Now, asking you experts just for curiosity... Do you think this issue can be caused by some setting of the hosting partner, which tries to "keep down" traffic? Because i Installed PS in a free web hosting space to "play" with settings without destroying my entire work, and I hadn't this problem, even with the original content of .htaccess. Thanks for your opinions.

definitely yes, this issue is caused by your hosting plan settings.

Mod_expires manipulates the Expires headers returned from the hosting server, letting you control how long a client's Web browser caches resources. You want to tune the duration of your caching to optimize performance while still considering how often you update the resource.

• Like 1