[SOLVED]friendly URL field (English)/(Bulgarian) is invalid

Hello,

I have a problem: I cannot edit and change product details in BO after update to PS1.5.4 - this is only for products created before the update. All product after the update are ok.

I receive the following error:

2 errors:

the friendly URL field (English) is invalid

the friendly URL field (Bulgarian) is invalid

or 1 error for one of the languages.

I used to receive 6 errors for six languages but I deleted langugages that I will not use. So now I have two languages and one or two errors left now.

Please any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Edited by babyboombg.com (see edit history)

ok, if I don`t use them in URL and if I use english letters, then I receive only 1 error:the friendly URL field (Bulgarian) is invalid. Another thing is that I cannot change anything in CMS pages because they are also in Bulgarian... Is there any resolution for all this?

thank you

I mean that when I try to add or edit some info in CMS page I receive error that THE LINK FIELD IN BULGARIAN IS INVALID.

Tehn when I try to edit info in products that are created before update 1.5.4 I receive 2 errors- THE FRIENDLY URL FIELD IN ENGLISH IS INAVLID AND the same Error for Bulgarian or just one error for one of the languages so I cannot save any change of a product that is created before update

Thank you

Edited by babyboombg.com (see edit history)

Do you have Accented URL in SEOnURLs section enabled? If you don't enable it you can't use accented (or any special characters, including Cyrillic letters).

This should do the job for product URL rewriting and should also enable you to have Cyrillic letters in CMS' SEO URLs...

This is a new setting introduced in 1.5.4 and before that you had to tweak the system in order to work.

If you need more assistance in Bulgarian you can reach me in private message ;)

Edited by the.rampage.rado (see edit history)
  • Like 1

@Nemo1 - I think google speaks quite good russian and bulgarian so we have no problem.

Little issue I found few months back - when I try to change the CMS pages friendly urls it's working great. If like to change let's say 'cart' or 'address' or 'new-products' with the proper phrases in Bulgarian (Cyrillic letters) it's working for a while and then it gives 404 - the links are back to the original values (which are copied from English). I can't understand why it's working for a while and then suddenly it's f*cked up.

It's only happening for pages listed in SEO&URLs section.

Like I said CMS pages are OK for Cyrillic letters.

@Nemo1 - I think google speaks quite good russian and bulgarian so we have no problem.

Little issue I found few months back - when I try to change the CMS pages friendly urls it's working great. If like to change let's say 'cart' or 'address' or 'new-products' with the proper phrases in Bulgarian (Cyrillic letters) it's working for a while and then it gives 404 - the links are back to the original values (which are copied from English). I can't understand why it's working for a while and then suddenly it's f*cked up.

It's only happening for pages listed in SEO&URLs section.

Like I said CMS pages are OK for Cyrillic letters.

Yes, but here is what they say

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I up this Post, cause I've the same problem :

I cant save any changing in products files when product'sTitle has special characters (accents in fact).

So, I've enabled the option Accented URL in SEOnURLs section

And now it works well, but my problem is that i didn't leave the special characters in the URLs ... :

I changed the URL every time (because of "google suggests not to use accented charaters" ), so even if there wasn't any special characters in the URL (only in the product's title), I couldn't save the changings ...until I enable the option...

Can it cause problems later ? Or it's just "strange" but as it works, and as far as i dont leave accents in the URLs, I can leave enable this option "Accented URL in SEOnURLs " ?

:)Thanks a lot

• 6 months later...

Yes , 

$this->fields_list = array(
            'url' => array(
                'title' => $this->l('ID'),
                'align' => 'center',
                'width' => 25
            )
);
in my table in the database I have this attribute with varchar type, it is saved in the form https://www ... , so
I like to put this field with  clickable value in the fields_list .

i like to add for example a type here 

$this->fields_list = array(
            'url' => array(
                'title' => $this->l('ID'),
                'align' => 'center',
                 'type' =>'link',
                'width' => 25
            )
);
to make the field clickable.