[solved in 1.5.4.1] Fix the Translation Bug in 1.5.4 n-o-w !

Fix bugs!! And don't tell me to make a report on forge.. There are plenty of them for this issue and none of them is fixed!!

yeah!!!!!! More than 40 day's from report (and more reports before from others), 1 stable (!!!!!!! loool) version and still calculations are wrong

ahahah Earning my points for the attachment! :D

image rocks hahaha

yeah!!!!!! More than 40 day's from report (and more reports before from others), 1 stable (!!!!!!! loool) version and still calculations are wrong

I'm waiting as well :)

Guys here is the solution!! Back to 1.5.2 .. According to me it's the most stable 1.5 version till now.. And I suppose for a long time on... :P

This is the solution:

You have to edit file AdminTranslationsController.php

in line 2565:

if ($this->theme_selected != self::DEFAULT_THEME_NAME || !PS_MODE_DEV)

and truncate it to:

if ($this->theme_selected != self::DEFAULT_THEME_NAME)

and second step:

line 1335, too.

if ($this->theme_selected == self::DEFAULT_THEME_NAME && PS_MODE_DEV)

it should be:

if ($this->theme_selected == self::DEFAULT_THEME_NAME)

Edited by doigro (see edit history)
  • Like 2

This is the solution:

You have to edit file AdminTranslationsController.php

in line 2565:

if ($this->theme_selected != self::DEFAULT_THEME_NAME || !PS_MODE_DEV)

and truncate it to:

if ($this->theme_selected != self::DEFAULT_THEME_NAME)

and second step:

line 1335, too.

if ($this->theme_selected == self::DEFAULT_THEME_NAME && PS_MODE_DEV)

it should be:

if ($this->theme_selected == self::DEFAULT_THEME_NAME)

This worked for me :)

• Like 1

Okay

If you want to attract members don't organize expos in Madrid.. Fix bugs!! And don't tell me to make a report on forge.. There are plenty of them for this issue and none of them is fixed!!

Hi, we are trying to permanently fix the translation issue. We need your feedback. Could somebody please test this version and confirm if it works for you. That way we can release it into the master version asap.

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/archive/development.zip

This worked for me :)

Hi Fabio, does this new version not solve the issue? https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/archive/development.zip

I still get a mix between english and portuguese (even at the backoffice).

Updated from 1.5.3.1 to 1.5.4

I've a 100% portuguese translated installation (1.5.3.1)

Hi, could you post screenshots of the Portuguese-English mix?

doigro's solution worked like a charm! Thx a lot!

I don't think it solves THIS issue:

If you use theme other than "default" and don't overwrite ALL module tpl files in /theme/themename/modules/modulename/modulename.tpl then these modules are not translated. In all previous versions, default translations from modules directory was used in such case. The only workaround in 1.5.4 with custom theme, is to copy tpl files of ALL modules you want to use to /theme/themename/modules/ directory EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T MAKE ANY CHANGES in those files.

I tried the fix described above and it doesn't solve this problem. Can anyone confirm? Does anyone have better solution instead of rewriting all module's files?

Edited by webplus (see edit history)

hey Benjamin, i mean that translations works fine in prestashop 1.5.4.1.

moreover, the method pasted by doigro works for 1.5.4.0 (For me, and for other community members to, Nemo1 said that for him doigro solution works too)

• 1 month later...
what errors you've got? please paste it here

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/blocknewsletter/mails/si/newsletter_conf.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/blocknewsletter/mails/si/newsletter_verif.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/blocknewsletter/mails/si/newsletter_voucher.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/blockwishlist/mails/si/wishlink.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/blockwishlist/mails/si/wishlist.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/followup/mails/si/followup_1.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/followup/mails/si/followup_2.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/followup/mails/si/followup_3.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/followup/mails/si/followup_4.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/mailalerts/mails/si/customer_qty.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/mailalerts/mails/si/new_order.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/mailalerts/mails/si/productcoverage.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/mailalerts/mails/si/productoutofstock.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/paypal/mails/si/error_reporting.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/referralprogram/mails/si/referralprogram-congratulations.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/referralprogram/mails/si/referralprogram-invitation.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/referralprogram/mails/si/referralprogram-voucher.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/sendtoafriend/mails/si/send_to_a_friend.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/blocknewsletter/mails/si/newsletter_conf.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/blocknewsletter/mails/si/newsletter_verif.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/blocknewsletter/mails/si/newsletter_voucher.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/blockwishlist/mails/si/wishlink.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/blockwishlist/mails/si/wishlist.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/followup/mails/si/followup_1.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/followup/mails/si/followup_2.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/followup/mails/si/followup_3.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/followup/mails/si/followup_4.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/mailalerts/mails/si/customer_qty.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/mailalerts/mails/si/new_order.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/mailalerts/mails/si/productcoverage.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/mailalerts/mails/si/productoutofstock.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/paypal/mails/si/error_reporting.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/referralprogram/mails/si/referralprogram-congratulations.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/referralprogram/mails/si/referralprogram-invitation.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/referralprogram/mails/si/referralprogram-voucher.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/themes/default/modules/sendtoafriend/mails/si/send_to_a_friend.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1457 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php:1457) in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/classes/Tools.php on line 141

it looks like permissions issue or files mentioned in the error codes don't exist.

can you check the path, for example, this: /themes/default/modules/referralprogram/mails/si/referralprogram-voucher.txt

does this file exist?

I tried again. The same. It looks like waste of time. :angry:

Hi hitri, you can trust us when we say that the problem in this thread is Solved. You are experiencing a separate problem with your configuration. Have you tried installing the package on a localinstall? That could show you that the package and translation functions are working.

I tried everything. I found out that 'mails' folder is missing in /themes/default/ and /themes/default/modules/. I copied those two from root, now it works somehow but I'm getting warning: Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/.../web/themes/default/modules/Prestashop Product Tabs User Guide.pdf/mails/) is not within the allowed path(s):.....

Could it be a bug?

Hi hitri, you shouldn't have to do all of that. Can you tell me what your chmod permission set is for your PrestaShop folders and files?

I've tried with 777, it was the same. I made this in desperation. :(

Okay, have you tried 755? Sometimes that's the most a server will go. It's a server/hosting issue because I know that if you try it on a localhost (and most hosting companies) it will work. I want to help you but this is a strange case. Have you contacted your hosting company about this? Maybe they have additional error logs that will help.

Not yet used to using 1.5.4.1 (am upgrading from 1.4). For all the ones new to 1.5.4: Just found out, when using a theme other than the default, you should select translations + theme name in backoffice to get access to the correct translation files.

Edited by sannie (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...