Free Shipping!

Jonj1611

The free shipping that shows up in the cart is a bit annoying, is there anyway to change it so it just shows 0.00 ??

I can see on the forge.prestashop site it has been fixed within the last month, but the latest version I am running is 1.5.3.1 which I believe dates from December, how do I get that fix?

Thank you

The problem from what i can tell is that when no shipping method is selected shipping is free. This happens when a guest is strolling through your site (not logged in) or when a registered user is logged in but has no active address.

So how do we change the code to say something like... No address = 'not available', 'N/A', 'Please sign in.' or some other descriptor that best suits our needs. We have a 'free' shipper available only to a certain group so we don't want to adjust the global translations.

So does anybody have a code idea so that when no shipper is specifically selected the default is NOT 'Free Shipping!'?

Prestashop should change this default behavior to something more clear and understanding. Most people don't provide free shipping.

I'm trying to add the following code into the shopping-cart.tpl file so that it is clear to shoppers that the shipping and tax provided ($0.00) in not correct until logged in. But I can't seem to find the right place to accomplish this. Looking for the right 'if' statement so it goes away once an address is provided.

<p class="warning">{l s='Please sign in to see correct tax and shipping amounts.'}</p>

Any Ideas?

Edited by dsgnmind (see edit history)

Does anyone have any updates on this? I can see fixes have been made but they don't seem to be included anywhere, it's a real problem for me and have tried contacting the author of Prestashop by everyway possible but no reply at all.

All I want is for it to show 0.00 instead of free shipping :/

Really? I hope thats not the case as I have been trying to get this sorted for quite a long time, I really like Prestashop but will have to change to something else if I can't get this one issue sorted. Over all the problems I have had I can usually find a work around but something saying free shipping when it's not is a real problem both from a professional point of view and a legal one, well for us in the UK anyway.

Alright. complaining aside - still looking for someone to help out on my previous request. I think a strong community can overcome any company so if we all start providing our learned experience here the forums will be more helpful for everyone -including those looking to make a buck.

As a professional interior designer I am not threatened by every betty home maker who wants my professional advice. I charge real clients (Large Companies, Restaurants, Hotels) real money for real service (Designing a whole restaurants say) I think the same can be said for any discipline ... if you are reading this and feel I should pay you $10 to fix my little problem then you are not all that 'professional' you're a dirty needy little person. If you want a professional site then pay for it. I'm just looking for a bone here and there - nothing - honestly all the fancy about it. So get over yourself if you know the answers to some questions on the forums and are holding back or want to charge some ridiculous amount for a simple module. There are good real modules out there and some crap. Some great themes and some crap.

Now back to the questions at hand.

Our current work around is...

a) change the instance of 'Free Shipping!' in the cart summary page to '$0.00' via BO > translations > cart-summary

B) modify blockcart to provide only the Sub-total (Total of products minus any discounts/vouchers) and not any tax or shipping. (We have successfully removed the shipping heading from blockcart but not from the $AMOUNT shown - some help here would be awesome. This issue is also posted here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/228170-help-for-removing-shipping-costs/page__fromsearch__1)

c) Provide a warning on the cart summary page that states tax and shipping are not correct and that they need to sign in or provide an address to see correct tax and shipping amounts. This question is posted above - still looking for help here as well. More or less looking to trigger a warning to go away when an address is supplied.

• Like 1

Just checking, did you try to just translate the term free shipping in the Front office translations already?

Localization->Translations:

front Office Translations and press your language (American flag for English "alternative" wording)

Search for free shipping

there are a few, so see which one might be the one(s) you need. Probably a few of them.

Then in the translation field on the right, just write: 0.00

Give it a try,

pascal

Dsgnmind,

Thanks for the tip. However I still get free shipping link to the carrier.

I need the shipping field blank.

I to deal with Restaurants and the can order a Walk In that requires installation or a fork that can ship UPS. A 1000 forks and it ship by truck.

I have been on hold with PS for the last 28min by Erik.

Shipping should not be the killer for this program.

Just checking, did you try to just translate the term free shipping in the Front office translations already?

front Office Translations and press your language (American flag for English "alternative" wording)

Search for free shipping

there are a few, so see which one might be the one(s) you need. Probably a few of them.

Give it a try,

pascal

yes I have done this. Another person in a different forum suggests editing the shoppingcart.tpl file and removing the Free Shipping! but leaving the ' ' Quotes that then autofills when shipping is provided. But I haven't tried this but makes sense.

The reason WE want to remove shipping from the blockcart is because people will have a tendency to run up their sub-total and buy more before checking out. If you provide the full total they might stop shopping.

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for your response.

As far as I can see in the code, It only adds a special case when there are NO products in the cart, then it won't say free shipping. In all other cases, it will be the same as before. This giving still problems as described above...

Desgnmind,

A long time ago I took out the shipping costs from my front office, during the product selection pages. It only shows when I am at the order (checkout) page. Is that what you want?

I did some change in the blockcart.tpl fil for that:

<p id="cart-prices">
<span>{l s='Total products' mod='blockcart'}</span>
                       <span id="cart_block_total" class="price ajax_cart_total">{$productTotal}</span>
{if $page_name == 'order'}  // I added this smarty if command
                       <div>
<span>{l s='Shipping' mod='blockcart'}</span>
<span id="cart_block_shipping_cost" class="price ajax_cart_shipping_cost">{$shipping_cost}</span> </div>
{/if}   // and its end tag...

code is from 1.6.4.2, but should be similar, I think.

Hope that helps,

Pascal

Benjamin,

Glad someone from PS is reading. However in your own comment you state "a temporary work around".

What about an actual fix. And a fix should not cost $400.00. (yes I know its an on going charge) but you need to spend it to get this.

Search for free shipping

Give it a try,

pascal

Unfortunately, this is an issue but also Pascals workaround seems the most user-friendly. I also use this with my shop. The only additional thing to make sure you change in translations is under "INSTALLED MODULE TRANSLATIONS" from the dropdown menu and make sure you change the blockcart translation especially if you have a different theme.

Desgnmind,

A long time ago I took out the shipping costs from my front office, during the product selection pages. It only shows when I am at the order (checkout) page. Is that what you want?

I did some change in the blockcart.tpl fil for that:

<p id="cart-prices">
<span>{l s='Total products' mod='blockcart'}</span>
					<span id="cart_block_total" class="price ajax_cart_total">{$productTotal}</span>
{if $page_name == 'order'}  // I added this smarty if command
					<div>
<span id="cart_block_shipping_cost" class="price ajax_cart_shipping_cost">{$shipping_cost}</span> </div>
{/if}   // and its end tag...

code is from 1.6.4.2, but should be similar, I think.

Hope that helps,

Pascal

Yes. Looking to completely remove shipping (the heading and how it is calculated into the amount shown) from blockcart.

We are using 1.5.3.1 blockcart module says 1.2

@Pascal Can you show a before / after of the code change? I'm not a programmer, just a good problem solver!

Here is what looks to be the relevant code from blockcart.tpl looks like.

<p id="cart-prices">
 {*
  <span id="cart_block_shipping_cost" class="price ajax_cart_shipping_cost">{$shipping_cost}</span>
  <br/>

I think this thread is beyond simply changing things in BO > Translations. That is a good starting point for others reading this thread though. As stated before we have already changed 'Free Shipping!' to '$0.00'. but in the long run that is not going to work so our preference is to remove it completely from the blockcart. I've attached an image of what we currently have. Note: already removed the heading of 'Shipping:' but the shipping amount is still being calculated in the total - which we changed to 'Sub-Total:'

post-442115-0-03205500-1365457364_thumb.jpg

I agree, Ideally a fix is in order.

Try commenting that section out that you posted with <!-- some code -->

and see if that give you the desired result. I also have this on my own site if you want to see how it looks

with that section commented out.

<!--<span id="cart_block_shipping_cost" class="price ajax_cart_shipping_cost">{$shipping_cost}</span>
<span>{l s='Shipping' mod='blockcart'}</span>-->

Edited by Whispar1 (see edit history)

I agree, Ideally a fix is in order.

Try commenting that section out that you posted with <!-- some code -->

and see if that give you the desired result. I also have this on my own site if you want to see how it looks

with that section commented out.

<!--<span id="cart_block_shipping_cost" class="price ajax_cart_shipping_cost">{$shipping_cost}</span>
<span>{l s='Shipping' mod='blockcart'}</span>-->

Did exactly that - nothing! Shipping cost still shows up in our 'Sub-total:'

Also cleared cookies, cache and turned ajax off and back on for good measure.

I also tried this additional info from this post: http://www.prestasho...-the-main-page/

This is how I removed all the informations about shipping:

• Go to “blockcart.tpl” and comment out these lines:
    <span id="cart_block_shipping_cost"
    class="price ajax_cart_shipping_cost">{$shipping_cost}</span>
    <br/>
  • In the same file, find this line:
    <span id="cart_block_total" class="price ajax_block_cart_total">
    {$total}</span>
    and replace {$total} with {$product_total}:
    <span id="cart_block_total" class="price ajax_block_cart_total">{$product_total}</span>
  • Probably the “AJAX mode” is on so you “must” edit also the “ajax-cart.js” file which exists in “blockcart” folder in “modules” folder. Open it and go to line 560. Replace :
    $('.ajax_block_cart_total').text(jsonData.total);
    with this :
    $('.ajax_block_cart_total').text(jsonData.productTotal);

Seems there is no difference - shipping is just not leaving my 'Sub-total:'

So either...

a> I'm not clearing something right for the changes to take affect

b> the shipping amount is being pulled in from some other file i haven't yer touched

c> The changes provided so far in this thread are cutting it for 1.5.3.1

Try this: In blockcart.php change this line:

'total' => Tools::displayPrice($totalToPay, $currency),

to this

'total' => Tools::displayPrice($params['cart']->getOrderTotal($useTax, Cart::BOTH_WITHOUT_SHIPPING), $currency),

Works with 1.5.3.1

Ah...! now we are getting somewhere.

I see what you are getting at - just change the definition of 'total'.

Question though - will this cause any issue elsewhere - or is it purely for the display of the ajax cart.

I tested using a voucher and so far so good!

The previous suggestion then should work as well but why didn't it! Just curious.

Thanks Whispar1

I will continue to test it out.

With Whispar1's last tip I was able to solve the first part of our issue. At least part one dealing specifically with blockcart. For part two dealing with shopping checkout summary, there is a link below.

So to wrap up - this is a summary of our fix for part one. I understand this isn't for everybody.

We decided to go with editing out the element of shipping in blockcart.tpl under the Root\themes\YOURTHEMEFOLDER\modules\blockcart

the code

<span id="cart_block_shipping_cost" class="price ajax_cart_shipping_cost">{$shipping_cost}</span>
  <br/>

is now modified to this code

<br/>-->

We desired the cartblock to show a Sub-Total (Total of Products minus any Vouchers) rather then the grand Total. Why? We think customers will add more to their cart if they only see the dollar amount of products without tax or shipping until checkout. You could of course go the other direction and add the tax. But that is a different thread.

To change 'Total' to Sub-Total:' we again changed the blockcart.tpl file previously mentioned.

from

<span>{l s='Total' mod='blockcart'}</span>

to

<span>{l s='Sub-Total:' mod='blockcart'}</span>

Yes, you could do this through translations as well. Your choice. We are not planning to upgrade any time so we don't care. You might.

The last part for us was to now remove the shipping from the Total order amount. To do that we went with Whisper's advice and changed the definition of 'total' by editing the blockcart.php file under Root\modules\blockcart

from this (around line 113)

'total' => Tools::displayPrice($totalToPay, $currency),

to this

'total' => Tools::displayPrice($params['cart']->getOrderTotal($useTax, Cart::BOTH_WITHOUT_SHIPPING), $currency),

its just a copy of the definition above.

So far this works for us. Again this is a multi-faceted issue, working out dealing with how prestashop defaults to 'Free Shipping!' Every shop is different with different carriers. For us this works and are again moving on the the shopping summary page side of things...

Jonji1611 started this thread - is their question answered? For us dealing with specifically the Free Shipping issue and the blockcart we are so far satisfied with the result from the above modifications. Thanks for helping. We are grateful to those that find the community an asset!

Now to deal with the chopping cart summary: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/235000-another-free-shipping-concernmod/page__fromsearch__1

It's great that there are fantastic users on here getting involved and trying to fix this issue.

For a shop system though this should have been something that was fixed a long time ago.

dsgnmind - This thread has gained a lot of traction in the last couple of days and I was waiting to see what the final resolution was from the people like yourself changing the code etc before I had a go on the site I am working on. I will give it a go today and report back. I think my problem was the same as everyone else's so hopefully the shipping changes will work ok.

But as I said will give it a go :)

Thanks to every single person that contributed to this thread :)

@PistolPete > Take a good look around the prestshop files that make up your site that are on your server. My previous post refers to a file under your Root (the server or wherever you installed prestashop) then the folder 'themes' then the theme folder of the theme that you have loaded (we have 8, yes 8 themes - you know a few colored for the holidays) then a folder called 'modules' then a folder called 'blockcart'. In that folder you should see a file called blockcart.tpl

In other words:

Root\themes\THEMEFOLDER\modules\blockcart\blockcart.tpl

The file for the cart summary is....

Root\themes\THEMEFOLDER\cart-summary.tpl

@tdr170: I saw that post on forge a while ago when you where helping me out with the cart summary and the order of totals. Doing the $0.00 provides a temp fix in blockcart we decided to delete it all together and make blockcar show a Sub-total. Now if you happen to know how to create a Warning and make it go away in the cart summary page please let me know here: http://www.prestasho...__fromsearch__1

;-)

I do not know what change it made as I do not see it.

I did as was posted above change in the Language portion all free shipping references to" = To be confirmed upon confirmation".

I also made it say under the carrier portion, by adding my own carrier, "To be determined by carrier".

All this does make it so that a customer cannot just click and buy. For me this will work as freight is a big deal. Some items cost more to ship

then the the item itself when purchased in small qty.

To see my fix go to pistolpetesstore / com