Canada Post Rates Calculator & Shipping Estimation Module Problems

Hi everyone, I hope you can offer some help.

I'm running a test store right now (I'm currently using an older version of osCommerce), and I'm glad I haven't gone live yet because found a few bugs related to the Canada Post Rates Calculator 1.1. I'm currently using PS 1.5.3.1 and Shipping Estimation 1.2.

1.) Rate shows as "free shipping" when customer not logged in, regardless of multi-page checkout or single page. I don't have any free shipping options available (not even a "pickup" carrier) so this is baffling. My default carrier is set to "best price", although even if I change it to an actual carrier (e.g. Expedited) shipping still shows as free. Edit: Solved this myself by editing the translation text to say "calculate" instead of "free!" but technically it's still broken.

2.) Priority Worldwide rates do not appear. I have Priority Worldwide USA and Priority Worldwide INTL enabled as carriers, I've double-checked the zones, weight restrictions, etc. as well as my service settings at CP SellOnline. In fact they're configured exactly the same way as my other Canada Post carriers but they're the only carriers that never come up when grabbing rates. The only reason I can think of is that Priority Worldwide requires a minimum package size of about 39x30cm, and my products have package sizes specified at 30x24cm or smaller.  I have tried enabling/disabling the "Priority Worldwide Pak" at SellOnline (which logic tells me is there so it can override smaller package sizes and prevent this from happening) but it makes no difference.

3.) Shipping Estimation module only works for Canadian addresses. If I try to slect another country, the page just sits there trying to load, nothing happens. I've given up on this module for now. Unless anyone found a way to fix it?

For others having issues with Priority Courier (which is Canadian addresses only): the syntax used to call Canada Post for Priority Courier isn't configured correctly. I knew from setting up osCommerce ages ago that it must be exact (i.e. "XPresspost International" not "XpressPost Intl"). For this service it should be only "Priority" not "Priority Courier". I found the source in modules/canadapost/sql-install.php and changed any instances of "Priority Courier" text appearing to just "Priority" and it worked great. smile.png

I'm not sure what documentation I can provide to illustrate the issues, but if you need any just let me know.

Edited by artofadornment (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

I'm still having problems with Priority Worldwide USA and Priority Worldwide INTL carriers not appearing in the shopping cart (see first post above). Honestly, I don't know what I've done wrong. Has anyone else has this problem, or have a suggestion how I might fix it?

I'm going to contact Canada Post about this, but I have feeling they're going to tell me to talk to a Prestashop developer (like they have with just about everything I've ever asked them).

Edit: fixed it myself. Like Priority Courier above, it was the syntax in modules/canadapost/sql-install.php. The first instance of each service MUST have underscores and is case-sensitive. So it's "PRIORITY_WORLDWIDE_USA" and "Priority_Worldwide_INTL". And you should NOT check the "Use Priority Worldwide Pak" box at SellOnline - go figure!

I'm still interested in a fix for the Shipping Estimation module... anyone?

Edited by artofadornment (see edit history)