[solved] 1.5.3.1. cart problem, login problem

Hi,

I started to use new version 1.5.3.1. and I tried to put order everything works well. Now one of our customer wrote me the problem about cart.

When I add product to cart, in cart appear 1 product, when I click to something else (for example other category), the cart is empty.

I find out by myself, that I cant login to my commerce (mean FO). BO login works well.

Where should be a problem? Oh my god!

Edited by Radek100 (see edit history)

I've seen products disappearing from cart only in google chrome and fixed it by clearing all shop domain cookies.

If your customer ordered with you before, tell him to clear cookies as well. It seems that a lot of problems are caused by faulty cookie (settings) when upgrading prestashop.

Hope this helps.

OMG good, thank you!! I changed all my settings in SEO&URL from domain.com to www.domain.com in the afternoon, I have no idea that it should make this problem! Now it works well.

You saved my life

you are most welcome...

and it is always nice to hit the like button

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)
  • Like 2

The interesting thing is, that the customer who wrote me about this problem, has still this problem... with cart under chrome... I adviced him to clean browser cache and cookies, but this didn't help him...

On the other hand, orders works... I tested chrome bymyself and it's ok for me. So something had to load to his computer, which keep the problem for him...

Any idea?

I've seen products disappearing from cart only in google chrome and fixed it by clearing all shop domain cookies.

If your customer ordered with you before, tell him to clear cookies as well. It seems that a lot of problems are caused by faulty cookie (settings) when upgrading prestashop.

Hope this helps.

Due to my #6 post, I would like to try clearing all shop domain cookies, but where it is or how can I do this, please?

Due to my #6 post, I would like to try clearing all shop domain cookies, but where it is or how can I do this, please?

In your browser

google clearing cookies in your chosen browser --- eg in chrome, firefox, internet explorer etc

In your browser

google clearing cookies in your chosen browser --- eg in chrome, firefox, internet explorer etc

Ok, I thought that, I wasn't sure if he is meaning some cookies on hosting or domain server.... So what should I advice to customer, when he has still the problem? I told him to try clean browser cache and cookies, but this didn't help him...

Ok, I thought that, I wasn't sure if he is meaning some cookies on hosting or domain server.... So what should I advice to customer, when he has still the problem? I told him to try clean browser cache and cookies, but this didn't help him...

pm me your url and I will try it from my computer

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)

I have done the fresh installation of PS 1.5.3.1 and have problems during log-in and log-out.

When i am logged in, the "blockuserinfo" module shows the message "Welcome Admin, Log out" in front-end which is OK.

But when i go to home page, the module shows "Welcome, Log in" even if i am logged in. This problem is seen only on home page.

I have to refresh the home page to get valid message, that is, "Welcome Admin, Log out".

Same case happens when i log-out. I mean when i click on log out, the home page still shows "Welcome Admin, Log out" instead of "Welcome Admin, Log in".

Its working fine on my localhost on all pages including home page but don't know what is wrong when i work online.

i have even cleared the browser cookies but the problem still remains and also i have tested in all browsers.

And also tried the solution provided in http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/213329-solved-153-fresh-install-can-not-log-into-front-officeadd-to-cart/ but not solved yet.

Note: Friendly URL is disabled from back-office.

Edited by templatin (see edit history)

@templatin - it sounds like an issue I'm experiencing from 1.5.1 till now.

If you have 'Apache optimization" it adds browser cache and deflate instructions - obviously mine hosting have problems with browser caching and FO and sometimes BO (pages like translations, etc) gives old version of the page.

CCC works fine it's not causing the problem for me.

Exactly as you described - log in/log out then open home page and you're looking at the old page (respectively you're logged out and logged in - which is wrong)

mod_deflate is not supported on my shared hosting so I removed those lines and also experimented and removed browser caching and now it works like a charm!

Could you test this situation - disable Apache optimization (if you have it enabled) and delete the rows for browser caching in htaccess?

Edited by the.rampage.rado (see edit history)

@the.rampage.rado - I did not enable the apache optimization. It was disabled by default after PS installation. So there is no way that those lines are generated in htaccess. I have shown below my htaccess file with edited domain name.

# ~~start~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again
# .htaccess automaticaly generated by PrestaShop e-commerce open-source solution
# http://www.prestashop.com - http://www.prestashop.com/forums
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.mydomain.com$
RewriteRule . - [E=REWRITEBASE:/mytheme/]
RewriteRule ^api/?(.*)$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}webservice/dispatcher.php?url=$1 [QSA,L]
</IfModule>
#If rewrite mod isn't enabled
ErrorDocument 404 /mytheme/index.php?controller=404
# ~~end~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again

Edited by templatin (see edit history)

• 2 months later...