Setup of Prestashop on dreamweaver

Gurnboy

Hello all

I have downloaded a copy of prestashop and extracted it to my desktop

I have downloaded XAMPP and set that up

I have created database using myphpadmin

I have set up local server on dreamweaver and seems to be working

I don't know what to do next and dreamweaver won't view the startup page to link the database etc

I have scoured the forum for vids and help but there seem to be little pieces missing which I'm not experienced enough to deal with

I have set up the default on my website no problem but want to change things around in dreamweaver which I have used before.

Please help

I have succeeded in viewing the pages now but I'm going through the setup pages on prestashop to connect to the database and install the tables, however this is where I get stuck. I have attached a screenshot. Am I supposed to do it this way?

Thanks in advance

post-432791-0-40642900-1353512682_thumb.jpg

To be fair I'm probably not the best person for this, but below are the links I used to get it sorted

install XAMPP and then create your database

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT7CQ1P2rRw

then create new site in dreamweaver, I think this is the link but it's not playing the vid at the mo

http://tv.adobe.com/...iew-navigation/

log in to localhost and go to the prestashop index file and complete the registration details as normal and voila you are good to go. below is another link that I found helpful. If you have any problems, note down what you've done and I'll try to help, good luck!

http://tv.adobe.com/...cms-frameworks/

Edited by Gurnboy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Thanks Vekia for your reply.

I am looking for the tools which will help me find and correct the errrors in the code (Debugging), version control and also for editing the whole project (It includes file types like php, tpl, js, css etc,. )

Thanks,

Gowtham

so if you want to control version, you mean that you want to be "connected" to prestashop's github?

dreamwaver in my opinion is good for html only, if you want powerful tool to debug php, mysql etc. you can use free eclipse or netbeans software.

if you've got some budget, you can use PHPdesigner. I'm developing alot, and im using it, im also on netbeans

• Like 1

so if you want to control version, you mean that you want to be "connected" to prestashop's github?

dreamwaver in my opinion is good for html only, if you want powerful tool to debug php, mysql etc. you can use free eclipse or netbeans software.

if you've got some budget, you can use PHPdesigner. I'm developing alot, and im using it, im also on netbeans

Thanks vekia,

I tried installing phpdesigner8 and i also like the interface. But when i try to debug, it shows the following errors.

1) Call to undefined function mysql_connect .

2)Class Db not found.

Please help me out to solve this problem.

Thanks, 

Gowtham.