Can't auto upgrade any version, same error every time.

Who can help me to upgrade on my local machine then upload to my web hosting?

I found the solution to migrating my shop from local to host in this topic. Took a little while to figure out but in the end it worked. Migrate you shop from local host to web host

Sadly, 1-Click Upgrade still doesn't work for me not even after to manually uploading the new Prestashop version via FTP and then doing the upgrade. Just got some message about database not being able to update.  :wacko: 

Me pasa lo mismo, al actualizar unos modulos me ha dado error en modulos superiores y solo desactivandolos se ve la tienda, he leido que actualizando la versión se arregla pero no me deja actualizarla (ver 1.5 a 1.6)

I feel the same, when updating a module has given me greater error in modules and disable them is only the store, I read that the updated version is fixed but not let me update (ver. 1.5 to 1.6)

post-777557-0-09546800-1395855081_thumb.png

• 3 months later...

Hey Everyone,

Thank you for your messages and feedback :)

This upgrade process has been working like a charm with most of the hosting providers, however we do experience several issues depending on your server's configuration.

The 1-click upgrade module has been improved (new version, v0.8.6) and we will continue to take into account your suggestions and issues.

Let me give you some clues to resolve this issue:

- Usually it happens if you have turned on PHP errors (/config/config.inc.php => display_errors)

- It can also happen if your server is returning a 500 error

To resolve this issue, I would suggest that you follow these steps:

Step 1: Make sure you have the latest version of the 1-click upgrade module (v0.8.6 today) and that you have backuped your files and database.

Step 2: Install a debugging tool

- Install Firebug if you are using Firefox, then press F12 and look at the "Console" tab.

The error should appear clearly in this tab and then you could post the screenshot here for some help.

or

- Use the native Google Chrome console if you are using Google Chrome.

In the same way, press F12 then go to "Network" and "XHR" (at the bottom), click on the .php script and the error should appear.

I am attaching two pictures to this topic to illustrate these methods.

Step 3: Upload manually the newest version to your FTP autoupgrade folder

This last week, we helped about 45 stores to upgrade, with various configurations.

Unfortunately, some hosting providers are experiencing issues with the download or unzip operation.

To avoid these two steps during the 1-click upgrade process you can:

a) Download on prestashop.com the version to which you would like to upgrade (let's say 1.4.9.0)

B) Extract it on your computer

c) Upload it to your FTP to: /admin/autoupgrade/latest/prestashop

d) Then, go back to the "1-click upgrade" module and select "More options (expert mode)"

e) Change the channel, instead of "Major release" select "Local directory"

f) Type "1.4.9.0" for "The directory /admin/autoupgrade/latest/prestashop/ will be used for upgrading to version"

g) Click "Save", you should see a confirmation message "Configuration successfully updated"

h) Click "Check if a new version is available", and the "Upgrade PrestaShop now" button should appear

i) Then, you can click on this button and the upgrade process will start, bypassing the download and unzip steps

My PMs inbox was full but it's now resolved. Please let me know if you need some help to perform the upgrade, the PrestaShop team and myself will be glad to assist you :)

Regards,

Hi,

I want to update prestashop from 1.4.8.2 to the last stable version.

I'm getting the same error : "Erreur Javascript (parseJSON) détectée pour l'action"upgradeNow".Début de la restauration ..."

When i try to debug with firebug, i see in the ajax response  : "wrong directory : admin1" where "admin1" is my renamed admin folder...

I'm stuck with this error, please help !!

Edited by Had (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I can't upgrade from 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.8

the error is still the same:

Javascript error (parseJSON) detected for action "upgradeNow".Starting restoration ...

Hey,

Usually this error message is due to a PHP error that occurred during the upgrade process.

I would suggest that you follow these steps to identify the error:

- Make sure display_errors is turned off in your PHP configuration. Sometimes a module would generate a warning message during the upgrade and "break" the JSON string sent from the PrestaShop's 1-click upgrade module. This would result in the message you got.

- If the previous tip did not work, then do the opposite, turn on PHP display_errors and open the "Console" in your web browser (usually by pressing F12). Click on "Network" and "XHR" (if you use Google Chrome) and click on the latest URL opened, you should see the PHP error that led to the error message you got.

Alternatively, you can also ask your hosting provider to turn on PHP log_errors and then look at the PHP error logs on your server.

I hope this helps :)

• 1 month later...

Got the same problem. getting this error in error.log file

[25-Sep-2014 11:21:26 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Illegal offset type in /modules/dashgoals/dashgoals.php on line 211
[25-Sep-2014 11:21:26 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Illegal offset type in /modules/dashgoals/dashgoals.php on line 211
[25-Sep-2014 11:21:26 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /modules/dashgoals/dashgoals.php on line 378
[25-Sep-2014 11:21:26 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /modules/dashgoals/dashgoals.php on line 378

• 2 months later...

Hey,

Usually this error message is due to a PHP error that occurred during the upgrade process.

- Make sure display_errors is turned off in your PHP configuration. Sometimes a module would generate a warning message during the upgrade and "break" the JSON string sent from the PrestaShop's 1-click upgrade module. This would result in the message you got.

- If the previous tip did not work, then do the opposite, turn on PHP display_errors and open the "Console" in your web browser (usually by pressing F12). Click on "Network" and "XHR" (if you use Google Chrome) and click on the latest URL opened, you should see the PHP error that led to the error message you got.

Alternatively, you can also ask your hosting provider to turn on PHP log_errors and then look at the PHP error logs on your server.

Thanks for the info, worked for me! :)

I use Chrome and checked XHR tab. I clicked on the last ajax-upgradetab.php and it told me I had an error with write permissions on folder 'config'. I set write permission to this folder and the update process worked like a charm!

Hey,

Hi,

I want to update prestashop from 1.4.8.2 to the last stable version.

I'm getting the same error : "Erreur Javascript (parseJSON) détectée pour l'action"upgradeNow".Début de la restauration ..."

When i try to debug with firebug, i see in the ajax response  : "wrong directory : admin1" where "admin1" is my renamed admin folder...

I'm stuck with this error, please help !!

I checked the PHP error and I have the same issue as described above.

I changed my folder admin to 'admin' then the error is ''wrong directory :admin"

So still can't upgrade.

• 2 months later...

Hey,

Hi,

the same javascript error when 1-clicking from 1.6.0.11 to 1.6.0.13.

Response from firebug console: wrong directory :admin083hoxupy

but admin083hoxupy is a correct admin directory, autoupdate module is installed in this directory.

Any further help?

Hey,

Majority of that issue is due to wrong admin directory (wrong directory: admin4234). I would bet it's a hosting problem but still it would be helpful if we could now what to ask our hosting providers. I’ve checked thoroughly all presta topic and I’ve seen that problem few times but the only answer I’ve seen was “contact your server provider” and as  we all know it’s a pain in the butt if you don’t know what to ask for.

So can you elaborate on what my cause the problem? Is it a server config problem? .htaccess? module?

if (realpath(dirname(__FILE__).'/../../').DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.$dir!== realpath(realpath(dirname(__FILE__).'/../../').DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.$dir))
	die('wrong directory :'.(isset($_POST['dir']) ? $dir : ''));

• 1 year later...

Solved:

My installation had a folder called "Backoffice" which contained all of the admininstration modules.  I renamed this to "admin" and the upgrade went through without any problems.

Remember:

You will need to go to "www.yourwebsite.com/admin" to access your backoffice/admin pages before performing the upgrade.

Once the upgrade is complete, for security reasons, you will need to rename your admin folder to something else (for example "Backoffice").

Edited by Retrific (see edit history)