PayPal v3.0.11 currency problems - please help

duxyz

Hi,

I am using Prestashop version 1.4.9. final.

After upgrading Paypal module to version 3.0.11 my problems begin. :(

Last version I had (I think 2.8.x) worked OK. My shop's default currency was Croatian Kuna (HRK), and when user has chosen Paypal as paying method, module automatically changed currency accordingly to equivalent in US dolars (Paypal paying method). Now I just get this error:

Please refer to logs:

• PayPal response:
  • TIMESTAMP -> 2012-08-31T18:34:26Z
  • L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10605
  • L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  • L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Currency is not supported
  • L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

In attached files you can see my settings. I think they are OK?

Please help me, I am searching and searching for answers but can't find any clue what to do.

Do you maybe know where can I find to download older versions of Paypal module so at least I can try to install them again if there is no solution for this?

Thank you very much!

post-392120-0-92126400-1346438636_thumb.jpg

post-392120-0-74756100-1346438645_thumb.jpg

Edited by duxyz (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Same to me.Prestashop v.1.4.9.

I've setup paypal module to accept only Euro, but when I change the currency in shop to something else than Euro i got error message

• PayPal response:
  • TIMESTAMP -> 2012-09-22T05:32:33Z
  • L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10605
  • L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

Should the module make the conversion from the customer selected currency to Euro/as it is setted up in BackOffice/ and then goes to paypal.? Seems like setting of currceny restrictions does not work.

Any workarround of this ?

Thanks for the answer DesignHaus42.

I tried with 3.2.1 but after installing it modules page stop working. In errors log I got

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method ShopBackwardModule::getTheme() in web/modules/paypal/paypal_abstract.php on line 87

I have to deleted in order to get back modules page.

I will try to find 3.12 and install it as you recommended. If this not help I will downgrade until I get working solution /I really hope to find such one/

Edited by ariko (see edit history)

I tried all paypal modules from 1.4.7.3 till 1.4.8.3 and they work fine.

Paypal module version jumps from 2.9.8 in 1.4.8.3 to 3.0.9 in 1.4.9.0 where the bug described above appears.

I have some minor issues with older versions of the module concerning appearance in the last step of check out process and I'm looking for version 3 of the module.

Do you have some idea where I can dowload version between 3.0.x and 3.0.9 .

In prestashop 1.5 there is no paypal module in the default installation ...

Edited by ariko (see edit history)

Hi Clayton,

Thanks for the advise.

I already tested it - still the same. If I use only euro it works fine, but if the customer select different currency from the default 24 than paypal support I got error "Currency not supported" :mellow: . Older modules does not have this problem, they convert the customer selected currency to the one that paypal module is restricted (in my case euro). Unfortunatelly older modules of paypal with prestashop 1.4.9.0 have some issues with appearance during the check out process. I also tested 1.5.0.17 version of prestashop, hoping that it is fixed there but behavior is the same :(

I'm open for any suggestion

not good news for those who wish to use newer modules of paypal

from http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-449

Hi,

Like PayPal said in the error code you are using a currency that is not supported by the PayPal API. The module does not make the conversion, the BO restrictions only hide the module if it is not "enable" for the current currency.

Here is a list of the currencies that are supported by the PayPal API :

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_nvp_currency_codes

If your currency is not in the list the error code will be displayed.

I hope it helps.

Regards.

So older paypal modules goes to paypal with correct currency, new ones don't ...

Am I missing something or just prestashop paypal module going in wrong lane of development ?

• Like 1

Hi Clayton,

Thanks for the advise.

I already tested it - still the same. If I use only euro it works fine, but if the customer select different currency from the default 24 than paypal support I got error "Currency not supported" :mellow: . Older modules does not have this problem, they convert the customer selected currency to the one that paypal module is restricted (in my case euro). Unfortunatelly older modules of paypal with prestashop 1.4.9.0 have some issues with appearance during the check out process. I also tested 1.5.0.17 version of prestashop, hoping that it is fixed there but behavior is the same :(

I'm open for any suggestion

Hello Ariko

If you have an email pm me and if you want to try to use 2.8.7 paypal version the older module I do have a zip file that I can email you. That's if you've not tried it yet. Just an idea. I did speak with the developer of the paypal module and he's trying to fix all these issues.

Cheers

Clayton

• Like 1

not good news for those who wish to use newer modules of paypal

from http://forge.prestas.../browse/PNM-449

So older paypal modules goes to paypal with correct currency, new ones don't ...

Am I missing something or just prestashop paypal module going in wrong lane of development ?

Could anyone please confirm that ariko statement is true? because i'm facing excatly the same problem here..

Please guys... :)

Update:

It's true.. I've tried my self, using the old Paypal module (mine now is 2.8.6) will fix this problem for a while.. maybe until the newest one already fixed... :)

Edited by sijampang (see edit history)

I'm guessing version 3.2.2 was just released ?

We'll be on v4 before you know it, yet everyone will still be using trusty 2.8x, it's the only one that works!

I'm using PS 1.4.9 and just tried to update to PayPal 3.2.2 but it just wont work. I keep getting the following error:

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

I've been over the PayPal credentials a billion times - they are correct.

I generated new credentials - still doesn't work.

Not in sandbox mode, backward compatibility installed/not installed, cache turned off, force compile...nothing works!

I only wanted to upgrade so I could try out the free mobile theme. I give up!

Edited by pel024 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem

But how can I make paypal set up to USD and not default shop currency or customer currency. Because I can choose one of them bot I cannot deselect them?

11glfs5.jpg

Help

I am facing this exact same problem, from reading the forums many people are, why is no one posting solutions? Please help, we are all losing sales...

Hello, there has been a lot of disucssion regarding a PayPal error with no Error code in this thread, http://www.prestasho...-no-error-code/

Maybe this could be of some help.

Thanks

I have read all the discussions. I do get the following error:

• PayPal response:
  • TIMESTAMP -> 2012-10-16T20:50:20Z
  • L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10605

I have read all I can about the above error as well. The problem is thatmy default currency is ZAR (South African Rand), which is not a Paypal supported currency. But I run another shop using prestashop 1.4 version and that paypal module works. Once a customer checks out with paypal, the total is converted to USD. In 1.5 prestashop this does not work. With 1.5 I must select either customer currency or default shop currency under payment / currency restrictions. In 1.4 prestashop I can just leave that blank. I think that is where the issue lies.

Hello, is it the same PayPal module that you are using in the 1.4 and the 1.5 or is a different version?

Hi. No in Prestashop 1.5.1 I am using Paypalversion 3.2.5 / in prestashop 1.4.8.2 I am using paypal 2.8.7

Can I install the older version of Paypal on my Prestashop 1.5? Thanks for the speedy reply

• 1 month later...

Thank you Benjamin

I am sure that will help a lot of others. I wanted to ask why is there so many issues with the new paypal module if the older ones work good. I am using 3.2.5 and I have it working but still there is errors in the shopping cart when selecting carriers with a lower value. I know that there is many changes in the new versions but it seems there is just a lot of issues with using the new ones. Any idea when a stable version of the new module will be available?

Cheers

Clayton

I have same issue.

I installed Prestashop v1.4.8.2 and Paypal v3.2.5

I use Japaness, Korean and USD currencies.

Japanese and USD currencies work good with Paypal.

But the problem is when I tried to use Korean currency than paypal dosen't automatic convert to USD $.

I set Default currency is USD and payment module restrictions is Customer currency.

Can anyone help me?

PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2012-10-16T20:50:20Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10605

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Currency is not supported

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Thanks.

• 1 month later...