PS 1.4.9 - Paypal Error - Australia - Address Format

Mallee Boy

Upgraded from 1.4.8.2 using auto upgrade and am now using PS 1.4.9 with latest Paypal Module. 3.0.9 Hosted Solution

Error occurs when trying to pay by Credit Card in one page check out. Error Reads:

Please return to the payment page and correct the address.

I Found some information here which seems to relate to address layout or input in Paypal and Prestashop: http://stackoverflow...ect-the-address

Any Help?

Edited by David @ gfe. (see edit history)

Hi everyone, I'm struggling with a problem with Paypal, when a client try to pay with paypal it send him straight to a blank page with a message "empty card" at the top; what is wrong?I contacted paypal they said it comes from prestashop, my hosting is ipage.

Can somebody help me?Please????

Thanks Clayton. I checked it out. Absolutely no change. Paypal button is not clickable. Payment page brings up error telling me to correct my address - but doesnt tell me what is wrng with it.

I have not yet had any feedback from Forge so I cannot even know what they found or attempted to fix.

Edited by David @ gfe. (see edit history)

Thanks Clayton. I checked it out. Absolutely no change. Paypal button is not clickable. Payment page brings up error telling me to correct my address - but doesnt tell me what is wrng with it.

I have not yet had any feedback from Forge so I cannot even know what they found or attempted to fix.

I sent the forum topic to someone within prestashop with these issues so he can try to fix them. To many people are having these problems.

Hope it's fixed soon

Edited by clayton29657 (see edit history)

I made the STUPID mistake to upgrade to the v3.0.12 module from the prestashop addon store. It is riddled with bugs.

Please vote for the bug I have created with 4 issues under: forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-474

In the meantime I need help to revert back to an older version of PayPal as I have now disabled the PayPal module as it is useless and seeing 99% of sales is through Paypal I am doomed!

Theme: Prestashop New theme

Will 2.8.7 work on PS 1.4.9.0? I managed to find an older version (not sure of number) and uploaded it however it created more errors with backward compatibility and shut modules home tab down, and site became in operable as it was opening to http://_ps_shop_domain_ as opposed to home page... SSL part of site was not working returning to 404 errors...

How are these versions not tested for things like this? It seems to have knocked a lot of people out!

Try downloading this. It paypal 2.8.7. It may have some modifications to images that I made but all the original material is their and it should work for you.

Unzip it and install the folder via ftp in to your modules folder. Make sure you have uninsstalled and deleted your current (unworking) paypal.

Here is the url: Let me know if you have problems. http://www.gamesfromeverywhere.com.au/paypal2.8.7.zip

• Like 1

Try downloading this. It paypal 2.8.7. It may have some modifications to images that I made but all the original material is their and it should work for you.

Unzip it and install the folder via ftp in to your modules folder. Make sure you have uninsstalled and deleted your current (unworking) paypal.

Here is the url: Let me know if you have problems. http://www.gamesfrom...paypal2.8.7.zip

I see new Paypal come now 3.1.0!!

Any one use that with 1.4.9.0?

I am going tets first with 1.4.7.3 ( because I had problem with 1.4.9.0 and I use my old PS :( ) I can not test it by my self ....

Either way should be fine. If you do it through CPanel you will unzip first and only upload the paypal folder

Has anyone tested 3.1.0 with 1.4.9?

You are legend. It appears to be working fine now!

I tested 3.1.0 in the early hours this morning and spend 4 hours trying to get my site up and running again. It just wouldn't work for me whatsoever. Same errors as in the previous version, drop down cart was missing, pay by paypal wouldn't work either...

Again thank you so much for your help!

I upload the 2.8.7 , it's still the same problem, empty card with a white page, I'm using the new version of prestashop 1.4.9 ; as the old paypal wasn't working as well. I'm really starting to stressing out; nothing is working to have a paypal module which works!!!

Any place which can help me out, as I think 150€ is a rip off, price they charge you in prestashop to fix a problem

I use new PayPal 3.1.0 with PS1.4.9.0

Works grate . No problem :)

Has the discounts started working for you again?

I upload the 2.8.7 , it's still the same problem, empty card with a white page, I'm using the new version of prestashop 1.4.9 ; as the old paypal wasn't working as well. I'm really starting to stressing out; nothing is working to have a paypal module which works!!!

Any place which can help me out, as I think 150€ is a rip off, price they charge you in prestashop to fix a problem

- Have you got geolocation enabled? if so try disabling it.

- I find that i need to regularly clear my cache after I make changes otherwise i still see old content.

- Switch the AJAX feature off, try it and then reswitch it on.

- Have you made any custom changes that may have affected this?

Hi Prestashop newbie, Thanks for your answer and help, I've installed my prestashop 1 month ago, open the store 1st of September, but since Paypal never worked , I turned the geolocalisation off, delete the paypal version which was with prestashop then upload the new one, now I upload the version 2.8.7 and it's still not working. Where do you find the ajax feature in the back office?

Hi Prestashop newbie, Thanks for your answer and help, I've installed my prestashop 1 month ago, open the store 1st of September, but since Paypal never worked , I turned the geolocalisation off, delete the paypal version which was with prestashop then upload the new one, now I upload the version 2.8.7 and it's still not working. Where do you find the ajax feature in the back office?

BO --> Preferences --> Search

Has the discounts started working for you again?

Big YES :)

I am too scared to try it again!

I tried using the latest 3v releases of Paypal but they all had bugs which prevented the module from being used. So I am still using 2.8.7 with PS 1.4.9. I have not tried the new PS release 1.5 so I don't know how things will go. my advice is to sit tight and watch how others get on with their upgrade.

When I do upgrade I will simply allow the latest versions of modules to be installed and then test them. If they don't work I will revert to previous module versions. This is what I did with Paypal when I upgraded to PS 1.4.9.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I tried using the latest 3v releases of Paypal but they all had bugs which prevented the module from being used. So I am still using 2.8.7 with PS 1.4.9. I have not tried the new PS release 1.5 so I don't know how things will go. my advice is to sit tight and watch how others get on with their upgrade.

When I do upgrade I will simply allow the latest versions of modules to be installed and then test them. If they don't work I will revert to previous module versions. This is what I did with Paypal when I upgraded to PS 1.4.9.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I am using new paypal, with 1.4.9 and no problem, which kind of bug you found ?

I am using new paypal, with 1.4.9 and no problem, which kind of bug you found ?

The paypal button is not clickable and when trying to process credit cards I get an error telling me to fix the address. This is when using 1 page and guest check out with PS 1.4.9 and any Paypal module after 2.8.7