Local Delivery Zones

I have certain products that will only be available for local delivery. Though other products will be able to be shipped across the US, these products need to only be available for local delivery and local delivery cannot be available for customers outside my local area. (I realize that I will have some module customization that I need to do to verify these conditions, but would like to set that part aside for the moment).

I was thinking that a local Shipping Zone would work for my local customers. I was able to create a zone, but cannot figure out how to get the local zone to recognize my local customers and present local delivery as a option.

Has anyone tried to do this before? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you! Any and all help is appreciated.

Adam

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

ME Too!,

I want to create a local shipping zone, so that I can create a carrier/shipping option for local customers,

For example creating a hand delivery and Set-up option for customers within 45 miles, or within the predefined zip codes...

I thought I had that set-up, but I have out of state customers choosing local delivery and set-up... but that's not available for out of state customers... 

Any help would be appreciated 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

ok I think I figured it out?

I would go to Shipping > Carriers > and then create a Carrier there for local.

Then Go to Catalog > Products > [to the product] > edit> Shipping> Then.....

in the [ Carriers  Available carriers Boxes] and then just move over the Local Carrier I made over to the "Selected carriers box"

I would then add a Notation in the description that this Product is only available for local delivery. [also maybe add the zip codes or cities available for delivery in] As well as maybe a simple/icon or wording on the product image, for local delivery only.

I don’t know if there is a way to stop customers out of that area from ordering it? Maybe a Module add-on purchase might be needed. But this is what I have come up with so far using the PrestaShop the way it comes for now.

Edited by AskMeTooFast (see edit history)