Amazon S3 and Cloudfront support?

• 3 months later...

Hi, We provide Prestashop customization services. We can develop this feature as module. Let me know.

* Upload product and category images

* Images will be replicated to Amazon S3

* On the front end, product images will be served from S3 bucket or Cloud Front.

* Quick installation. Will be developed as module, quick and easy configuration.

Benefits:

• Fast loading of website: Amazon S3 is super fast. Offloading images from main server, reduces page load time.
  • Using cloud front: Browsers have limitation of 4 or 8 parallel connections. If you use CloudFront, you can provide more than on media servers and reduce page load times even further.

reach us at [email protected]

Dh42, how to configure this? I could not find.

The current feature of MediaServer, does not replicate uploaded images to given media server. It just outputs media-server hostname as prefix to product/catalog images.

Let me know if there is any other way. I'll appreciate.

Yes, that option is always feasible; it is also documented in PS docs.

If PS is installed on shared hosting, or slow server then CDN is an good option for performance. My requirement is to have S3/CloudFront as CDN.

A PrestaShop with large number of products, makes loading of Category / Home page slower because of many images. CloudFront takes care of geo-region and delivers fast.

Edited by ankit94 (see edit history)

See one thing that people miss is they usea cdn to make their site load faster. Which in general they do, but not because they take processing load off of your main server. They do it because the images and static files are closer to the end user, so they are served to them quicker.

People use google page speed and do all of the optimizations and think, great that is done, my site is fast now. But look at those optimizations, look at how it measures speed. It accounts nothing for the actual server. You can have everything done and be scoring in the high 90's, and your site can still take 8 seconds to process a sql request. It does not take into account anything for the server actually serving the web page and how long it takes the server to process the request.

If you use a crappy low cost server and then try to use a cdn, you are going to have a bad time. You could be using the worlds fastest cdn, but if you server is taking a long time to process requests, there is nothing besides getting another server you can do to speed things up.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Go create a bucket with AWS Amazon 

Go to advanced parameters - Performance

Setup all the cache settings 

Then down with Mediaservers (only used with CCC)

You can insert the link you got at AWS to your bucket 

Remember to upload everything to your bucket or your site

will be showing no media's and look terrible until you do or

remove the bucket link again and save.

Good luck

• Like 1