Using animated gif's as product image

wurf

Hi,

Due to the nature of our products it is crucial we can display animated gif's as product image.

I know uploaded images are converted to jpg and I think the way to make animation possible is to avoid this conversion. Besides that the pages where the images are displayed have to be modified also of course.

I have been searching the forum for any plugin that does this, but unfortunately I only find answers like 'not possible'. I think that this should be possible with some minor changes, only I don't have the knowledge to write code from scratch. I can do simple modifications though.

Has anyone done this before and succeded?

Thanks!

Regards,

Marcel

Hi Mike,

Yes, when you don't change the code, gif's are not an option :-)

But according to several web developers, they can fix this for me. The fact that it is not a standard option doesn't mean it is impossible, right? I mean, I am sure that if the community decides this should be implemented, it will be done somehow.

So, do you think that even changing the core code would never make it possible?

Marcel

search in /classes for text ".jpg" to have a idea for what you need to replace (you can replace automatically from notepad++)

if also you can get a script to upload gif pictures and store in prestashop system then you can give a try.

that mean you will not use upload pictures from preatshop.

Edited by valentin.g (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...