Install stuck on step 3

Hello

Every time a try to install prestashop, it gets stuck on step 3.

Database and email settings checks fine, but when i try to move on i get the loading screen for some time and then nothing happens.

I've read a couple of threads on the problems already, but i cant seem to find i solution.

I'm installing on a Synology diskstation

• Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
  • Serverversion: 5.1.49
  • Protokolversion: 10
  • MySQL Tegnsæt: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

• Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) PHP/5.3.10
  • MySQL klientversion: 5.1.49
  • PHP udvidelse: mysqli

Any ideas what i have to do?

Thanks in advance all!

Hi Stromgren,

Try not to check the email settings and see if you are still stuck.

About Synology I do not know if there is some limitation as it is a NAS and not a typical server/local installation.

Hi Carl

Thanks for your answer.

I tried running a fresh install without checking the email setting, unfortunately i still get stucked.

Still the installer gets to create all the tables in the db. I have 165 tables i the db.

I havent heard about any limitations to using a synology server, but i read about several others who hosted a prestashop on synology on this forum and elsewhere.

Hi, am having the same "stuck in step 3" problem before and would like to share how'd i'd fixed the installation problem in version 1.4.8.2. :)

Installation Suggestion/Solutions:

• Uploading PrestaShop installation files - try not to use ftp client such as filezilla(too fast, some files are getting corrupted). Instead, use your cpanel file manager and upload the full zip file (prestashop_1.4.8.2.zip) to the root directory(set permission to 755).
  • Select your zip file and look for the "Extract" button/option and extract the content of your zip file to the root directory. By default a folder named: "prestashop" is automatically created when extracted.
  • Move the all the contents of "prestashop" folder (/admin, /cache, /class, etc....) to your root directory(or where you want your Prestashop installation to be placed).
  • Proceed with Step 1 to Step 2 installation procedure. In Step 2, if InnoDB wont work select Myisam instead. Select basic installation first(once successful, just add the remaining modules later).
  • Hope this help and will take you to step 3 of the installation process.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem and the fix :)

In my case there was a folder _notes created in smarty/compile and smartyv2/compile/

after removing this files the installation resumed.

To check what causes the installation getting stuck use firefox and install firebug.

After pressing next check firebug and see what error it gives, fix this and it will continue

Good luck :)

• 1 year later...

Hello!

I've got the same issue : my install was stuck at step 2, after database install. When I was clicking again on next step button, I was getting "database already exist" in log file.

I followed the previous advice to look at ajax error with firebug and the problem was caused by php throwing an error and causing my corruption of my ajax response.

The problem is that my server config is too newer for this prestashop install and I was getting "mysql_connect" deprecated php notice.

You can solve it by adding "error_reporting(0)" at the top of connect function in mysql.php file during installation. 

• 1 year later...

Try to install prestashop 1.4.7.0 on localhost.

When I go to the install inteface, before loadind the actual installation interface a message popup that says:

This application needs you to activate Javascript to correctly work.

After that I try to install it following the steps, database connection it's ok and it begin DB table creation, and then stuck on step 3. If I press the "next" button nothing happens, instead in log file says: A Prestashop database already exists, please drop it or change the prefix.

I have to mention that I never gone through this kind of problems before.