[SOLVED] Documentation for Version 1.5

Hi everybody,

An early version of our v1.5 documentation is now available in English.

It is still in progress, so do not be surprised if there are certain sections or images currently missing. They will be added as we continue to build it out.

However, if you do find any errors or inconsistencies, please let us know and we will pass it along to our Documentation Czar B).

Find it for yourself here.

-Mike

• Like 1

Hi there!,

I am following the instructions in the documentation to upgrade from 1.5.0.9.

On Step 2

- Getting Ready for the New Version, section

Copying the files backed up during Step 1 to the "prestashop" folder, it stands:

/config

folder, only copy the

settings.inc.php

file, then modify the following lines:

• The line that contains "PS_BASE_URI" must contain the name of the subfolder where you are going to do your update. For instance, "/prestashop/" instead of "/", or of the name of current folder for your current store.

But I cannot even find "PS_BASE_URI" in settings.inc.php.

Is it possible just to add

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/prestashop/'); (where 'prestashop' is the name of the subfolder in which doing the update)

as explained in section "Checking before going further"? Not suspicious the line wasn't there previously?

Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by clampon (see edit history)

Hi clampon,

The PS_BASE_URI entry is not in your version of PrestaShop because 1.5 is not yet officially released for use on a live site, and that field is for putting your site live. As long as you're developing locally, you shouldn't need to add it.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hey,

I followed the documentation for the update and it works fine.

But in my back-office a lot of icon / image are missing. Actually, almost all of them :(

Anyone know what can I do to display the missing icons / images ?

Zouc

Hi Zouc,

Please back up your website and database, and then try the following:

In your Back Office, please go to Preferences > Images, and then click the "Move Images" button at the very bottom of the page. Then, be sure you've cleared your cache and let me know if that works any better for you.

-Mike

HI Mike,

I followed all upgrading steps. Finally i type localhost/prestashop/install/upgrade/upgrade.php

i got one fatal error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Tools::getOctets() in C:\wamp\www\prestashop\install\init.php on line 72

Please Help Me.

Deepesh

Hey Mike,

I upgrade my Prestashop with the use of auto upgrade module as newly created by you. it worked. but in back office all the icon and image are not properly at their place.

Please help me i am at middle.

Thanks

Hey Mike,

I upgrade my Prestashop with the use of auto upgrade module as newly created by you. it worked. but in back office all the icon and image are not properly at their place.

Please help me i am at middle.

Thanks

Hi Alpha,

Per the rules of the PrestaShop forums, please only keep one topic per thread. Since this is a separate issue, please create a new post in the correct section of the forums, Upgrading PrestaShop.

-Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

where i can find link download for user guide prestashop 1.5! i tried googling but not found it.!! please give me the link so i can read without using internet connection. thank you so much!

where i can find link download for user guide prestashop 1.5! i tried googling but not found it.!! please give me the link so i can read without using internet connection. thank you so much!

• 4 weeks later...

We definitely NEED a dev documentation. The community around prestashop is FREAKIN DEAD because no one want's to invest time into developping it - it seems to be everything about money ( and pretty much nothing about the code)

Comon, devs, we've been to the same school, and you should know documenting the project is as important as the code, otherwise NOONE will build modules around your solution...

Sometimes it takes me hours to find a very little piece of information wich should have been documented... how do you expect the open source community to take time to work for your project if you give nothing to the community ?

If you want free modules, free themes, and a widespread usage by PROESSIONALS and not only by newbies - who eard few month ago that e-commerce was a new eldorado and that you could have a shop set up in 5 minutes thanks to prestashop - wich is very misleading, and i think, killing the business - YOU NEED TO DOCUMENT IT

And when i say document it, i talk for the devs, user doc is not as important....

(and please a workin one the actual module creation guide is full of mistakes and incomplete)

• Like 2

Hi All...

Documentation is there but it is never discussing all steps and issue.

I am not a PS expert so i expect documentation must have been more precisely described.

All steps must have been told. Because when we add new categories and products, it make novice a bitter experience to make his multi-store work.

Thanks

Edited by mux (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I have converted my products List view to Grid view by editing the codes in product-list.tpl & product_list.css but i am getting a problem as the line show products by page sort by option which is at the end of products are coming in same line with products. I have attach a snapshot of my web page to make you clear how it looks. Please help me as soon as possible. Thank You in advance.

I have also attached product_list.css file in which i have change for grid view.

product_list.css

post-421792-0-35581300-1352971300_thumb.jpg

Truly speaking hinting css without having original URl is like blind shooting.

But you can apply

float: left;

OR

float: left; clear: both;

OR one of them

Have you upgraded your site? or it's fresh install?

I have fresh install i dont like the list product view so i was changing it into grid and i have stuck in this problem

Are you able to place both codes in one div?

I can't see show selection in default prestashop 1.5 versions.

But you can find and see CSS properties using google chrome inspect element.

Right click on "show" and click on inspect element. In right left corner you will see CSS associated with this.

Just try to enable or disable some properties specially float and position.

Then see it why it never works.

Are you able to place both codes in one div?

I can't see show selection in default prestashop 1.5 versions.

But you can find and see CSS properties using google chrome inspect element.

Right click on "show" and click on inspect element. In right left corner you will see CSS associated with this.

Just try to enable or disable some properties specially float and position.

Then see it why it never works.

Your previous code was correct i have placed it in correct for now the show element is written as itempage so i placed the code in sort & itempage and i have got my sort and show in right place in my website. Thank you very much

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Mike,

Still worried about the shipping module based on total weight, not working in PS 1.5.3

I have send a lot of messages to Prestashop but I don't hear anything from you.

Please let me hear something.

Regards,

Ed Boon

Visioned.nl

I am lost at the document.

i have tried the module tutorial, on the embedding the tamplate in the theme part it says

"The link that the module displays does not lead anywhere for now. Let's create the display.php file that it targets, with a minimal content, and put it in the module's root folder."

but then it says:

"Let's explore display.php, our first PrestaShop front-end controller, stored in the /controllers/front folder of the module's main folder:"

how can the novice understand from this??

post-450825-0-49193600-1362541537_thumb.png

Edited by aifaiz (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hello , . I had prestashop installed and i modified somnething ina  file cause i had to deleted it . Now I am installing latest prestshop version 1.5 and i have a problem at system configuration , it keeps showing me this error Database Server is not found. Please verify the login, password and server fields (DbPDO)  

my smtp _port is 25 and and in database server address i let localhost only . 

database name:  prestashop

database login: root

database password:  *****

I tried putting my email in database login input but it keeps showing me that message

• 2 weeks later...