[SOLVED] Changing Paypal language on the payment page

ProsjektX

Currently Paypal is in English on the payment page that opens after order confirmation. I see you can manually change the language in the top right corner of the page, but I would really need this page to be in a fixed language other than English.

How can this be done in Prestashop? I see on the Paypal pages that there is a way to do this but cannot find out in the module how this can be done, changing the locale:

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_ECCustomizing

Anyone? What I need though is Norwegian, no_NO.

The problem is the Paypal site itself, that shows up for payment. Anyway, I found one reference in paypalpayment.php

$request .= '&LOCALECODE='.strtoupper(Language::getIsoById($cart->id_lang));

and changed this to

$request .= '&LOCALECODE=no_NO';

and one in paypalexpress.php

$request .= '&LOCALECODE='.strtoupper($this->getCountryCode());

to

And now it works. Paypal page in my local language by default. Haven't debugged what LOCALCODE actually gets set to with the existing code though, or if it is a bug/issue.

• 3 months later...

The problem is the Paypal site itself, that shows up for payment. Anyway, I found one reference in paypalpayment.php

and changed this to

to

And now it works. Paypal page in my local language by default. Haven't debugged what LOCALCODE actually gets set to with the existing code though, or if it is a bug/issue.

What file was this?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am new to PrestaShop. I am running 1.5.2 and I am experiencing the same issue, but apparently the referred php files have changed and this solution does not appear to work any more.

I have a shop in US English and Portugal Portuguese (this is the default language both for the shop and PS internals). However, when I use PayPal express checkout the PayPal site is in Spanish (because the account is located in Spain).

Ideally, I would like to be able to display the PayPal checkout page in the language chosen by the customer for navigating through the shop. If this is not possible, I would be happy enough to be able to have the Paypal checkout page always in English...

Kind regards,

Miro

Edited by mirix (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

and changed this to

to

Where can i find these files?

THX

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm also facing this issue. Users being redirected always to PayPal in English.

Anyone was able to resolve this? To set PayPal's checkout window with a different locale?

I'm using Prestashop 1.5.4.1 & PayPal module 3.6.1.

Would appreciate you help.

Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here with PS 1.5.6.0. and PayPal module 3.6.1.

Attempted to change default country in paypal/paypal.php and paypal/express_checkout/process.php as suggested in other posts on this forum but nothing works. Local customers are still greeted by PayPal in English which increases the risk of cart abandonment.

I wrote to PayPal a number of times but they link back to past suggestions on this forum...

PayPal tells me that they cannot support codes from third parties... All they gave me is the message to add the "LC variable" as follows:

============================================
LC Variable:
----------------------------------------------
e.g. <input type="hidden" name="lc" value="xx_XX">
----------------------------------------
allowed:

en_US en_GB fr_XC ja_JP pt_BR tr_TR
da_DK es_XC he_IL nl_NL ru_RU xp_EA
de_DE fr_CA id_ID no_NO sv_SE zh_CN
en_AU fr_FR it_IT pl_PL th_TH zh_HK
=============================================

Countries and Regions Supported by PayPal
https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/api/country_codes/

So, my question is, in WHICH file and on WHAT line should we add above code? 

Also, who within Prestashop is in charge for the PayPal Module 3.6.1.? Since PayPal does not support third party code, that person may be the only one who could shed some light on this very problematic situation. 

• 6 months later...

i try change paypal v 3.6.4.

I changed different things

function  loadLangDefault in paypal.php

$paypal_country_default = 17;
   $this->default_country =17 ;
   $this->iso_code = $this->getCountryDependency("GB"));

don't work :/

2 try

i put a $fields['LOCALECODE'] = 'GB'; in process.php 

dont work :/

Why?

I too am using PayPal v3.6.4 and on Presta 1.6.0.5 and have a similar problem.

I am based in the UK, and sell to UK citizens abroad, so the shipping address is nearly always non-English but the client is English speaking. As such I need the PayPal page to be in English, but it adopts the language of the shipping Country.

I've tried all the above and more but still no success. Anyone got anymore ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

• 2 months later...

Hi all!

I would like to ask some help! :)

I am using the latest PrestaShop and PayPal module.. What should I do to get:

- Hungarian express and normal checkout paypal image? I think it doesn't even officially exist.. :))

URL of gif currently: https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_xpressCheckout.gif

Of course hu_HU doesn't work.. :)

- Get instantly hungarian checkout PayPal page? I cant even change from the default 4 language on the PayPal site:
http://ctrlv.in/420045

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

eSzeL

Edited by EnsoSzL (see edit history)

Hi all!

I would like to ask some help! :)

I am using the latest PrestaShop and PayPal module.. What should I do to get:

- Hungarian express and normal checkout paypal image? I think it doesn't even officially exist.. :))

URL of gif currently: https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_xpressCheckout.gif

Of course hu_HU doesn't work.. :)

- Get instantly hungarian checkout PayPal page? I cant even change from the default 4 language on the PayPal site:

http://ctrlv.in/420045

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

eSzeL

Found in PayPal documentation:

"Customizing the Express Checkout User Interface

You can customize the appearance of the PayPal Express Checkout pages. Some changes alter the checkout flow.

Express Checkout includes options for presenting the checkout pages that appear when the buyer logs into PayPal during checkout. Some of them make the PayPal pages look like your own pages, giving the customer a consistent visual presentation:

• Logo to display
  • Gradient fill color of the border around the cart review area
  • Language in which PayPal content is displayed
  • Your customer service number

Note All of the above customizations can be set in the profile settings of your paypal account. You set them in an Expresss Checkout API operation only when you want to override the default provided by your profile."

Damn.. no hungarian translation of PayPal express merchang checkout..

https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/api/merchant/SetExpressCheckout_API_Operation_NVP/

https://www.paypal.com/hu/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-page-styles

Edited by EnsoSzL (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hi I have prestashop 1.5.6.2 and I have the same problem, when my users try to pay through paypal, the paypal site doesn't get prestashop language. Is there any way to force paypal to get my prestashop language site? nowadays I have three languages in my prestashop site, spanish, french and english.

In the subject this question appears as a solved question, but I don't see the solution anywhere

Regards

Jordi.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I have prestashop 1.5.6.2 and I have the same problem, when my users try to pay through paypal, the paypal site doesn't get prestashop language. Is there any way to force paypal to get my prestashop language site? nowadays I have three languages in my prestashop site, spanish, french and english.

In the subject this question appears as a solved question, but I don't see the solution anywhere

Regards

Jordi.

HI,

I have the same problem, I ave six languages in my site and I would to see the paypal page in the correct language.

Did you fix it?

thanks

Angela

• 2 years later...

Hello,

Facing the same issue here using Presta 1.6.1.11 with paypal's module v3.11.3. Has anyone managed to get the paypal's page with the same language as chosen on the site??

I will be more than happy to hear that someone did ...and will drop a hint how to achieve that!

Cheers,
Konrad

• Like 2