Hi everyone,

Do you have the same issue with MyISAM database engine when you try to install?

In the config this is disabled, but says I'm fine to proceed "Is PHP magic quotes option deactivated (recommended) ?" and I have to use MyISAM instead of InnoDB, but that hasn't prevented me installing the older versions of 1.5!

Regards,

Rob

• Like 1

I was working on installing PrestaShop 1.5 today, and was running across the same exact issues that were being reported here. I dug a little through the code and was able to resolve the problem.

The problem is that the prestashop installer was trying to download a file from api.prestashop.com:

http://api.prestasho...ation/15/us.xml

That URL is resulting in a 404 error, so the team at Prestashop will need to look into that further (unless I'm wrong).

I resolve the issue by making the following change:

line 401 in models/install.php

$localization_file_content = @Tools::file_get_contents('http://api.prestashop.com/download/localization/'.$version.'/'.$data['shop_country'].'.xml');
			unset($localization_file_content);
			if (!$localization_file_content)
			{
					$localization_file = _PS_ROOT_DIR_.'/localization/default.xml';
					if (file_exists(_PS_ROOT_DIR_.'/localization/'.$data['shop_country'].'.xml'))
							$localization_file = _PS_ROOT_DIR_.'/localization/'.$data['shop_country'].'.xml';

$localization_file_content = file_get_contents($localization_file);
			}

Basically, after that first line fails due to a 404 file not found, unset the variable so that the next few lines of code will run and instead grab us.xml locally instead of from api.prestashop.com.

I hope that makes sense, I documented the full details on my site here:

PrestaShop - Configure shop information - an error occurred during installation

Thanks,

- Brad

• Like 1

I was working on installing PrestaShop 1.5 today, and was running across the same exact issues that were being reported here. I dug a little through the code and was able to resolve the problem.

The problem is that the prestashop installer was trying to download a file from api.prestashop.com:

http://api.prestasho...ation/15/us.xml

That URL is resulting in a 404 error, so the team at Prestashop will need to look into that further (unless I'm wrong).

I resolve the issue by making the following change:

line 401 in models/install.php

$localization_file_content = @Tools::file_get_contents('http://api.prestashop.com/download/localization/'.$version.'/'.$data['shop_country'].'.xml');
			if (!$localization_file_content)
			{
					$localization_file = _PS_ROOT_DIR_.'/localization/default.xml';
					if (file_exists(_PS_ROOT_DIR_.'/localization/'.$data['shop_country'].'.xml'))
							$localization_file = _PS_ROOT_DIR_.'/localization/'.$data['shop_country'].'.xml';

$localization_file_content = file_get_contents($localization_file);
			}

Basically, after that first line fails due to a 404 file not found, unset the variable so that the next few lines of code will run and instead grab us.xml locally instead of from api.prestashop.com.

I hope that makes sense, I documented the full details on my site here:

PrestaShop - Configure shop information - an error occurred during installation

Thanks,

- Brad

Could you upload a copy of the file edited please?

Hi robkwal,

The only change I made was adding this line:

... to models/install.php around line 401.

If you look at the code I pasted initially (above), it should just take a moment to make this change.

I hope that helps! Keep us updated and let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

- Brad

Hi robkwal,

The only change I made was adding this line:

... to models/install.php around line 401.

If you look at the code I pasted initially (above), it should just take a moment to make this change.

I hope that helps! Keep us updated and let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

- Brad

Hi, I thought I had made the change correctly, but still faced with the problem! :(

If you're still getting errors, I would suggest looking at your php error log, which for me was found at:

/install/error_log

Our errors looked like this:

[14-May-2012 13:54:30] PHP Warning:  simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Space required after the Public Identifier in /home/inmoti6/prestashop.inmotiontesting.com/classes/LocalizationPack.php on line 41
[14-May-2012 13:54:30] PHP Warning:  simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> in /home/inmoti6/prestashop.inmotiontesting.com/classes/LocalizationPack.php on line 41
[14-May-2012 13:54:30] PHP Warning:  simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]:												  ^ in /home/inmoti6/prestashop.inmotiontesting.com/classes/LocalizationPack.php on line 41
[14-May-2012 13:54:30] PHP Warning:  simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]: Entity: line 1: parser error : SystemLiteral " or ' expected in /home/inmoti6/prestashop.inmotiontesting.com/classes/LocalizationPack.php on line 41
[14-May-2012 13:54:30] PHP Warning:  simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> in /home/inmoti6/prestashop.inmotiontesting.com/classes/LocalizationPack.php on line 41
[14-May-2012 13:54:30] PHP Warning:  simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]:												  ^ in /home/inmoti6/prestashop.inmotiontesting.com/classes/LocalizationPack.php on line 41
[14-May-2012 13:54:30] PHP Warning:  simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]: Entity: line 1: parser error : SYSTEM or PUBLIC, the URI is missing in /home/inmoti6/prestashop.inmotiontesting.com/classes/LocalizationPack.php on line 41

Do your error messages look similar?

[19-May-2012 07:54:32 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting '{' in /home/gmgla/public_html/bulzine/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php on line 426
[19-May-2012 07:55:16 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting '{' in /home/gmgla/public_html/bulzine/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php on line 426
[19-May-2012 07:55:54 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting '{' in /home/gmgla/public_html/bulzine/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php on line 426
[19-May-2012 07:59:08 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting '{' in /home/gmgla/public_html/bulzine/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php on line 426
[19-May-2012 08:02:40 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting '{' in /home/gmgla/public_html/bulzine/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php on line 426
[19-May-2012 08:24:45 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting '{' in /home/gmgla/public_html/bulzine/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php on line 426
[19-May-2012 08:44:49 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting '{' in /home/gmgla/public_html/bulzine/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php on line 426
[19-May-2012 08:47:04 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting '{' in /home/gmgla/public_html/bulzine/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php on line 426
[19-May-2012 08:48:50 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting '{' in /home/gmgla/public_html/bulzine/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php on line 426

I have tryed to make the change suggested for install.php but no goood

Please help, i need this beta working !

@Joe Michael

The errors you're receiving are syntax errors, a little different then the other errors listed on this page. Have you made any changes to the code or have you tried by chance adding any extensions?

@Dev On Web

The problem I was having is that the PrestaShop installation was trying to load an xml file here:

http://api.prestashop.com/download/localization/15/us.xml

That URL is still returning a 404 error, which is breaking the install. I haven't testing 1.5.0.12, but do you know if any changes regarding that code have been changed?

Hi CarlFavre,

I'm having a hardtime finding the newest 1.5 version. The changelog hasn't been updated and I'm not too familiar with sub version. If you wanted to help me find the right files, I'd be happy to test further.

This URL is still not working, http://api.prestashop.com/download/localization/15/us.xml so I will assume that the code has been updated to know the call to that XML file was a 404?

Now my local install is not working anymore either,

72%

• Create settings.inc file
  • Create database tables
  • Create default shop and languages
  • Populate database tables
  • Configure shop information
  • Install modules
    • Cannot install module "homeslider"

An error occured during installation...

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by

Hello,

I just attempted to do a fresh install of 1.5.0.13 and the installation process stopped at 50% (screen print attached). Haven't had time to find the cause of the error yet but will keep you up-to-date with my investigation.

PS-1.5.0,13.png

Cheers,

Cha

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1.5.0.15 - install no problems at loсalhost

1.5.0.17 - PROBLEM!!!

x Create settings.inc file

An error occured during installation ...

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.

I fix my problem.

I did not have enough server resources, and I changed:

max_execution_time = 1800

memory_limit = 1024M

Max. size of the request 120М ))

Max. file size 100М.

and I add to phpmyadmin/config.inc.php this:

$cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] = 0;

to nginx.conf this:

proxy_read_timeout 120;
proxy_connect_timeout 120;

I do not know whether this is set up, but they helped me.

I'm having a similar issue to a few others on this particular topic.

Fails at 45% - Configure shop information

My version is: 1.5.0.17, I am installing on a Windows 2008 R2 Web Edition Server, I initially got an error regarding the "settings.inc" which was resolved as a permissions issue on the /config folder, following that I got an error regarding "Create default shop and languages", this was resolved again with a permissions issue with the /img folder.

These errors were picked up in the /log folder, however nothing is being reported for this particular error.

Any feedback would be gratefully received.

Thanks for the reply, I've tried this also, see attached Screen Grab, but regrettably it's the same outcome.

I'm wondering if it's a folder permissions issue, being a Windows server I don't quite have the luxury of setting the permissions via Filezilla, it refuses to do it.

I wonder if anybody has considered creating a BAT file similar to the one that Umbraco contributors have done for their CMS: http://our.umbraco.o...om-command-line

Any further feedback would be gratefully received especially from anyone who has successfully installed on IIS 7.

Thanks

Nick

post-405993-0-31365200-1349272335_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I fix my problem.

I did not have enough server resources, and I changed:

max_execution_time = 1800

memory_limit = 1024M

Max. size of the request 120М ))

Max. file size 100М.

and I add to phpmyadmin/config.inc.php this:

$cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] = 0;

to nginx.conf this:

proxy_read_timeout 120;
proxy_connect_timeout 120;

I do not know whether this is set up, but they helped me.

where did you change this?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wanted to chip in, if none of the above fixed your problem, have a look in your error_log. For me it was a timeout issue.

Error:

[Thu Apr 09 10:44:23 2015] [warn] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 30 seconds, referer: http://xxx.com/install/index.php
[Thu Apr 09 10:44:23 2015] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: http://xxx.com/install/index.php

Increasing in httpd.conf:

FcgidIOTimeout 60

And then reloading Apache fixed it. (You will need to drop all the tables Prestashop created in the first failed attempt.)

• 1 year later...

im facing the trouble while installation process of prestashop at my hosting and presta shop version 1.6.0.6

PrestaShop version: 1.6.0.6

Shop URL: http://apparelprime.com/OT/

Current theme in use: ot_sexyqueen

at 54 %

1. Create settings.inc file
  2. Create database tables
  3. Create default shop and languages
  4. Populate database tables
  5. Configure shop information
  6. Install demonstration data

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.

some one can help me out.
my email id is : [email protected]

s

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

try to use differe

I solved the problem.

When i tried to install Prestashop with Google Chrome browser i have an errors.
Then I tried to install with Opera and have a successful intastalation.

Yes.. it works.

Try to use different browser, it works 100%