[SOLVED] Migrating Joomla Virtuemart to Prestashop with free tools, is it possible?

Good morning, I work for an italian haberdashery taking care of their online shop. I built for them an online shop made with Joomla Virtuemart with no expenses. I have spent many years working on it, adding thousands of products and customizing it. But now I was starting to consider to switch to Prestashop because joomla is causing me different problems and maybe Prestashop can add something to it.

But there is a doubt that blocks me for taking the final decision: In our Virtuemart shop we have about 1000 users who signed in these years and about 9000 products and I can't do this migration except if it is possible to move all of them to Prestashop. I know there are some ways to do it paying an external action, but they're usually too expansive and my agency is not having a good moment economically (with virtuemart we never spent any money)... So I was wondering if there is some free tool or method to do this in an automatic way, because It would need too much to add all the products one by one.

So these are my doubts: Is there a way to export my Virtuemart users to Prestashop for free? how can I do it? And Is there a way to fastly move my Virtuemart products, categories and pictures with free tools?

If it's not possible to do it for free, what's the best and cheapest service?

Sorry for the long post, I hope to have your assistance to take a final decision about Presta Shop

Thank's in advance,

Donato

Hi Donato,

Personally, I would recommend that you give this a try. I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hello Mike, I think the service you posted is one of the best I've seen right now. Thank's for sharing..

I wonder if it Is it possible to make this transfer if I have virtuemart files only on local hard drive,my current hosting is offline :\

Hi Donato,

I'm glad I could help! However, you will need to ask that question of the people at Cart2Cart, because they are an external service with no official connection to us, I recommend them because our users have used it in the past and strongly recommend it themselves.

Happy selling!

-Mike

• 8 months later...

Hi Donato,

I'm glad I could help! However, you will need to ask that question of the people at Cart2Cart, because they are an external service with no official connection to us, I recommend them because our users have used it in the past and strongly recommend it themselves.

Happy selling!

-Mike

I agree 100%, I have solved some tricky things with Magnetic One , the organisation of cart2cart.

Edited by hugosnel (see edit history)