Folder/File Permissions

Hi,

I've just installed version 1.4.7 but having problems accessing the site and the back office. I think it is to do with folder/file permissions.

Where can I find out the permissions for the folders/files.

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Dahl

Well it depends based on your server. As said in the doc :

Some hosts might require you to use CHMOD 777, although it is not recommended for anything more than a one-time need.

If you have to use CHMOD 777 in order to install PrestaShop, make sure to switch to a safer setting (775, 755 or even 644) once you are done installing.

The install wizard should tell you which file/folder needs more permissions during install.

• 3 months later...

hey hello i am running the same situation , i managed to change the permissions with filezilla , but i still get La base de datos de servidor no se ha encontrado, por favor, compruebe sus datos de acceso o el nombre del servidor. Which actually it means the database cant be found , i have created the database and using the same login and database name , changed permisions to folder and still the same stupid message i even changed the permissions to 777

Edited by erickhelena (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

Can we access the above file for permissions validation as an independent php file? I think i would be really helpfull so people to run it after a new server installation / moved / migration in order to validate the common issue permissions fixes. 

gs007-install-step2.png?version=2&mo