Vote for v1.5 Fixes

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

The best place in the world to ask questions about PrestaShop and get advice from our passionate community!

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

Photo

setting up a cron job

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
justdogwalking.com

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

Hi

My host will only allow 60 seconds for image regeneration is which is not enough even for my small website.

They have suggested I set up a cron job.

Can anyone guideme throu the process of setting up a cron job to run the image regeneration ( I get the 500 error)

Thanks

noesac

PrestaShop Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

Good question I'd be interested to know this too!

CraigMeade

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

Speaking with limited knowledge here, but it may do till one of the experts gets to your post.

A cron job is run from you host Cpanel or the equivalent. Look for the section on cron jobs or scheduled jobs. You can set it to ping a web address at specific times - once per day for example. In your case the web address will be the location of a script that you want activated.

In my case it activates a script from Tomerg3 for automatic backup.

You can also do this with a Prestashop module. Tomerg's for backups for example. Or there is also a cron job module you can get.

I could never get the cron jobs set with my host to work properly, so I use an outside website to do it: SetCronJob

But you will need a script to activate. In your case the regenerate images script. Wherever that is in your Prestashop files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users