Canada Post Shipping Module - Cost of the Package

Hi,

I am in process of configuration of the new shopping cart and would like to verify with the Canada Post Shipping Module developer (Fabien Serny) that the calculation of the shipping cost for the package is correct.

I need to combine all products into one package (one BOX) and calculate the shipping cost for this package.

I reviewed the canadapost.php code for the package calculation only and found that Canada Post receives only one item with MAX(width), MAX(height), MAX(depth) and SUM(weight) instead of sending the list of products.

How will the Canada Post webservice find the correct BOX size if it does not know how many products and measurement of each of them ? I believe that shipping cost calculated from weight and the size of the BOX. The bigger BOX the higher the shipping cost.

For example:

1)I have logged in into CanadaPost Online service and added 2 boxes with dimentions: 11x11x11 and 100x100x100

1)I have set up the Canada Post module to send all items in one package.

2)Customer added to Cart 20 products with the dimensions: 10cm x 10cm x 10cm and weight 1kg.

3)The CandaPost Shipping module send the requiest to the Canada Post websirvice with the only one calculated product 10cm x 10cm x 10cm and weight = 20kg.

4)The Canada Post web service will choose the smallest BOX 11x11x11 and calculate the shipping price for it. This is WRONg because how I fit 20 products 10x10x10 into one BOX 11x11x11 ?

5)Next I will grab 20 products and fit them into the BIG BOX 100x100x100, bring this box to the post office and the Canada Post sales person will charge me much more than the customer payed!!!

I think the CanadaPost Shipping Module has to send the list of products to the CanadaPost webservice.

I would appreciate your comment.

Regards,

Sergiy

this is the code from canadapost.php:

foreach ($wsParams['products'] as $product)

{

if ($product['width'] && $product['width'] > $width) $width = $product['width'];

if ($product['height'] && $product['height'] > $height) $height = $product['height'];

if ($product['depth'] && $product['depth'] > $depth) $depth = $product['depth'];

if ($product['weight'])

$weight += ($product['weight'] * $product['quantity']);

$id_product = $product['id_product'].',';

}

$weight += Tools::getValue('cp_carrier_packaging_weight', Configuration::get('CP_CARRIER_PACKAGING_WEIGHT'));

//..........................

$wsParams['service'] = $serviceSelected['service'];

$wsParams['package_list'] = array();

$wsParams['package_list'][] = array(

'width' => ($width > 0 ? $width : 7),

'height' => ($height > 0 ? $height : 3),

'depth' => ($depth > 0 ? $depth : 5),

'weight' => ($weight > 0 ? $weight : .5),

'quantity' => 1,

'id_product' => $id_product,

);

HI Sylverbullet,

I uninstalled the Canada Post Shipping module because I was disappointed with defects and how slow it is.

Do you now were can I get the list of "Weight Ranges" for Canada Post shipping? What do you use for the price calculation?

Regards,

Sergei

I opened an account with UPS so I can offer 2 services, Canada Post for 0-30kg and UPS for the rest but they are much more expensive than Canada Post.

Anyway, good luck !

Was just checking up on prices today and I don't know if there is a module for Dicom and Dicom Express but for the rates they beat UPS by far... even cheaper than Canada post on many occasions.

Just thought I'd share !!